+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application - 2019

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
Yes, AoR take about 3-5 Months, after you should link your application to a GCKey account so you get updates via emails and any missing documents or information that IRCC may need from you.

Good Luck.
I applied in December 2019 and received the first AOR in Jan 2020. I have not have received any GCKey and can not check the status of my application. I am waiting for the case number, after which I will be able to check the status online. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I applied in December 2019 and received the first AOR in Jan 2020. I have not have received any GCKey and can not check the status of my application. I am waiting for the case number, after which I will be able to check the status online. Please correct me if I am wrong.
First AOR?? There's only one AOR, which you use to connect your account to GCKey.
I applied December 31st

did you apply beginning of December? Did you get AOR via E-mail or Postal Mail?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
I received the below email: (My sponsors in Canada had mailed to ROC-O)

This is an automated message. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

STATUS UPDATE: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION

Madam/Sir,

This confirms that your application to sponsor ABC, XYZ, as a member of the Refugee Class under the G5 stream, has been received by the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O) on 12/14/2019.

What happens next?

ROC-O will begin the assessment of your sponsorship application based on the date it was received at our office.

The first stage of the assessment is a completeness check.

If the application is determined to be incomplete, it will be returned to you with a letter clearly identifying the missing forms and/or information.

If the application is determined to be complete, a file will be created in our computer system. When that is done, you will receive a system generated message which will include your application number. This application number must be referenced in all future correspondence. Please note that this will be done closer to the point when the mission is ready to process your application. Therefore, please expect some time to pass before receiving that particular notice.

For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to IRCC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/sponsor/index.asp.

NB: The most recent forms must be used when submitting an application. Applications submitted using any other version of the forms will be returned or may be refused. We strongly recommend that you keep a copy of the application you submit to the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O) as refused applications will not be returned to sponsors.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received the below email: (My sponsors in Canada had mailed to ROC-O)

This is an automated message. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

STATUS UPDATE: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION

Madam/Sir,

This confirms that your application to sponsor ABC, XYZ, as a member of the Refugee Class under the G5 stream, has been received by the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O) on 12/14/2019.

What happens next?

ROC-O will begin the assessment of your sponsorship application based on the date it was received at our office.

The first stage of the assessment is a completeness check.

If the application is determined to be incomplete, it will be returned to you with a letter clearly identifying the missing forms and/or information.

If the application is determined to be complete, a file will be created in our computer system. When that is done, you will receive a system generated message which will include your application number. This application number must be referenced in all future correspondence. Please note that this will be done closer to the point when the mission is ready to process your application. Therefore, please expect some time to pass before receiving that particular notice.

For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to IRCC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/sponsor/index.asp.

NB: The most recent forms must be used when submitting an application. Applications submitted using any other version of the forms will be returned or may be refused. We strongly recommend that you keep a copy of the application you submit to the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O) as refused applications will not be returned to sponsors.
Unfortunately you will not get detailed updates on your file like I think you are expecting.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I have applied for the PR in September 2019, received the confirmation in December 2019. When will they ask me for Biometrics and Medical?

shogun2019

Feb 2, 2020
This is not a question it's a kind of observation:
I applied for PR as a Refugee on Monday 27-jan-2020, they received my documents on 28-jan-2020, and on Thursday 30-jan-2020 they sent an email saying that they received my application. it was fast isn't it?

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I applied for PR as a Refugee on Monday 27-jan-2020, they received my documents on 28-jan-2020, and on Thursday 30-jan-2020 they sent an email saying that they received my application. it was fast isn't it?
Consider yourself lucky my friend ;)

Reactions: shogun2019

Robrob

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hello

Congrats for your first step,can you please tell me about forms i helping my friend for filling up forms my questions are followed

1. we should mention all our short stay as well means,in the column of "stay in last 10 years.
2.Need only photocopy of all supporting documents

Thanks to you

shogun2019

Feb 2, 2020
Hello

Congrats for your first step,can you please tell me about forms i helping my friend for filling up forms my questions are followed

1. we should mention all our short stay as well means,in the column of "stay in last 10 years.
2.Need only photocopy of all supporting documents

Thanks to you
1- I think it's at least 6 months
2-Yes

Reactions: Temans