+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card application

oktoberchyld

Feb 23, 2021
For those waiting a long time for PR card after sending photos last year:

I was in a similar situation. I had originally sent my photos to "IRCC-Winnipeg PR landing photos". After waiting for 7 months and no response, I re-sent my photos and a letter explaining the situation to the same office. And voila, next day my PR card application got approved and after 3 days got my PR card in hand!

Surprisingly the card came from the Nova scotia office and has the photo that I sent last week (not the original one).

So go ahead and resend your photos to the same office where you sent originally and remind them that its been more than 6 months!

My guess is that they lost our applications/photos due to the Covid situation.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
Anyone else been waiting a super long time from Edmonton? COPR June 12, sent photo July, still waiting and it's nearly April. I am into month 9 and getting increasingly concerned/impatient.

I linked my account up in August 2021, and it just says 'Submitted' at the moment - but does that mean they 100% received the photos? If they didn't receive the photos, would I have been able to link up the card?

Sam518

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Anyone else been waiting a super long time from Edmonton? COPR June 12, sent photo July, still waiting and it's nearly April. I am into month 9 and getting increasingly concerned/impatient.

I linked my account up in August 2021, and it just says 'Submitted' at the moment - but does that mean they 100% received the photos? If they didn't receive the photos, would I have been able to link up the card?
Hi just sent my photos this month, before it was received by CIC office I already linked the cases into my GCKEY account.

Do you have any update?

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
Hi just sent my photos this month, before it was received by CIC office I already linked the cases into my GCKEY account.

Do you have any update?
Yeah I did get an update by calling the call centre. Mine and my partners card were approved and processed on March 10th apparently, but we have been randomly selected to pick the cards up in person. Apparently they do this from time to time for quality assurance.

But I wouldn't have known about this if I hadn't called up because my account won't say 'approved' until I have picked them up, but because the office is closed they are just sitting there until they can open so I had no idea they had finally been processed. And the most frustrating thing is that I had to send my photos to Edmonton but I live in Toronto, so when I called up, the agent said 'When the Edmonton office opens again you'll get instructions to come on a certain date'.

ERM, HARD NOPE. Expecting me to fly to Edmonton from Toronto just to pick up the card!? In the middle of a pandemic?! In fact pandemic or no pandemic what a ridiculous request.

Anyway agent said that because our cards were just sitting in Edmonton til the office opens, it was a good job I called up, because nothing in their system had flagged that the cards need to be sent to an office much more local to me. So eventually they got sent to the Etobicoke office but we're now super locked down again in Ontario so I can't pick them up from Etobicoke until they reopen and f*ck knows when that will be.

Such a joke. Just send the damn cards to my address!!!

Maher94m

Dec 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- If not, what do you think I should do at the moment? Should I just keep waiting?

radi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am in Canada. I still have not received my first PR Card.

I have received my CoPR through email in Feb 2021 from the IRCC in Montreal.

As requested in the email in order to get the PR card, I had to mail back (through Canada Post) 2 photos and the CoPR to the provided address in Montreal in Feb 2021. ( just a few days after the CoPR acknowledgment)

I have not heard anything from IRCC since then, I have not received any kind of acknowledgment about the status of my first PR application.

As you know the current processing time for New PR card is 50 days. And I have been waiting for about 150 days so far.

My questions are:

- Do I need to register on the new PR Portal and submit a new PR application? is this going to make any kind of conflict with what I already sent to IRCC by mail?
- If not, what do you think I should do at the moment? Should I just keep waiting?
Did you link your application in your ircc account

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks, my girlfriend and I are traveling next month but she still hasn't received her pr card. What do we do to travel. She's an Italian citizen so she could come back on visit visa get her pr card and do a soft landing or we might need to get a PRTD. In any case, the info is so scarce on what to expect, any ideas? Thanks.

Aliiiiiii

Sep 4, 2021
Hey guys please help me
I mailed my document for pr on june 2021 from iran . But I forget send original police record document with them . I just sent its translate with stamp . they didn't give me confirmation to receive document or file number . What can I do now ? may be I must mail my police record original page for them !!!! Or send a webform !
help