+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR as convention refugee

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
Hey folks!
So I recently applied for a PR as a convention refugee (protected person)
Now there was a question called personal History, I have filled that question with everything I can remember but Of course I don't have a prove of everything I have written, it wasn't major stuff, for examples I worked in a basic restaurant in my country within the last 10 years, however I put the dates I know but I really can't make sure EXACTLY when or until when that was, I honestly couldn't determine, I barely remember what I had for dinner yesterday lol and I do think 80% of PR applicants are the same.
what I mean is that I do mentioned everything I really know with no lies at all but I'm worried about the dates which can be different by one month for example or so! or if I have worked for a short term at any other basic stuff like floor cleaning etc.. that I have forgot to mention (which I didn't) I'm just giving examples of a situation I might fall into because I really can't remember everything I have done in the last 10 years correctly.
However, when I came here I have declared those dates on my refugee claim, and on my PR application I have fixed some of them and add more, is that considered Okay to do or considered as misrepresentation?
I'm a regular person, who have never had any sensitive position or anything important in life lol
What you guys think?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Make sure it matches when you filed you refugee case and no gaps in time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I already said that I have fixed some of the dates and I have added more dates.
does that considered as misrepresentation ?
of course it is unintentional
Shouldn’t be an issue if it is slight changes. If ever questioned you should explain that you were able able with time to remember more jobs so you wanted to correct yourself in the PR application.

Reactions: bamboohamboo