+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application December 2019 applicants or after that

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
It’s being 13 months I have applied GCKey shows 65% completed and projected time of completion 29January 2021. Only God knows when we gets PR it’s so tough to live without family and kids that left behind back home. It’s my 26th month in Canada .

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Eloneis

Mar 25, 2020
Why is it only the immigrants they get accepted in 6 months and get the PR in the airport, while refugees wait years for the PR. This is not fair. We have been working In Canada for more than 2 years and pay taxes just like any other citizen, what makes us less eligible to obtain the PR quickly?

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Why is it only the immigrants they get accepted in 6 months and get the PR in the airport, while refugees wait years for the PR. This is not fair. We have been working In Canada for more than 2 years and pay taxes just like any other citizen, what makes us less eligible to obtain the PR quickly?
I'm a refugee too, so please don't get me wrong, I'm in the same boat too (I have two dependants waiting overseas). I think it is because it would increase refugee demand and we are in this country anyway. Unless your PR application takes more than 2 years, you will get your citizenship faster than a normal immigrant. Besides being refugee has its benefits compared to PR. And to be honest, I can't think anything bad about being refugee. You can get a travel document, are under IFHP which covers most of the hospital costs(compared to other province driven health programs which you can apply too), include your dependants to your PR application. Think of this process as settling in Canada. Also there is a political side of this problem. There are a lot of people who have anti-immigration views. Political parties wouldn't like to oppose them. Also unlike the U.S., Canada has more immigrant skilled workers, than family reunified ones, hence the manpower is stronger in those programs(probably). Also don't forget they could have rejected you. I don't say live with a "I'm a refugee" mindset but it is a great generosity of them to accept us to the country.

Reactions: ertugrul

Mfoniso Urua

Jul 4, 2020
Aor is acknowledgement of receipt. It contains your application number. You have already got it now wait until next step in 3 to 4 months after aor. You can link your application online on cic website using your application number Or can use their online application status tool to check the updates on your application.
I have applied for PR as a protected person since December 2019 and was told that it takes 6 months to get AOR. But its July 2020 now 7 months and still no AOR yet. What could be responsible for the delay?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I have applied for PR as a protected person since December 2019 and was told that it takes 6 months to get AOR. But its July 2020 now 7 months and still no AOR yet. What could be responsible for the delay?
Same here. I think December 2020 applicants are all waiting for AOR

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Hi everyone. Few days ago I contacted IRCC and today I was told that all applications will be processed according to the date it was received. So as far as I understand our applications SHOULD take just like any other applicant. It is just the application number/AOR we are not receiving. The only thing we can do at this point is to being sure that IRCC received our applications(which you can contact them without AOR to ask it).

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everyone. Few days ago I contacted IRCC and today I was told that all applications will be processed according to the date it was received. So as far as I understand our applications SHOULD take just like any other applicant. It is just the application number/AOR we are not receiving. The only thing we can do at this point is to being sure that IRCC received our applications(which you can contact them without AOR to ask it).
Hi can you provide the phone number please. Thank you

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Hi can you provide the phone number please. Thank you
I contacted them through the webform but you can call them too.
I'll leave this paragraph for you from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Client Support Centre contact options
  • Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.
      Agents can help you with general and case specific enquiries. They cannot:
      • make decisions on applications
      • help process applications faster, unless you meet the criteria for urgent processing
  • TTY: Call us via the Bell Relay service (BRS): (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
    • 1-800-855-0511 (Voice to TTY)
    • 711 (TTY to Voice)
    • 1-800-855-1155 (TTY to TTY)

Reactions: Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you so much. I had traced my Canada post package and it was delivered. Is that good enough? Or should I call IRCC to confirm? Thank you

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
Thank you so much. I had traced my Canada post package and it was delivered. Is that good enough? Or should I call IRCC to confirm? Thank you
I didn't have a tracking number so I contacted them. But for your case I don't know what you should do. Sorry.

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
You could call and confirm and there is no harm in this! But I advise waiting a month or two more and see what happens. If there was an issue they would let you know. Just forget about the application for sometime.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Ok thank you.. I am trying to get engage with every day work routine so i don't think much about AOR. Looking for job which is very difficult these days. I have applied in Walmart and loblaws.. fingers crossed

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Ok thank you.. I am trying to get engage with every day work routine so i don't think much about AOR. Looking for job which is very difficult these days. I have applied in Walmart and loblaws.. fingers crossed
You'll get a job soon! Dw! Hardtimes help us appreciate the good ones.