+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Approved cec - counterfoil with 1 year validity?

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hello,

Today I got a message that my application is updated :) with the following details

Document Status Help
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document # Status Expiry Date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx Counterfoil T333333333 Your document is valid. 2018/01/21 xxxxxxxx India

I'm a CEC inland applied through express entry.
Should the validity be 5 years or do I need to renew after the end of year 1.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Also, my updates are like below.
Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below. Help
Review of eligibility Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview Not applicable. Help
Background check Your background check was completed. Help
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. Help

But there is no message below. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Reactions: sidd200970

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
KrishnaManohar said:
Hello,

Today I got a message that my application is updated :) with the following details

Document Status Help
Name Unique Client Identifier (UCI) Document Document # Status Expiry Date Status Updated Date Travel document Number Country of Issue
xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxx Counterfoil T333333333 Your document is valid. 2018/01/21 xxxxxxxx India

Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below. Help
Review of eligibility Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below. Help
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. Help

Thanks!
You should have got PPR email via your email, check your email and yes search in junk or spam folders.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
KrishnaManohar said:
Hello,

Document Status Help

The counterfoil is not your PR status, it merely allows you to travel to Canada to land as a permanent resident; you have until 21 January 2018 to "land." You have to re-enter Canada to activate your PR status with your COPR. Your PR status will be good for 5 years from the date you land.

Reactions: noorulhuda

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hi,

Thanks for your responses.
I'm a Cec candidate currently working in Canada.

I need to validate my COPR by going to IRCC office or enter Canada from another country.

My PGWP is about to expire in June.
Do I need to update my temporary SIN to PR SIN before my WP expires or I don't need a WP anymore?
Do I need to apply for PR card right away?
How long do I have before completing these formalities?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
KrishnaManohar said:
I need to validate my COPR by going to IRCC office or enter Canada from another country.

You can complete your landing by making an appointment at a Visa office (can take a month to get an appointment), or by leaving Canada and re-entering. Many people "flagpole" - meaning they drive to a Canadian border crossing to exit Canada, but they don't actually enter the USA, they tell the USA customs that they are just "flagpoling," get an administrative refusal, turn around, and re-enter Canada and complete their landing.

My PGWP is about to expire in June.
You need to do your landing before your work permit expires.

Do I need to update my temporary SIN to PR SIN before my WP expires or I don't need a WP anymore?

After you land and become a PR, you do not need a work permit. You will need to get a new SIN after you land.

Do I need to apply for PR card right away?
You don't need to apply for a PR card, not for the first one. You will be sent one after you complete your landing (but it does take at least 2 months to get the card; during this time that you're waiting for the PR card, travel does become difficult).

You need to complete your landing before the expiry date in your COPR. However, if you want to continue working/living in Canada after the expiry of your current work permit, you need to complete it before your work permit expires.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Very helpful!

Thank you :)

jadugarbaba

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Under this entry below there is another entry of copr with validity and exipry date that reflects after landing and getting back copr signed copy....does anybody see that? What does that mean?
Document Status Help

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thinkshady said:
You should have got PPR email via your email, check your email and yes search in junk or spam folders.
hi,
what exactly is this PPR mail?
I've not received any further mails.
I'm FSOW

I am the status as the person who started this thread.

NR_John

Dec 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
The counterfoil is not your PR status, it merely allows you to travel to Canada to land as a permanent resident; you have until 21 January 2018 to "land." You have to re-enter Canada to activate your PR status with your COPR. Your PR status will be good for 5 years from the date you land.
hi is there another counterfoil stamp for 5 years after you first landing?

and I didn't understand by ----> You have to re-enter Canada to activate your PR status with your COPR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
NR_John said:
hi is there another counterfoil stamp for 5 years after you first landing?

No. As previously stated, the stamp in your passport is NOT your PR card. It is only a travel visa that allows you to board a flight for Canada, so that you can complete your landing and become a PR. You are not a PR until you land (e.g. enter Canada with your COPR and be processed by an immigration officer). After you complete your landing, you are then a permanent resident; IRCC will mail you a PR card (but it takes a couple of months). Then when you travel, you don't need a visa anymore, you have the PR card.

You have to renew your PR card every 5 years; when you do that, you have to prove the dates you were physically present in Canada... you need at least 2 years in Canada within the 5-year time frame to be eligible to renew.

ict18

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
30-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hi! What happened at the end? How did you receive instructions? I'm on the same boat right now. My application is approved but I didn't receive any message on the profile.

aabhat

Jan 12, 2016
Hello,

Document Status Help

Thanks!
Exactly same case with us too. It is showing the application is approved and asking to check messages for further detail and there is NO message!

aabhat

Jan 12, 2016
Hi! What happened at the end? How did you receive instructions? I'm on the same boat right now. My application is approved but I didn't receive any message on the profile.
In our case, before we saw "application is approved", we received an email from CPC Ottawa asking us to submit our passports. There was NO message in profile, just the email. Have you already submitted passports to Canada Visa Center?

krishnacanada22

Jul 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
In our case, before we saw "application is approved", we received an email from CPC Ottawa asking us to submit our passports. There was NO message in profile, just the email. Have you already submitted passports to Canada Visa Center?
It might be little late to activate this thread. But wanted to let you know about my case.
1) My EE Profile status was in Med Passed.
2) Got an email from CPC-Ottawa - Ready for Visa
3) Submitted my passports at Visa office (thru VFS) for stamping
4) The day when passports were released after stamping, my application got updated with counterfoil receipts.

Now what next. How will I get CoPR? Seniors pls help