+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approval in Canada without PPR

Shahriarra

Apr 29, 2020
Hi

I live in Canada I just received my PR approval yesterday. And it stated that it is an official document showing my status as a permanent resident and I am now a permanent resident of Canada. They did not asked for my passport. And I dont have my CoPR in hand. Should I send my photo for PR card? Or I have to wait for my CoPR?

Does anyone know what should I do or have anyone encountered this situation?

thank you

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hi

I live in Canada I just received my PR approval yesterday. And it stated that it is an official document showing my status as a permanent resident and I am now a permanent resident of Canada. They did not asked for my passport. And I dont have my CoPR in hand. Should I send my photo for PR card? Or I have to wait for my CoPR?

Does anyone know what should I do or have anyone encountered this situation?

thank you
When is your AOR date? When did your application got approved?

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
you are lucky. I have been waiting for mine. I have a COPR handy and can’t land due to covid. Im inland applicant

Shahriarra

Apr 29, 2020
I am sorry to hear that. You got PPR? When you received your CoPR? they didn’t request for my passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did 5x already . They said local VO will contact me after 6-8 weeks, and never received a call after more than 8 weeks passed
No offence but one of the reasons people get delayed is that people send multiple requests when they are to make one contact. The duplicate requests clog up the system. Nothing you can do but wait. You are in a processing queue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The email told me if I have my CoPR in hand send it along with my photos but I don’t have CoPR.
So send you PR card application Without COPR. Would personally attach the email just to be 100% sure there aren’t any problems but it isn’t required.