+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application - Question around work permit dates

n_immigration

Oct 17, 2012
Hi,
I am applying for my PR under CEC Category. I have been working in Toronto for the last 2 years under the same employer.
I have a concern regarding the letter my employer needs to submit confirming 2 years of employment

Here is my concern:
I was originally on a work permit for the first year. Then i switched to a new position (within the same company after one year). My employer applied for work permit in the new position and received the new work permit.
However, they moved me to the new group 1 and a half month before the new work permit was approved/issued.
This one month period was more like a transition period where i was mixing duties between the old and new group.
However, officially i did start my new position one month before the work permit was approved.

Should I state in the employment confirmation letter, that this period was a transition period? Or should i not mention anything (hoping that their attention is not drawn to the one month discrepance between start date for new position and new work permit issue date)?

Can someone please advice?

Thank you

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I'm not an expert, but for my letter I had them list how long i've been working in the company, and what my duties were. That being said, I would think you just say from this date until this date the position held was this. Afterwards from this date until present the responsibilities are so and so. I hope this helps, however wait for one of the experts to reply.