+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Check his account. In the application, check the counterfoil information. If the deadline is the same as April 17th, yeah, he has to land by then, as it is the expiray date of landing visa.
Yes it is the exactly you said.

Can this date be extended? How can increase the length of this date??

Or if he landed before this date, can he come back to Iran after some days ( 5 days)?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes it is the exactly you said.

Can this date be extended? How can increase the length of this date??

Or if he landed before this date, can he come back to Iran after some days ( 5 days)?
How can extend this date
I never heard of anyone extend this visa, as it is single entry and they are pretty strict about it. However, you can raise a CSE or make a phone call and ask them it if is possible. If you find out more info, please share here for others as well.

For second option, yes, he can do the landing, finalize the paper work and go back.
Technically he has to wait till he gets his PR card and then go back, but if you are currently inside Canada and can pick up for him, he can go back to Iran. You can send the card to him later on, as he needs the card to be able to enter Canada. Even though it seem doable, I don't recommend this one, as it brings extra unnecessary complications. It is better if he stays here, get the card and then goes back

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
How can extend this date
Hi Niloofar,
First of all, congratulations to your brother for being a Canadian permanent resident & wish him the best in all steps of his new life in Canada.
About your concern, I heard from others that this mentioned deadline shows the time that his medical test is still valid. If others are right, then it might not be possible to change it easily. As Mr.nobody suggested, the best thing to do is to ask them directly & please write their answer here.
Apart from that, I heard that currently new cards are posted to new PR applicants much faster than before. I saw many cases for less than a month & even in two weeks.
It's a good idea to book a flight ticket for him in such a way that changing the date of his return flight without a penalty would be possible(Free of charge for changing his return departure date but just paying the fee difference).
As always, good luck

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello all. I am asked to submit my CV and supervisory form. My AOR is OCT3. Is this normal? Thanks for your help
Hi there,
Don't worry at all. We are on the same page because I was asked for CV as well. It seems to be for BG check and probably for SS.
Due to statistics, more than half of Persian applicants who got their PPRs within 2019 were asked for additional documents like CV. Just fill out the form and write your CV, then upload them and wait for ghost updates.
Good luck.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thank you so much. I had quite a number of papers so hope it doesnt trigger them. How long more should it be waited for this to process aftet submission of CV? Do you have any rough estimation? Thank you so much again for your help. It is very hard to wait...

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much. I had quite a number of papers so hope it doesnt trigger them. How long more should it be waited for this to process aftet submission of CV? Do you have any rough estimation? Thank you so much again for your help. It is very hard to wait...
Although no one can guarantee but since last year the majority of cases passed SS in only 3-5 months.
Cherish the hope, we will receive the golden email soon.
Please do share if you ever get a good news! Good luck to both of us and to everyone here!!!

Last edited:

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Hi friends,
Let me share with you that I got the golden email.
Thanks from everyone in this forum especially Mr.nobody and Ms.nobody for your help.
This is my timeline:
FSW-outline from Oman
Office: london
AOR:1 OCT
MEDICAL: 1 NOV
GOLDEN EMAIL: 28 FEB
I got it in 5 months without consulting with any lawyers. My tourist visa request was rejected twice and once was because of working in petroleum company which was under sanction.
But finally i got it. So just go ahead.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi friends,
Let me share with you that I got the golden email.
Thanks from everyone in this forum especially Mr.nobody and Ms.nobody for your help.
This is my timeline:
FSW-outline from Oman
Office: london
AOR:1 OCT
MEDICAL: 1 NOV
GOLDEN EMAIL: 28 FEB
I got it in 5 months without consulting with any lawyers. My tourist visa request was rejected twice and once was because of working in petroleum company which was under sanction.
But finally i got it. So just go ahead.
Congratulations for your ppr. I remember the first time that you were rejected. But, everything is over now. Enjoy the moments.
I wish a very smooth landing.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear Friends,

Just to update you that after sending ADR, I have got a ghost update a few days after submission. Also, in my profile, additional document changed to "Not applicable". Hopefully, this is the sign that the officer accepted my documents and will not ask for more ADR. My AOR was 29th September 2019 and it seems they have recently started SS and yet waiting. Good luck to all.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Congratulations for your ppr. I remember the first time that you were rejected. But, everything is over now. Enjoy the moments.
I wish a very smooth landing.
Thanks.
Actually i have another question.
I want to renew my passport as i want to enter canada in June and my current passport will be expired in less than 6 months by then(in Nov.). Is this fine if i send a new passport to them to stamp my visa?
Also, i just remembered that i had a travel from my resident country to Kish recently (after submiting my profile) but i have not informed CIC. Is it important? I mean do we have to update our travel history?
Please help me by answering these questions asap.
Thanks

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks.
Actually i have another question.
I want to renew my passport as i want to enter canada in June and my current passport will be expired in less than 6 months by then(in Nov.). Is this fine if i send a new passport to them to stamp my visa?
Also, i just remembered that i had a travel from my resident country to Kish recently (after submiting my profile) but i have not informed CIC. Is it important? I mean do we have to update our travel history?
Please help me by answering these questions asap.
Thanks
Usually, there is no issue with updating passport. Becaue you as a person are eligible for PR. Passport is just a paper identitiy for you. So, yeah there shouldn't be any problem. I have also seen people who receive their visa in the old passprt, and then renew it. For travelling, they travel with both and show the visa that was stamped in the old one. However, I strongly recommend you to raise a CSE and verify these info with them as well. My info is just from these forums and could be inacurate.

For second question, no you don't have to notify CIC if they didn't ask you. If you moved permanently to Kish, yeah you would have had to tell them to update your country of residence. But, traveling to home country to visit friends and family is not something out of ordinary.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Dear Friends,

Just to update you that after sending ADR, I have got a ghost update a few days after submission. Also, in my profile, additional document changed to "Not applicable". Hopefully, this is the sign that the officer accepted my documents and will not ask for more ADR. My AOR was 29th September 2019 and it seems they have recently started SS and yet waiting. Good luck to all.
Hi there,
Do you guys see any additional line in your ECAS after uploading the requested additional documents? Something like an statement saying that "we are reviewing your uploaded document" or at least saying the following: "we have received your document."
If yes, please let me know as I am worry for not having such a confirmation in my ECAS even after almost forty days of uploading the requested document !

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
I have a question regarding the work history please.

I submitted all my work history letters for my Student Visa in 2018, and now I am going to submit them again for my express entry application.

My question is, how likely it is for the CIC to accept these work history letters without asking for additional documents to prove my work history (like insurance documents during my work time).

Because I feel it would be a nightmare to go back to Iran to gather insurance proof (and those documents won't be complete anyway because I didn't have insurance for all the years that I worked).

I want to make sure if it is very likely that I have to provide CIC with additional documents to prove my work history, so that I wait and apply for Express Entry after I have one year of Canadian work experience (and do not mention my work histories in Iran at all).