+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Application said it was Abandoned

tianchris

Jan 16, 2024
Hi, I became PR on 3 Oct 2022 and stayed in Canada for about a month. Then I need to leave Canada because of education and family issues. Since then, at Dec 2023 I returned to Canada by land from the U.S using a PRTD. Then I planned to meet the RO by the next 5 years (after my landing date) But since I havent received my PR Card (Because I left before I got my Card). So, when I came back here last December, I started my PR Card Application and was told the first time that my photo was bad quality, so I took a proper photo at a local UPS then submitted it on the 9th January 2024 (Before that I submitted twice since 16 Dec 2023 and was returned due to bad quality photo)

On the 11th Jan, I receive an email from IRCC-CSC stated that back on 16 Dec 2022 (Around the time that I supposed to wait for my INITIAL PR Card) They had sent me an email to request additional documents for my initial PR card, but I can't comply since I still got matters back at my home country. So they said that my pr card application was ABANDONED and I need to apply for a new PR CARD Application (even tho I already did on the Dec 2023 and Jan 2024). I couldn't understand why my newly submitted PR CARD Case was been confused? or mixed up? with my "initial" PR Card case, or am I not understanding something here? and what should I do now? do I need to make another "new application" (new fees) or just resubmit my current application since its a new one. Sorry if its a bit confusing to read

tianchris

Jan 16, 2024
Sorry I didnt thought about it because I also confused about the application. will it do anything or will it work? I'm not sure so that's why I dont include it in my question since there's no responds yet, I'll update it once IRCC replied so that it can help others that had the same situation. In the mean time, that's why I'm asking for other opinion since the email IRCC doesnt explain clearly what it meant.