Medical Passed (again) Jan 2021

Work permit expiring in September.

It states that to extend my work permit I must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • be approved in principle for permanent residence
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination
I meet the above requirements except that I am approved in principle.

So now do I simply have to wait and cannot apply for a work permit extension and may have to leave the country in September?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Paper based PNP
Application received: May 14, 2019
Biometrics July 2019
Additional Documents required Nov 2019
Medical Passed (again) Jan 2021

Work permit expiring in September.

It states that to extend my work permit I must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • be approved in principle for permanent residence
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination
I meet the above requirements except that I am approved in principle.

So now do I simply have to wait and cannot apply for a work permit extension and may have to leave the country in September?
No you have to apply for extension of your work permit. You can apply for BOWP.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

User2896

May 9, 2019
Yes however one of the criteria for applying for a BOWP for PNP is:

"be approved in principle for permanent residence"

I have not been told that I am approved in principle and have heard nothing from IRCC for months.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes however one of the criteria for applying for a BOWP for PNP is:

"be approved in principle for permanent residence"

I have not been told that I am approved in principle and have heard nothing from IRCC for months.
Approved in principle here means you have AOR which is your application number. What kind of work permit you hold now ?

User2896

May 9, 2019
Approved in principle here means you have AOR which is your application number. What kind of work permit you hold now ?
Ah I thought it was a separate letter to state that you are approved for PR but the timing won't work out. So the acknowledgement of receipt is enough to apply for a BOWP?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Ah I thought it was a separate letter to state that you are approved for PR but the timing won't work out. So the acknowledgement of receipt is enough to apply for a BOWP?
Yes that’s enough and you have to attach that with your work permit application. Also what kind of work permit do you have now ?

Sunil_93745

Jan 15, 2024
Hi, I received AOR after filing PR through PNP, non-express entry. AOR has application number and asked me to submit PCC and some fees.

My open work permit expires in Aug 2024. I would like to apply bridging open work permit but for BOWP for PNP class, they are asking "Approved in Principle", so just wondering if AOR can be used as " Approved in Principle"? Or it has to be seperate email mentioning "Approved in Principle".

KP000

Jan 15, 2024
Hi, I received AOR after filing PR through PNP, non-express entry. AOR has application number and asked me to submit PCC and some fees.

My open work permit expires in Aug 2024. I would like to apply bridging open work permit but for BOWP for PNP class, they are asking "Approved in Principle", so just wondering if AOR can be used as " Approved in Principle"? Or it has to be seperate email mentioning "Approved in Principle".
What is your timeline ?? When did yo apply and got the AOR