+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card after landing formalities

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Last month ie. June 29th 2015 I've done my landing at YEG international airport . During landing immigration officer informed me that i will get Permanent residency card to my home address.

I asked her the timeline immigration officer informed me that it takes 6-8 weeks ..

I would like to know what are the processing times for getting pr card to the mail address. If anyone already received the pr card please share their information .

Thanks,

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
krishna19 said:
Hi,
Last month ie. June 29th 2015 I've done my landing at YEG international airport . During landing immigration officer informed me that i will get Permanent residency card to my home address.

I asked her the timeline immigration officer informed me that it takes 6-8 weeks ..

I would like to know what are the processing times for getting pr card to the mail address. If anyone already received the pr card please share their information .

Thanks,
It will take 6-8 weeks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karenn1617 said:
It will take 6-8 weeks.
Nope. Current processing time for new PR cards is 84 calendar days. So you're looking at around 12 weeks + mailing time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Nope. Current processing time for new PR cards is 84 calendar days. So you're looking at around 12 weeks + mailing time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
I've plans to go to INDIA in the mid of October month . In worst case If I wont get my card by then can i leave the country and come back with the COPR....

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
I don't think you can travel using COPR, it clearly has a stamp stating 'NOT FOR TRAVEL'

The only official documents that permanent residents of Canada can use to travel back to Canada on a commercial carrier (by air, land or sea) are the PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), also known as a Travel Document.

Perhaps, you should check with CIC on this. I believe it has some fees associated as well.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SushilEE said:
I don't think you can travel using COPR, it clearly has a stamp stating 'NOT FOR TRAVEL'

The only official documents that permanent residents of Canada can use to travel back to Canada on a commercial carrier (by air, land or sea) are the PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), also known as a Travel Document.

Perhaps, you should check with CIC on this. I believe it has some fees associated as well.

yes you are right on COPR I can't travel to INDIA as its clearly mentioned its not for travel .

I will talk to customer service first .

I may check with them whether I can travel on BOWP as its valid till May 2016 .

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
yes you are right on COPR I can't travel to INDIA as its clearly mentioned its not for travel .

I will talk to customer service first .

I may check with them whether I can travel on BOWP as its valid till May 2016 .
hi krishna you can travel on COPR.

But main problem will be you can not return back. for that PR card is needed.

So you can do one thing if you receive your PR card on canada's address then you can ask someone to mail you in india and then you can travel. But for that thing you have to wait till you get it in canada and then someone has to mail it to india so a big hassle.

One more thing there is expedited pr card process and that applies only if you have travel ticket already issued with full payment check this link it will help in case you want to apply:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

And let us know the outcome...
Good luck..
Thanks.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
hi krishna you can travel on COPR.

But main problem will be you can not return back. for that PR card is needed.

So you can do one thing if you receive your PR card on canada's address then you can ask someone to mail you in india and then you can travel. But for that thing you have to wait till you get it in canada and then someone has to mail it to india so a big hassle.

One more thing there is expedited pr card process and that applies only if you have travel ticket already issued with full payment check this link it will help in case you want to apply:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

And let us know the outcome...
Good luck..
Thanks.

Its probably a good idea to ask my friend to send it to my home address.....

I'm flying on October 17th 2015 and I did my landing on June 29th 2015 . do you think will it take more time to get my card?

what I was thinking is my residence visa is still valid till 2016 may .. I was thinking I can go and come back at any time.

Note : I got BOWP and resident work permit a month ago before I got my permanent residency.

Cheers,

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:

I'm flying on October 17th 2015 and I did my landing on June 29th 2015 . do you think will it take more time to get my card?

what I was thinking is my residence visa is still valid till 2016 may .. I was thinking I can go and come back at any time.

Note : I got BOWP and resident work permit a month ago before I got my permanent residency.

Cheers,
Hi krishna,

you still have time till OCT. But I will suggest you apply for expedite process through that link. It will help you as you already have your tickets.

And BOWP is fine but now your visa status is changed so I don't think so you can land on that visa.
Either way is to ask your friend to mail you or apply for expedite process. I will suggest option 2.

Thanks.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
krishna19 said:

Cheers,
As you already have landed, you cannot use BOWP visa to re-enter Canada. You either need PR Card or Travel document in order to enter Canada again. You can apply for Travel Document from India on very next day to land in India.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
As you already have landed, you cannot use BOWP visa to re-enter Canada. You either need PR Card or Travel document in order to enter Canada again. You can apply for Travel Document from India on very next day to land in India.

Oh is it ? do you know how I can apply Travel document from INDIA - Hyderabad.

I hope by Oct 17th I will get ..

I would like to check whether anyone in this forum done their landing in the month of Jun 2015 ? Has anyone got their PR card?

Please Update ...