+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application December 2019 applicants or after that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I applied in April by mail for my PR I understand it takes up to 6 month to receive AOR - I just want to make sure that they received my mail, any idea how ?

I applied for asylum in June 2019, got approvd without ahearing in March 2020
If you applied in April there is a good chance that your application hasn’t been opened yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Y is that ?? Do they have a specific order or what if i may ask
There was very little processing since March because most immigration jobs can’t be easily done from someone’s home for privacy reasons. It already can take 6 months to get AOR for protected people applying for PR. There will be extra delays due to the pandemic,

Reactions: Ex ツ

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
There was very little processing since March because most immigration jobs can’t be easily done from someone’s home for privacy reasons. It already can take 6 months to get AOR for protected people applying for PR. There will be extra delays due to the pandemic,
Appreciate it .!!! Thank you for ur prompt ans

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
A friend of mine is a January applicant and received an AOR two weeks ago.
Protected person application? that's good news, means they are processing now, but this is strange because IRCC have a system of first in first out with AOR receipts, like the process may take longer or shorter for all people like medical... criminality.... passport verification/originality/ history etc,,,,,, but the AOR receipt should be in order.....

Anyways does anyone apply for the US diversity green card lottery?? I won on 6th June thank god, and going to apply for it too, whichever comes first hoping America lol. looking at PR its 24 months, but lottery green card is 11 months ;)

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
You need to have your application number first. We are all December applicants and we still don't have it. It is unlikely for you to have it by now.
did you even call ircc why we are not getting AOR. is it the pandemic delay or they now issue AOR after 7 or 8 months.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I received application number now after 6 Months.
Great did you get your AOR letter. was it sent by email to you. Does the application start with G ?

Which date you applied in december 2019 ?

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
did you even call ircc why we are not getting AOR. is it the pandemic delay or they now issue AOR after 7 or 8 months.
No, I haven't called them. I asked them about processing times in twitter. I tweeted "
Hello @CitImmCanada,
Are you still processing PR applications for refugees in Canada, if so which month's applications you are processing now?
Thank you!"

and they replied to me as "The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time.You can find information about processing changes and their implications for IRCC clients on the IRCC website: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/questions-visit-work-student.html"

then I replied: "I'm sorry I was not clear for what I'm asking. I've applied to PR in December but I still can't see my application on the system. What I was wondering is when will I'll able to see my application online?"

and they said back: "Hi. If we find your application complete, we’ll send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) letter. Your application number will be on this letter. How long this takes depends on how many applications we get, and if your application is complete."

So it is not clear what they are doing at the moment. They just reply to fudge.

Reactions: ertugrul