+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you Mr_nobody. I just asked about my status through webmail and they respond to me 2 days after and mentioned that my SS not started. I am not sure if I will be sent for SS, as I lived in Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, USA, and Denmark in the past 10 years. Additionally, I traveled to so many countries in the past 10 years. But most of my trips were to European countries and Iran.
Well, there are some controversies about travelling a lot. Some people say that travelling a lot is a red flag and they might get suspicious, especially for some destinations. Other believe that traveling to many EU countries is actually a good sign. It shows how safe you are.
all in all, it is purely luck and depends on that officer.
Generally I wouldn't trust 100% the status from web mail. Their response, especially to status update, is usually a template email. If you truely want to know what is going on with your application, order notes.

Reactions: Amir1523

Monica68

May 28, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
April 2019
Med's Done....
June 2019
Yeah, given that you were review required, I don't think your security has started either. For now, you have to wait till the officer picks up your file and initiates your security.
Thank you for your quick and informative response. I guess we all go through security screening no matter what, and have to wait another year or so.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
Hello and welcome aboead.

1- Can I ask which stream are you applying? Sponsoring your father?

2- How much time do you have to submit this document?

3- Is there anyway that your father can get any document from Iran (like the card or something) that can prove he does not need to go to military? Anything tha tyou can translate and include. Search Vezarate ommore Khareje and places like daftar.org. Or even nezam vazifeye markazi in your city or Tehran. They may give you a document that you can translate. I am sure he can get a letter or something.

4- Since you said they asked for proof two times. Have you tried to include a cover letter eplaining the situation? What else did you include the first time they asked? Do you know what was the officer's comment?
Thanks for the reply! Here are my answers to your points:

1- Yes, parents sponsorship (PGP)

2- Until Feb 29

3- He has already asked Police 10+ and then refused issuing any documents, stating that the birth certificate itself is a proof of exemption (because it shows the age is over the limit).

4- First time they asked about it we explain the situation in the body of the email and did not attach a separate explanation letter. Perhaps it is a good idea to do so this time, right?

In general, I believe my dad is not the first Iranian over 60 years of age who is applying for PR and has never done military service, so IRCC should have a strategy dealing with this. What do you think?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

2- Until Feb 29

3- He has already asked Police 10+ and then refused issuing any documents, stating that the birth certificate itself is a proof of exemption (because it shows the age is over the limit).

4- First time they asked about it we explain the situation in the body of the email and did not attach a separate explanation letter. Perhaps it is a good idea to do so this time, right?

In general, I believe my dad is not the first Iranian over 60 years of age who is applying for PR and has never done military service, so IRCC should have a strategy dealing with this. What do you think?
2- You don't have that much time. I don't think you can even get any document and translate it in this short period of time.

3- Yeah Police + 10 doesn't know anything about these things. He has to go to nezam vazifeye markazi. I remember around 10-12 years ago, students used to go to the nezam vazifeye markazi in Tehran to deal with more complicated situations.
4- which email address did you send to? Was it a generic email address or specific? Are you sure they included this information on your file for the officer? Becasue the agents who deal with phone and email don't have anything to do with the officers working on the file.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all, I have emergency questions. I just need one week to submit the following additional documents:
1. How can I get the Schedule A form?
2. I am a girl and did not do military in Iran, but they asked mentioned "If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority ", can somebody say what is the proof of military exemption and from where I can provide such document?
3. In my online application I filled my travel history. But they asked for it again. Does it mean I should fill any specific form? Please guide me? They mentioned "Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information ."

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all, I have emergency questions. I just need one week to submit the following additional documents:
2. I am a girl and did not do military in Iran, but they asked mentioned "If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority ", can somebody say what is the proof of military exemption and from where I can provide such document?
3. In my online application I filled my travel history. But they asked for it again. Does it mean I should fill any specific form? Please guide me? They mentioned "Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information ."
Hello,

1- It is weird, they usually include the forms that they ask you to fill. Check the email again. I googled and found the following link. Double check if it is the last version and use it.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

2- Weird. Appraently, IRCC started asking these questions recently. Look at the previous person. His dad also didn't do military, but they keep requesting it. Include a cover letter and explain the situation. Meanwhile, raise a CSE and ask them what to do. Tell them that how or Earth they expect someone to prepare these docs in one week (even if you can get something like that in Iran, which I hardly doubt)?!!!

3- https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf
Again, I think they should have included the link for the form.

These are all for SS.

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Generaly for any form, look at this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

1- It is weird, they usually include the forms that they ask you to fill. Check the email again. I googled and found the following link. Double check if it is the last version and use it.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf

2- Weird. Appraently, IRCC started asking these questions recently. Look at the previous person. His dad also didn't do military, but they keep requesting it. Include a cover letter and explain the situation. Meanwhile, raise a CSE and ask them what to do. Tell them that how or Earth they expect someone to prepare these docs in one week (even if you can get something like that in Iran, which I hardly doubt)?!!!

3- https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf

These are all for SS.
Thank you so much for clear response. Only for schedule A, they send a form, not for the others. I was always scared to go under SS and now it will take ages to be processed. I am so confused about proof of military exemption. I have nothing as a proof. I will just call them and ask. Can you please let me know which phone number should I call to?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Dear all,
About 70 days ago, I was happy for receiving "pre-arrival letter" and was hopping to get PPR soon, but I got a CV request instead.
Is there anyone with the same condition, who was asked for CV after receiving pre-arrival?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020

2- Until Feb 29

Hi there,
Thanks to Mr.nobody for his complete answer&many helps.
As Mr.nobody said, +10 offices have some general routine jobs to do and are not allowed to issue any letter beyond that scope. Please ask your father to go to the central building/central office in the Capital where exemptions are examined, confirmed or issued. I know such paper-working is hard for elderlies but you need at least an official letter to be appended to your explanation letter to stay in a safe side.
Good luck with your application & I wish your parents can join you in Canada asap

Last edited:

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much for clear response. Only for schedule A, they send a form, not for the others. I was always scared to go under SS and now it will take ages to be processed. I am so confused about proof of military exemption. I have nothing as a proof. I will just call them and ask. Can you please let me know which phone number should I call to?
Don't worry, everything will be fine.
Their number is +18882422100

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Don't worry, everything will be fine.
Their number is +18882422100
Thank you so much. In the past few days, I kept calling this number but all the time, it will end up this message" sorry, all agents are busy, please call later". After after this message the phone will be automatically interrupted. They even do not let me stay on hold!! It is almost impossible to reach them!!

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf

These are all for SS.
Thank you Mr no_body. After asking several people, it seems I am the only girl that being asked for military service!! Do you think it may be a mistake that they thought I am a male person? But after some thoughts, I just think I can only send them an explanation letter and explains that as an Iranian girl I have been exempted and in Iran they do not issue any supporting document for that. I have only 5 days remaining. But on the other hand, I can hire an attorney and seek for help. Do you think I should do that? I am afraid my application may be rejected due to not attaching any supporting documents as a proof for military exemption:(

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,
About 70 days ago, I was happy for receiving "pre-arrival letter" and was hopping to get PPR soon, but I got a CV request instead.
Is there anyone with the same condition, who was asked for CV after receiving pre-arrival?
Hey @Amir1523
There are more than dozens of Persians who recceive CV request on theis forum, so don't worry, it is very usual for us.
It is for the purpose of security. Your case has been sent to SS and you just need to wait. Fortunately, these days, SS doesn't take as much as it used to.

Edit: Please put your timeline in your signature, it is easier to help.

Reactions: Amir1523

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you so much. In the past few days, I kept calling this number but all the time, it will end up this message" sorry, all agents are busy, please call later". After after this message the phone will be automatically interrupted. They even do not let me stay on hold!! It is almost impossible to reach them!!
Thank you Mr no_body. After asking several people, it seems I am the only girl that being asked for military service!! Do you think it may be a mistake that they thought I am a male person? But after some thoughts, I just think I can only send them an explanation letter and explains that as an Iranian girl I have been exempted and in Iran they do not issue any supporting document for that. I have only 5 days remaining. But on the other hand, I can hire an attorney and seek for help. Do you think I should do that? I am afraid my application may be rejected due to not attaching any supporting documents as a proof for military exemption:(
Hello,
1- I don't think the call agents are working over the weekends. So, I don't think you could reach them. You can google and find out their working hours. However, you may stillhave hard time reaching them due to high volume of calls.
2- I recommend sending a CSE and askin what to do
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
The good point about CSE is that you can keep the response as a document.
3- You don't have enough time to lawyer at this stage. You only have 5 days, so you should send some documents for now.
4- Don't worry, they won't reject for no reason. After sending some document, it may take some time for them to check your doc and make the final decision.
5- If you didn't get any response from CSE or phone call in this short period of time, proceed with including a cover letter explaining the situation.