+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card application

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello All,

Thank god I found this forum! We landed at the Peace Arch border in March 2020.Gave a Canadian address for the pR card and everything was done within 15 mins. We haven't received our cards as yet.My husband is the primary applicant and he was able to link his CIC account to his PR card application. But when we are not able to link our ( my and our daughter's) CIC accounts to the PR card application. Is this expected?
We have submitted a web form with our query and I am trying to call them everyday but can't get through! Any advice on what I can/should do?

Thanks!

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
In land - Landed on March 8, 2020 still waiting for PR Card. Called IRCC today and they informed that the PR card process has not started yet. There is no ETA, we can only wait. They also have my address on file so that is not the issue here.
Thanks for your response. OK so they arent processing PR cards now. I am concerned about the 6 month mark.Hopefully they will adjust if if there is delay on their side.

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Call this number: 888-242-2100. Expect a long wait time (20-30 min) or you may even need to call a second time to be put through to an agent.
What is the current status of your husband's PR card application? Still "submitted"?

As far as I know it is normal that some people cannot link their accounts to PR card applications, and this doesn't indicate anything wrong.
Thanks for your response.The status for my husbands card application is 'Processing'.It has been the same since March 2020.

luckcanada2020

Apr 14, 2020
I'm also not sure if I will be able to receive the card within 180 days after landing. It's been almost 4 months and there has been no change in status. I called them 3 times already and none of those agents could give an approximate timeframe for this. Also, there are a few things that are impacted by not having this PR card in hand. For instance, I cannot travel overseas now because I will need this card when I board the flight back to Canada.
Hi, I wonder what is the 6 months(180 days) you mentioned? Is there anything due on 180 days after landing? Thanks!

canadian_pr_1

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I'm also not sure if I will be able to receive the card within 180 days after landing. It's been almost 4 months and there has been no change in status. I called them 3 times already and none of those agents could give an approximate timeframe for this. Also, there are a few things that are impacted by not having this PR card in hand. For instance, I cannot travel overseas now because I will need this card when I board the flight back to Canada.
I think everyone who landed in or after March 2020 are in a similar situation.Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Reactions: baltzly

luckcanada2020

Apr 14, 2020
Hey

IRCC's website states that newly landed permanent residents will normally receive their PR card within 180 days of landing, so my interpretation is that as long as we receive our card within 180 days, it is considered as "normal". Have you seen any update?
No, my status is still "submitted".

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Has anyone who applied online for SIN received it yet? What did you use to prove status when you applied, CoPR?