+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,
1- I don't think the call agents are working over the weekends. So, I don't think you could reach them. You can google and find out their working hours. However, you may stillhave hard time reaching them due to high volume of calls.
2- I recommend sending a CSE and askin what to do
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
The good point about CSE is that you can keep the response as a document.
3- You don't have enough time to lawyer at this stage. You only have 5 days, so you should send some documents for now.
4- Don't worry, they won't reject for no reason. After sending some document, it may take some time for them to check your doc and make the final decision.
5- If you didn't get any response from CSE or phone call in this short period of time, proceed with including a cover letter explaining the situation.
Thank you so much for your great and reassuring message. I know SS may take ages and hopefully will be okay by posting a cover letter.

Monica68

May 28, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
April 2019
Med's Done....
June 2019
Yeah, given that you were review required, I don't think your security has started either. For now, you have to wait till the officer picks up your file and initiates your security.
Hello,
Today I have an ghost update, I did not check my application regularly so don’t know how many ghost update I had so far. Is this update triggered the security screening or sth else? How can I know what’s happening?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,
Today I have an ghost update, I did not check my application regularly so don’t know how many ghost update I had so far. Is this update triggered the security screening or sth else? How can I know what’s happening?
There are 3 different posibilities:
1- If you have submitted any additional document, the update means that the officer checked your doc
2- It might be because they renewed your medical exam (not sure, others can help)
3- Most probably it was the sign that your security (and maybe the final review) is done and your ppr is gonna show up soon

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello,
There are 3 different posibilities:
1- If you have submitted any additional document, the update means that the officer checked your doc
2- It might be because they renewed your medical exam (not sure, others can help)
3- Most probably it was the sign that your security (and maybe the final review) is done and your ppr is gonna show up soon
Thanks to Mr.nobody for his help. Yes, ghost update is always considered as a good sign and all of us are waiting for that. Also, it might a signal that criminality has passed.
Good luck with your application.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Monica68

May 28, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
April 2019
Med's Done....
June 2019
Thanks to Mr.nobody for his help. Yes, ghost update is always considered as a good sign and all of us are waiting for that. Also, it might a signal that criminality has passed.
Good luck with your application.
Thank’s for your reply. My criminality has been passed before.
they did not ask for any additional documents. I believe medical should be valid up to 1 year(not-sure). So there is 2 months left to be expired. I asked the MP to follow up on my application. I wonder if he called and the agent opened my application it shows as an update.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
they did not ask for any additional documents. I believe medical should be valid up to 1 year(not-sure). So there is 2 months left to be expired. I asked the MP to follow up on my application. I wonder if he called and the agent opened my application it shows as an update.
No, phone calls has nothing to do with your applicaiton. However, you can call them again and specifically ask about this ghost update.
Nonetheless, I think you should wait for ppr in the next couple of weeks. You are a lucky person :)

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
No, phone calls has nothing to do with your applicaiton. However, you can call them again and specifically ask about this ghost update.
Nonetheless, I think you should wait for ppr in the next couple of weeks. You are a lucky person :)
You are right, medical result is valid for one year. Although applicants are asked to re-do the test after a year but this is not always the case and sometimes results will be extended automatically. So, you do not need to worry regarding the time that is left.
As Mr.nobody mentioned, you are among the luckiest persians who are not asked for ADR and we all wish to hear about your PPR very soon.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much for your great and reassuring message. I know SS may take ages and hopefully will be okay by posting a cover letter.
Yes, fill out all the requested forms & explain in a cover letter as well. It is okay though.
Due to many recent similar stories from applicants, this should keep us waiting for 6-8 months in average. However, I saw two cases in this forum who got PPR just two months after uploading requested documents.

You & I are on the same page as our uploading dates are very close and cherish the hope, we will also get our PPRs soon.

I am optimistic about your case because some applicants are asked for several documents one after another during several months but it seems that in your application it might be a faster process as all of these requirements are asked at once.
Good luck & please keep us updated regarding your application

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Due to many recent similar stories from applicants, this should keep us waiting for 6-8 months in average. However, I saw two cases in this forum who got PPR just two months after uploading requested documents.

You & I are on the same page as our uploading dates are very close and cherish the hope, we will also get our PPR soon.

I am optimistic about your case because some applicants are asked for several documents one after another during several months but it seems that in your application it might be a faster process as all of these requirements are asked at once.
Good luck & please keep us updated regarding your application
Amir, 6-8 months was the waiting time for SS in old days. There also used to be few cases who had to wait for more than a year for SS. But, since last year that I have been on these forums, the majority of cases passed SS in only 3-4 months. However, I haven't checked immitracekr for a year now. So, I am not sure. Good luck

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Amir, 6-8 months was the waiting time for SS in old days. There also used to be few cases who had to wait for more than a year for SS. But, since last year that I have been on these forums, the majority of cases passed SS in only 3-4 months. However, I haven't checked immitracekr for a year now. So, I am not sure. Good luck
Thanks a lot for your good news.
I just checked immitracker now & due to statistics, more than half of Persian applicants who got their PPRs within 2019 were asked for additional documents. Also, you are right as the avg. 3-5 months from ADRs to PPRs for those compatriots. There are very few cases who waited more than that avg. time.
Thanks again for updating my information.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks a lot for your good news.
I just checked immitracker now & due to statistics, more than half of Persian applicants who got their PPRs within 2019 were asked for additional documents. Also, you are right as the avg. 3-5 months from ADRs to PPRs for those compatriots. There are very few cases who waited more than that avg. time.
Thanks again for updating my information.

Thank you so much Amir1523 and Mr_nobody. You guys are really doing a great job replying to people that quick. I really appreciate your hard work and kindness. I submitted my documents today and will definitely update you of how my application goes.

One more thing is that my temporary work permit will expire 15th of August 2020 and my boss wants to extend it till 30th March 2021. Do you think I should apply for work visa extension in April 2020 or earlier? I know the processing time is 100 days for work visa extension, but I am hoping to get my PPR before April so that I do not need to apply for work visa extension.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you so much Amir1523 and Mr_nobody. You guys are really doing a great job replying to people that quick. I really appreciate your hard work and kindness. I submitted my documents today and will definitely update you of how my application goes.

One more thing is that my temporary work permit will expire 15th of August 2020 and my boss wants to extend it till 30th March 2021. Do you think I should apply for work visa extension in April 2020 or earlier? I know the processing time is 100 days for work visa extension, but I am hoping to get my PPR before April so that I do not need to apply for work visa extension.
You are going to see a ghost update soon, which shows that the officer checked your docs.

For certain types of work permit, you can apply only if your current work permit expires in 4 months or less. So, for now, you have to wait. If you didn't receive your PR by end of April, you can start thinking of renewal.
You can also apply for work permit and if you receive your PR before they start processing of your WP, you can cancel WP and get reimbursed.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
You are going to see a ghost update soon, which shows that the officer checked your docs.

For certain types of work permit, you can apply only if your current work permit expires in 4 months or less. So, for now, you have to wait. If you didn't receive your PR by end of April, you can start thinking of renewal.
You can also apply for work permit and if you receive your PR before they start processing of your WP, you can cancel WP and get reimbursed.
Thank you so much again for your good info.

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
@Mr_nobody
Hi

My brother sent his visa for pick up and received an email said your application was approved but
I want to ask what is expiry date?? It is 17th April 2020

What is it mean ??
Is it mean he must land until the mentioned day???

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody
Hi

My brother sent his visa for pick up and received an email said your application was approved but
I want to ask what is expiry date?? It is 17th April 2020

What is it mean ??
Is it mean he must land until the mentioned day???
Check his account. In the application, check the counterfoil information. If the deadline is the same as April 17th, yeah, he has to land by then, as it is the expiray date of landing visa.