+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application got transfffered to new delhi vo

chesnest

Jun 14, 2023
Hi all,
It's been 6 months since I have received aor and was waiting for the approval but on 14th July 2023 I received an email from ircc stating that my file is being transffered from mississauga to new delhi vo.im confused why would they transfer the file. Has anyone been through the same ..? Thank you. Is this something that I should be concern about.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi all,
It's been 6 months since I have received aor and was waiting for the approval but on 14th July 2023 I received an email from ircc stating that my file is being transffered from mississauga to new delhi vo.im confused why would they transfer the file. Has anyone been through the same ..? Thank you. Is this something that I should be concern about.
When did u recieved aor? Tell date and tell is it inland application or outland

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Family class
Oh my - please ignore this person, they are just making stuff up, at least on these hard timelines they are telling you. No way a guess on timeline could be made BEFORE finding out what kind of application it was. Example? Check this out, this person says two months from medical to PPR in another thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/conjugal.809090/#post-10524450 . I don't why but they just ask everyone 'tell me your complete timeline and I'll tell you how long', when clearly doesn't know.

Truth is, noone KNOWS how long your file will take. It might be exactly within the suggested timeframes, or longer, or less - anyone telling you specific dates / timeframes at this point is making stuff up.

Back to your question:
-order your GCMS notes. In my view you have a somewhat increased risk of being asked to do spousal interview. (See below)
-while a transfer to 'field office' (eg Delhi) can be perfectly normal, it is a BIT unusual for the file to be transferred to field office AFTER being advised it had been sent to Mississauga. (For others: important to note, not for all of the visa offices - for some countries ALL files are handled at the visa offices abroad).
-Mississauga has 'traditionally' been used for files that were somewhat 'easier'. I.e. that might go through without juch additional checks, or that didn't require as experienced staff, or whatever, but some potential to go more quickly.
-Sometimes they (seem to) misjudge which office is best positioned to process the file and send it on. It could be indicative of any number of things requiring a bit more senior staff or local experience or something - or nothing at all. Or something as simple as where they have extra staff (ie something entirely internal and not going to affect the file).
-But yes, in my view - somewhat higher chance they will decide upon an interview with the applicant and/or spouse.
-You order the GCMS notes to see if there is anything there that would indicate what the issue might be (or if there is one at all). Because sometimes you can find out enough to answer the 'question' or concern they may have. Important to note, this is a bit of a long shot, but in some cases this has worked and saved people a lot of time (or so it seems).

Important caveat: when I say 'it seems' or 'traditionally' - this is how it has looked from a lot of files reported on the board here. IRCC changes their approach internally from time to time, sometimes simply because they load balance between various offices. If they radically change something like why files get sent to mississauga - it would take many months before that change would become obvious and clear to outsiders like us interpreting the lighting bolts across the sky.

That said: I still think it useful to order your gcms notes at this point to see if there is useful info there. Hopefully I'm wrong and you'll get your PPR before you even get your gcms notes.

Reactions: YVR123 and Kaibigan