+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application for Quebec Skilled Worker through PEQ. Timeline Share

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
BoLul said:
The validity of the PR is 5 years as far as I know, what I means is once the VISA office request your passport so that they issue the immigrant VISA that allows you to land, does this VISA have an expiry date, I would think it should have and I heard that it was valid for a full year for which you are allowed to land any time.

Was wondering if that was accurate.

Thanks.
hallo BoLul , so far as i know the VISA from the visa office is given according to the validity of medical . the medical is valid for 1year. so for example if you get ppr on 20 december then visa office will give you IMMIGRANT VISA till your validity of your medical which is AUGUST 2013 in your case..

BoLul

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello all,

Happy new year!

Just wanted to drop a line :)

My timeline is:

March 13th 2012 - CSQ obtained
May 11th 2012 - ECAS ( PR application received )
August 15th 2012 - Medical reached Ottawa
around 3 weeks later (approx) - ECAS ( Medical received )

So it has been almost 8 months since AOR & 5 months since Medical received!

And still waiting ::)

Wish all of you a glorious and a successful year.

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
this is my timeline:

Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: CPP-O
AOR Received.: Aug 2012
Med's Request: Sep 2012
Med's Done....: Sep 2012
Ecas: Med Recvd - App Revcd

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
To everyone in the forum,

I know things has been silent for a long while, but I just checked that PPR is curently being made to applicant under Provincial Nominee applicants. (Number of people got PPR in Jan 2013) So Ottawa VO is still operatinal. But it is also true that the Immigration minister has announced hat he will finalize the buffalo transferred applications by the summer. I don't know how exactly this affects our applications. (Whether they are concurrently reviewing both, or ours will be looked after buffalo is all-finished. This worries me)

The point is, I just want everyone to know that it is moving. Lets look on the bright side!

Cheers to all.

BoLul

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi QC_Student_PEQ,

I'm approaching my 6th month mark this Feb. 11 after (Medical Received) and 9 months post (AOR). My question is that since our applications went directly sent to Ottawa VO via Sydney and were not transferred per say, any information or idea if these applications are going to be finalized before summer time?

Another question: What if an applicant had to leave Canada and PPR was issued after his/her departure, Does that person have an option to send his/her passport to get the VISA to a different office (are there options)?! Because multiple people have told me that generally if that happens you'll likely have few other options to send your passport to (closer VO to your location)? is that true?

Thanks.

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
1. I unfortunately cannot 100% certainly tell you what is happening to our files. CIC never mentioned anything about QSW submitted after the Buffalo closure. They only mentioned about the buffalo-transferred files that it will be processed before summer. Nevertheless, as I said in my post the PPR has been issued for PNP applicants last few weeks in Jan 13. Thus, I believe the Ottawa VO is working on non-buffalo files as well as the buffalo files.

2. The PPR is, for what I know, sent by an email. If you are going to be oversea, you just have to send the express package to the indicated VO from where you are. Also, for PPR you need to mention where the passport returns. (this is independent of the mailing address that you initially gave them. They will send your passport back to whatever address that you give when sending your passport) Therefore if you are leaving the continent, you have no problem, but the mailing time will take several more days on the way and on the way back.

Best of luck!!

BoLul said:
Hi QC_Student_PEQ,

I'm approaching my 6th month mark this Feb. 11 after (Medical Received) and 9 months post (AOR). My question is that since our applications went directly sent to Ottawa VO via Sydney and were not transferred per say, any information or idea if these applications are going to be finalized before summer time?

Another question: What if an applicant had to leave Canada and PPR was issued after his/her departure, Does that person have an option to send his/her passport to get the VISA to a different office (are there options)?! Because multiple people have told me that generally if that happens you'll likely have few other options to send your passport to (closer VO to your location)? is that true?

Thanks.

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Dear everyone, I heard a good new that the applicants unde "Provincial Nominee program" are getting their ppl this Feb, who applied in July 2012. (Check link elow) This makes me believe that Ottawa is working on buffalo and non-buffalo files at the same time. A good news. Letz hope for the best!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tracking-pnp-july-2012-applications-to-nova-scotia-t111154.1590.html

BoLul

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
31-07-2012
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello all,

Just wanted to share with you that I have received a letter from CPP-O asking for passports and RPRF!

And my ECAS remains as is! ( Application Received )!!

Good luck to all

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
BoLul said:
Hello all,

Just wanted to share with you that I have received a letter from CPP-O asking for passports and RPRF!

And my ECAS remains as is! ( Application Received )!!

Good luck to all
Conglats.!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghompeq

Oct 23, 2012
PR application for Quebec Skilled Worker through PEQ. Timeline Share

title: PR application for Quebec Skilled Worker through PEQ. Timeline Share

I am at the beginning :)
first step: my documents delivered to CIO, po. box 8888, on April-26-2013...
waiting for AOR....

jeeks2012

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi,

I have a basic query.. After receiving the PEQ(CSQ), while applying the PR with Canada.. do I have to Provide IELTS or the TEFaQ test score card or just the Application along with CSQ is enough??

Can someone please help me.

Thanks & Regards
Jeeks

notabigdeal

Apr 15, 2013
Hi:
I am going to apply PEQ, I would like to know did your sent your documents 6 months before graduation or you sent your file after obtain the
dipome? Thank you so much!
:) :) :)

QC_Student_PEQ said:
This post concerns the applicants who has applied for PR after CSQ, specificially for those who obtained CSQ through PEQ.
I hope that I and many others could share timeline so that we better understand where we are in our process.

For my case, my application for PR was mailed to Nova Scotia after buffalo closed, therefore my documents were directly sent to Ottawa. (and not Buffalo)

April 16th 2012 - Obtained my CSQ under PEQ
July 26th 2012 - ECAS shows that my application was received
Aug 23rd 2012 - Got an email from Nova Scotia that my PR Application is considered complete at will be sent to Visa Office
Aug 28th 2012 - Got an email from Ottawa asking me to perform Medical Test.
Sept 6th 2012 - Medical Exam performed (Clinic told me they mailed the results to Ottawa on the 1st of Oct)
Today(Oct-17-12) - Yet ECAS doesn't yet show my results is received.

The processing time seems to be yet unknown as Ottawa visa office is going through transition after buffalo's closure. I will update more info as I talk to the laywer and my friends in the same boat. I wish this post gets very active by your support! Thank you!!

notabigdeal

Apr 15, 2013
Hi:
I am going to apply PEQ, I would like to know did your sent your documents 6 months before graduation or you sent your file after obtain the
dipome? Thank you so much!
:) :) :)

BoLul said:
Hello,

Would like to share my time line too:

March 13th 2012 - CSQ obtained
May 11th 2012 - ECAS ( PR application received )
August 15th 2012 - Medical reached Ottawa
around 3 weeks later (approx) - ECAS ( Medical received )

Still waiting to hear from them!

Lili3020

Aug 7, 2013
pilot55 said:
11 months since medical and still waiting
Hi everyone
I'd like to konw how the PEQ process goes on. How am I supposed to figure out that my preliminary procecess has been started? Is ther file number and other things.? Do I recieve a letter or an email from them that my file has been opened or accepted.
I have sent my file in july and they took the money on july 23rd. I'm supposed to send my diploma by january. Does taking the money mean that my process has been started? I'm so anxious about it because they have chenged the law from august 1st. They require level B2 for french now. I want to konw whether this law will affec me or not. I'd be thankful if anyone can help me.