+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Status on MyCIC says Medical Exam Passed. Should I still be worried?

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

I posted here some time ago about how much my PR application would be affected as I have Tourettes syndrome. I have had it since I was little, and I'm now 25. I came to Canada in elementary school as an international student, and now I work full time after graduating from university. I'm on a PGWP, and I applied for PR under EE recently (only a few weeks ago).

So I did my medical exam upfront, and I submitted my information sheet when I submitted my PR application. On my status, it says something in the lines of "You passed the medical exam." Does this mean now I really don't have to worry about getting rejected due to my Tourettes? Or will there be something else further down the road that I should still be worried about?

I did mention this illness to the doctor when I did the upfront medical exam, and I told him what medications I'm taking, and I told him the reason for that. Then when he heard it's cause of Tourettes, he brushed it off like "OH, that's fine!" But he did write down these things on the system as we were talking.

Could someone shed some light on this for me please? Should I still be worried about my medical issue and PR application?

Thanks so much.

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
You are fine. Understand that Canada has a budget for every new immigrant, if your illness surpasses the allocated budget they are likely to reject you, and sexually transmitted diseases that are serious and poses threat to others such as HIV.

If your medical exam passed, it means you are passed and theres nothing to worry about.

The next step in your application is criminality check, what we know as IP1. If you had extensive travels they may request you a schedule A. So dont be surprised.

After your MEP and IP1 is cleared, you should be in Not Applicable (NA2). The stage where they check your eligibility, its usually the longest wait but you may be a lucky one and have it all finalized within a month ;)

Good Luck!

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
You are fine. Understand that Canada has a budget for every new immigrant, if your illness surpasses the allocated budget they are likely to reject you, and sexually transmitted diseases that are serious and poses threat to others such as HIV.

If your medical exam passed, it means you are passed and theres nothing to worry about.

The next step in your application is criminality check, what we know as IP1. If you had extensive travels they may request you a schedule A. So dont be surprised.

After your MEP and IP1 is cleared, you should be in Not Applicable (NA2). The stage where they check your eligibility, its usually the longest wait but you may be a lucky one and have it all finalized within a month ;)

Good Luck!
Thanks for your answer! I'm so relieved now. I did receive a letter from IRCC already about criminal record check. They told me to go to the police for fingerprinting that will be sent to RCMP, and I need to upload the document in 60 days. I have the appointment booked next week, and I believe they said I will receive the paper work within 10 days.

I hope I will be one of the lucky ones that gets processed quick!! :)

Thanks again!

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks for your answer! I'm so relieved now. I did receive a letter from IRCC already about criminal record check. They told me to go to the police for fingerprinting that will be sent to RCMP, and I need to upload the document in 60 days. I have the appointment booked next week, and I believe they said I will receive the paper work within 10 days.

I hope I will be one of the lucky ones that gets processed quick!! :)

Thanks again!
Thats great! I assume you are CEC applicant?! Theres been some delay on CeC, but I hope they get back to pace once we are over the xmas holidays

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Thats great! I assume you are CEC applicant?! Theres been some delay on CeC, but I hope they get back to pace once we are over the xmas holidays
Yup, CEC. Ah, I didn't know there are delays with CEC. Hope they catch up soon. :)