+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card application after prtd

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just provided my Canadian driver's licence and landed passport stamp,I also mentioned I'm here as a student,so isn't the above documents not mandatory?pr card was taken as it was expired and the official said to apply for new one
CBSA is not supposed to be able to seize an expired PR Card.

From ENF 27:
While applications for a new PRC may be filed at any time before the PRC expires, the existing PRC must be returned with the application, as stated in R59(1)(d). For example, applicants may have forgotten to return a previous PRC that is still valid at the time of applying for a new PRC and that has not been reported lost or stolen. As a matter of policy, IRCC requests that expired PRCs be submitted with the request for renewal. However, a new PRC will not be refused if the client does not return an expired PRC. IRCC does not intend to collect all expired PRCs from clients.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just provided my Canadian driver's licence and landed passport stamp,I also mentioned I'm here as a student,so isn't the above documents not mandatory?pr card was taken as it was expired and the official said to apply for new one
Were you reported for not meeting your RO? PR card shouldn’t have been confiscated but given that not meeting RO seems to have been considered a big enough issue to confiscate the PR card so I would have expected that you would have been reported for not meeting RO as well. How were you able to apply for a new health card without a valid PR card when you returned to Canada?

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
I submitted my pr card replacement application on February 20th and still haven't received the card yet.The processing time was 2 months but it's April 22nd and I haven't received the pr card.I have to travel to India as I'm the primary caretaker for a family member and planning on booking the flight within next 2 weeks.How long is my application going to take?

Regards

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I submitted my pr card replacement application on February 20th and still haven't received the card yet.The processing time was 2 months but it's April 22nd and I haven't received the pr card.I have to travel to India as I'm the primary caretaker for a family member and planning on booking the flight within next 2 weeks.How long is my application going to take?

Regards
No-one can tell you. The processing time is for standard apps, and as above, yours is not at all standard.

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
Can I resubmit the application as urgent processing as I have a family member in need,I heard it takes about 10 to20 days.idk has it ever took more than 2 months just to get a pr card?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can I resubmit the application as urgent processing as I have a family member in need,I heard it takes about 10 to20 days.idk has it ever took more than 2 months just to get a pr card?
What do you need the PR card for? If it's to travel abroad, that is what the PRTD is for. You don't need the PR card to travel.

And no, no way I am aware of to resubmit as urgent. You can send in request but ... see above, they'll tell you to apply for a PRTD.

Are you in compliance with the residency obligation or not? That is the single biggest factor in likely speed of issuance of a PR card ... and a PRTD.

[editadd]: Ah, I see you previously got a pRTD on basis of (presumably) some H&C reasons.

Look, as far as I'm aware, there are no 'RO waivers.' You take your chances by returning to India, with a PR card or not, if you are out of compliance with the RO. Unfortuantely no-one can guarantee you will get a PRTD quickly - especially since it's a second one.

If you can travel through the US and cross into a land border, that would be your best option.

You might want to post in the residency obligation forum here which tends to see a lot or most such discussions and cases on this forum.

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
I just entered Canada 2 years ago by prtd(h&c) on 18th Feb 2022 and applied on 20th Feb 2024 for pr card now it's more than two months

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just entered Canada 2 years ago by prtd(h&c) on 18th Feb 2022 and applied on 20th Feb 2024 for pr card now it's more than two months
Then you should be okay. Given the history it may have been a bit wiser to wait a few more weeks before applying.

In principle you shoudl be fine to depart and apply for PRTD, but I am not IRCC and can't guarantee processing times for that.

Aarunb

May 19, 2020
I don't want to apply for prtd since it's so straining ,the lawyer fees and I don't think they would approve it.I just wanna get my pr card, so I'm thinking should I wait it out or reapply for urgent processing?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't want to apply for prtd since it's so straining ,the lawyer fees and I don't think they would approve it.I just wanna get my pr card, so I'm thinking should I wait it out or reapply for urgent processing?
PRTD is a straight forward application if you meet your RO. You do not need a lawyer for that.
If you meet your RO, you will get your PRTD.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Up to you. I don[t see that reapplying will 'fix' anything. Your application is only ~60 days old, as I recall - wait a bit. Inquire through your MP's office if you wish - it wont' speed anythign up but might give you some comfort.