+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have a question regarding the work history please.

I submitted all my work history letters for my Student Visa in 2018, and now I am going to submit them again for my express entry application.

My question is, how likely it is for the CIC to accept these work history letters without asking for additional documents to prove my work history (like insurance documents during my work time).

Because I feel it would be a nightmare to go back to Iran to gather insurance proof (and those documents won't be complete anyway because I didn't have insurance for all the years that I worked).

I want to make sure if it is very likely that I have to provide CIC with additional documents to prove my work history, so that I wait and apply for Express Entry after I have one year of Canadian work experience (and do not mention my work histories in Iran at all).
If you don't want to use those job experiences to gain any point in your EE application, there is no problem. You will report them, but not in the job experience section. Instead, there is a place in EE application for 10 year of your history. You can report all those jobs in that section. This way you don't have any contradicotory info, there is no inconsistency between EE and study permit and you don't claim any points for them.

But, if you want to gain points using those jobs, it is your responsibility to make sure that CIC has all the docs to be able to verify your job such job experience letter,tax forms, or insurance, etc. It depends on the officer if they need need more info or not. Having said all these, I haven't heard from any Persians was requested to provide an insurance letter.

Reactions: hamid123456

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
I haven't heard from any Persians was requested to provide an insurance letter.
Thanks for the answer. What about other documents plz? Based on what you've heard from different people, you think only a work history letter from the employer would be enough? Because that's the only document that I have and I'm not sure I can provide any additional documents (I can provide insurance documents, but probably will cause me a lot of headaches).

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the answer. What about other documents plz? Based on what you've heard from different people, you think only a work history letter from the employer would be enough? Because that's the only document that I have and I'm not sure I can provide any additional documents (I can provide insurance documents, but probably will cause me a lot of headaches).
The most important thing is to have a letter the same format as CIC described on their website. That is the only thing that is required and mandatory. Other docs such tax forms, insurance etc. are optional and could be used to make the verifications easier.
From cic point of view, they have certain procedures that they will follow. 1- they have to make sure the doc is valid. For that, they may check the signatures, the company letterhead, seal, the may search online to see if such a person and company exists. I haven't heard from Persians, but I have seen that some people from India mentioned CIC tried to even contacted the supervisor or HR of their company to verify the documents. Depends on the officer, but you never know. 2- The letter has all the necessary information. For this, check all the necessary info on CIC, and make sure the letter follows exactly what they want.

However, if you can get that letter from companies in Iran, I don't think getting extra information are any harder!!! Depending on your age, you may not need to worry about these things, a canadian experience and education will ensure enough points for you.

Reactions: hamid123456

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019

Hi Mr nobody

I have a question.
As far as i know, if my brother come to canada and get his PR card the process of his express entry is complete.

My question is that after getting PR card, when my brother is in canada can he immediately get married with a girl who is In Iran (aghd ghiabi),

After that the girl come to canada with study permit visa, and then when the girl come to canada, she applied for PR through her husband (my brother)???

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Mr nobody

I have a question.
As far as i know, if my brother come to canada and get his PR card the process of his express entry is complete.

My question is that after getting PR card, when my brother is in canada can he immediately get married with a girl who is In Iran (aghd ghiabi),

After that the girl come to canada with study permit visa, and then when the girl come to canada, she applied for PR through her husband (my brother)???
Yes, after PR card, everything is complete.

I am not sure if I understand your question properly. For Aghde ghiabi, you can check daftar.org They have info how to get marriaed while abroad. From Canadian perspective, they accept any marriages from any country. You can translate the marriage certificates and use them. She can also come to Canada and marry here in Canada. In that case, she has to go the city hall of the city that she is residing and ask them to register the marriage.

Ys, she can apply. She has to prove that the marriage is real, not fake.

Reactions: Amir1523

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Yes, after PR card, everything is complete.

I am not sure if I understand your question properly. For Aghde ghiabi, you can check daftar.org They have info how to get marriaed while abroad. From Canadian perspective, they accept any marriages from any country. You can translate the marriage certificates and use them. She can also come to Canada and marry here in Canada. In that case, she has to go the city hall of the city that she is residing and ask them to register the marriage.

Ys, she can apply. She has to prove that the marriage is real, not fake.
Do you think getting married in Iran (aghd ghiabi) is better or
She come to canada and then get married

I mean by which method she can get her PR sooner ??

Reactions: Amir1523

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

I am not sure. Myabe others who did that can comment on this one better.
But, my feeling is that there shouldn't be any difference. Generally, there is one hard steps for spousal sponsersip and that is to prove that the marriage is legit not fake. This one may need a lot of supporting documents specially for the new couples.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
@Mr_nobody CHETORI REFIGH

Dear all,
I received a ghost update & my ECAS changed to "decision made" on last Tuesday(10th of March).
Many thanks to @Mr_nobody for his helps.
Congrats Amir. You made it!

There is no way to get something sooner in immigration. So be patient.

There is no difference whether she marry ghiabi, or hozori. They must be prepared to show the marriage is genuine and also not for taking the privilege of immigration law to gain PR status. My personal comment on this matter is to avoid ghiabi marriage.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody CHETORI REFIGH

Congrats Amir. You made it!

There is no way to get something sooner in immigration. So be patient.

There is no difference whether she marry ghiabi, or hozori. They must be prepared to show the marriage is genuine and also not for taking the privilege of immigration law to gain PR status. My personal comment on this matter is to avoid ghiabi marriage.
Salam Soheil jan, khubamanoon, shoma chetorid?
How have you been recently?

Reactions: earlybird2019