+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
@Mr_nobody CHETORI REFIGH

Congrats Amir. You made it!

There is no way to get something sooner in immigration. So be patient.

There is no difference whether she marry ghiabi, or hozori. They must be prepared to show the marriage is genuine and also not for taking the privilege of immigration law to gain PR status. My personal comment on this matter is to avoid ghiabi marriage.
[/QUOT
I am not sure. Myabe others who did that can comment on this one better.
But, my feeling is that there shouldn't be any difference. Generally, there is one hard steps for spousal sponsersip and that is to prove that the marriage is legit not fake. This one may need a lot of supporting documents specially for the new couples.
I am not sure. Myabe others who did that can comment on this one better.
But, my feeling is that there shouldn't be any difference. Generally, there is one hard steps for spousal sponsersip and that is to prove that the marriage is legit not fake. This one may need a lot of supporting documents specially for the new couples.
Remote marriage is not accepted and spousal sponsorship while you in are PR also is a very long process. i am suspecting now that you took all of us for a ride and representing yourself as his sister:)

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
@Mr_nobody

Hiii

Please help me, my poor brother should have landing before 17 April.
Please have contact with CIC from Canada,
Can he come to canada without PR card?? Is he allowed??
It is his first time for landing
He has the COPR letter printed with sign and stamp

Please answer me in this regard

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
@Mr_nobody

Hiii

Please help me, my poor brother should have landing before 17 April.
Please have contact with CIC from Canada,
Can he come to canada without PR card?? Is he allowed??
It is his first time for landing
He has the COPR letter printed with sign and stamp

Please answer me in this regard

Travel exemption applies to Canadian and Permanent residents. To consider a permanent resident, you must complete the landing process.
At this point, the best approach is to raise a case to the IRCC through the web form and explain the circumstance and ask them to extend the time.

PLEASE NOTE:

WHEN filling the webform, Answer “No” when asked the question “Is your application being processed by an office outside Canada?”

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

My AOR was 29 September 2019. My eligibility, MED, and criminality are all passed. I am currently under security since mid February 2020. Do you have any idea when is it possible to get PPR? I am so concerned that COVID-19 may affect the processioning times significantly?

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

I am applying for the extension of my work permit with the same employer and my AOR for PR is 29th Sept 2019. For my PR, I had the medical test in September 2019 and it was approved by CIC. However, now for the extension of my work permit, they still asked for medical test, even though in the questionnaire I mentioned that I have done medical test in the last 12 months and my immigration is in the process. My question is that should I do the medical again as they require? or I should do write a supporting letter to mention that I already had it 6 months ago for my PR? Your help is appreciated in advance. Thank you.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Dear all,

I am applying for the extension of my work permit with the same employer and my AOR for PR is 29th Sept 2019. For my PR, I had the medical test in September 2019 and it was approved by CIC. However, now for the extension of my work permit, they still asked for medical test, even though in the questionnaire I mentioned that I have done medical test in the last 12 months and my immigration is in the process. My question is that should I do the medical again as they require? or I should do write a supporting letter to mention that I already had it 6 months ago for my PR? Your help is appreciated in advance. Thank you.
Hi Amy, first try to either email the visa office responsible for your WP application ( it usually should be CPC-Edmonton ) or rise a CSE and let them know about your valid medical exam. then see what comes next.

Many times, they asked silly things. for Instance, police certificate that you have already provided from your home country and since that time you have never been out of Canada, but, the CIC asks you new PCC. Some applicants may say getting a new PCC is easier and faster than arguing it with the visa office.

Your case, however, deals with almost $300-400 cost for redo the medical. So, I would go for informing them first.

Reactions: Amy2000_2019

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi Amy, first try to either email the visa office responsible for your WP application ( it usually should be CPC-Edmonton ) or rise a CSE and let them know about your valid medical exam. then see what comes next.

Many times, they asked silly things. for Instance, police certificate that you have already provided from your home country and since that time you have never been out of Canada, but, the CIC asks you new PCC. Some applicants may say getting a new PCC is easier and faster than arguing it with the visa office.

Your case, however, deals with almost $300-400 cost for redo the medical. So, I would go for informing them first.
Thank you so much for answering me. I will contact them first. I have another problem. I hope somebody can help me, For the extension of my work visa (My job is temporary) which is LMIA exempt, in the process of online application I have this question and I am not so sure how to answer this question:

Do you have a Labour Market Impact Assessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)?

If I answer YES to this question, it asks for the LMIA document in the checklist and if I respond NO, the application does not proceed and it gives me the following message:

You cannot apply at this time. You must have a Labour Market Impact Asssessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

I do not know how it works for a work permit extension? Should I answer yes and then attach an explanation letter that my job is LMIA exempt?? Please help me if anybody has any idea? I am confused!

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Thank you so much for answering me. I will contact them first. I have another problem. I hope somebody can help me, For the extension of my work visa (My job is temporary) which is LMIA exempt, in the process of online application I have this question and I am not so sure how to answer this question:

Do you have a Labour Market Impact Assessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)?

If I answer YES to this question, it asks for the LMIA document in the checklist and if I respond NO, the application does not proceed and it gives me the following message:

You cannot apply at this time. You must have a Labour Market Impact Asssessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

I do not know how it works for a work permit extension? Should I answer yes and then attach an explanation letter that my job is LMIA exempt?? Please help me if anybody has any idea? I am confused!
Tons of information is not given by you. what is the category for your PR? Based on what category did you get the first WP? what sort of WP is it? open? closed? and much more!

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Okay. Please see the answers:

what is the category for your PR? Express Entry CEC.
Based on what category did you get the first WP? I am a postdoc researcher who is working at U of A since August 2018. My first WP employer-specific work permit which was LMIA exempt. So, It is NOT open work permit. My boss decided to extend my postdoc for one more year.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Okay. Please see the answers:

what is the category for your PR? Express Entry CEC.
Based on what category did you get the first WP? I am a postdoc researcher who is working at U of A since August 2018. My first WP employer-specific work permit which was LMIA exempt. So, It is NOT open work permit. My boss decided to extend my postdoc for one more year.
Did your employer already :

• submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and
  • provide you with an offer of employment number.
If so, go ahead with the work permit application, select exemption from LMIA. and provide the job number and the rest of the details...

Also, include a copy of your AOR with a brief LOE.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Did your employer already :

If so, go ahead with the work permit application, select exemption from LMIA. and provide the job number and the rest of the details...

Also, include a copy of your AOR with a brief LOE.
My boss told me he will give me LMIA exempt number to me soon. Do you mean this number?

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

Even though I had the medical tests 6 months ago for my CEC permanent residency, for the extension of work permit they have asked for the medical test again in the checklist and when I asked CIC through a webform this is their response:

If you want to stay in Canada for longer than six months, you may have to do a medical exam.

I am so confused. It is an expensive test and why should I do it again when I have done it 6 months ago. Do you think if I continue my application containing my AOR letter, are they convinced that I do not have to do it again?? I am afraid if I do not do it again my temporary work extension application will be rejected?!!!!!

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Dear all,

Even though I had the medical tests 6 months ago for my CEC permanent residency, for the extension of work permit they have asked for the medical test again in the checklist and when I asked CIC through a webform this is their response:

If you want to stay in Canada for longer than six months, you may have to do a medical exam.

I am so confused. It is an expensive test and why should I do it again when I have done it 6 months ago. Do you think if I continue my application containing my AOR letter, are they convinced that I do not have to do it again?? I am afraid if I do not do it again my temporary work extension application will be rejected?!!!!!
Unless you got the green light from them, do comply with whatever they have asked for, although its not reasonable.