+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application (federal stage) - Do I need to provide IELTS

vueha007

Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

I am holding CSQ (Skilled Worker) and going to submit PR application. In the document checklist IMM 5960E (iterm 12), it shows that:

12. Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with application to CIC.

Do I need to provide IELTS, provided that my NOC is A.

Thank you.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
Hi,

I am holding CSQ (Skilled Worker) and going to submit PR application. In the document checklist IMM 5960E (iterm 12), it shows that:

12. Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with application to CIC.

Do I need to provide IELTS, provided that my NOC is A.

Thank you.
No not necessary if you have CSQ.

vueha007

Dec 10, 2018
No not necessary if you have CSQ.
Thank you for your info. The thing that confuses me is the checkbox. I read some other posts and the checkbox for language requirement did not exits in imm 5960e before, but exists in my imm 5960e for me now, 2024).

Does it mean ircc have updated, and ielts language must be provide?

Thank you.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
Thank you for your info. The thing that confuses me is the checkbox. I read some other posts and the checkbox for language requirement did not exits in imm 5960e before, but exists in my imm 5960e for me now, 2024).

Does it mean ircc have updated, and ielts language must be provide?

Thank you.
i dont think so i know somebody who did not take an ielts via QSW just got his PR last month.

Reactions: vueha007