+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application mistakenly refused

illia

Nov 1, 2018
Hi everybody!

I am on a work permit currently and I have applied for a PR from within Canada 6 months ago.
Today my application got refused and I got a "Refusal letter" in my profile on CIC website.
However, I am not the person who that letter is addressed to!
Name, email, UCI, application number and all other personal details mentioned in that letter are not mine!
Moreover, I am worrying now that my personal details could have been sent to someone else instead.
I reported "technical problem" through their web site, however I am afraid, that it is going to take them another 6 months to process my complaint and to re-open my application, which I believe shouldn't have been refused.

Also, I tried to call them, but it is just impossible to reach them, due to them always having "too much requests".

What do you think are the other options I can try to reach to them as fast as possible?

Thank you!

Last edited:

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi everybody!

I am on a work permit currently and I have applied for a PR from within Canada 6 months ago.
Today my application got refused and I got a "Refusal letter" in my profile on CIC website.
!
It's frightening, but actually rather common that information gets cross-shared.

Roannetology

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hi everybody!

Name, email, UCI, application number and all other personal details mentioned in that letter are not mine!
Moreover, I am worrying now that my personal details could have been sent to someone else instead.
I reported "technical problem" through their web site, however I am afraid, that it is going to take them another 6 months to process my complaint and to re-open my application, which I believe shouldn't have been refused.

Also, I tried to call them, but it is just impossible to reach them, due to them always having "too much requests".

What do you think are the other options I can try to reach to them as fast as possible?

Thank you!
Hi my friend just want to ask..did you received refusal letter before the Decision Made. Thank you