+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Oh in that case, yeah you can go ahead and order CBSA notes. However, given that your criminality and eligibility is passed, there is not much you can do about it. For your case, notes will just add some extra info
I got my PPR email today. Thank you all for your help and support :)

Just one quick question regarding landing. Since I have less than 2 months from the date of expiration of my medical tests(15 Jan 2020), do you think they would expect me to land before that deadline? Is it even possible to ask them for extensions? Is there anyone who faced a similar situation before? Thank you again very very much!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Just one quick question regarding landing. Since I have less than 2 months from the date of expiration of my medical tests(15 Jan 2020), do you think they would expect me to land before that deadline? Is it even possible to ask them for extensions? Is there anyone who faced a similar situation before? Thank you again very very much!
Wow, congratulations! So, your ghost was indeed for the final review. I still wonder if you were under SS at all or not? If you were, how long it too.
Anyways, I am very glad to hear that you got your ppr and I am sure it brings a ray of hope for all who are waiting.

About landing, the policy is either use it or lose it. However, given that you are an out land applicant, they have probably extended your medical for another year so you have enough time for landing. To make sure of what to do, raise a CSE. They respond precisely for questions like these.

Are you currently living in the US? Do you have single or multiple visa? So, in case you travel out for landing, would you be able to go back? If so, I don't think you need to worry that much. you can go land and go back live in the States for now.

Reactions: Eternity87

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Wow, congratulations! So, your ghost was indeed for the final review. I still wonder if you were under SS at all or not? If you were, how long it too.
Anyways, I am very glad to hear that you got your ppr and I am sure it brings a ray of hope for all who are waiting.

About landing, the policy is either use it or lose it. However, given that you are an out land applicant, they have probably extended your medical for another year so you have enough time for landing. To make sure of what to do, raise a CSE. They respond precisely for questions like these.

Are you currently living in the US? Do you have single or multiple visa? So, in case you travel out for landing, would you be able to go back? If so, I don't think you need to worry that much. you can go land and go back live in the States for now.
Thank you very much! Hope everyone will get their PR approval soon! I was thinking about another 3-4 months of waiting given the SS times, so, we should all remain hopeful and it will come sooner or later :D

I have not received any emails/updates regarding extension of my medical. I will raise a webform as you suggested.

Yes, I am a student in US and if I leave I need to re-apply for F-1 visa (my old visa expired 4 years ago!). So, there is a risk if I want to re-apply for visa as the clearance time is not certain for F-1 visas. Hopefully, I will figure out a way to solve this! For now, just thanks god! :)) And thank you all again for your kind help!

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you very much! Hope everyone will get their PR approval soon! I was thinking about another 3-4 months of waiting given the SS times, so, we should all remain hopeful and it will come sooner or later :D

I have not received any emails/updates regarding extension of my medical. I will raise a webform as you suggested.

Yes, I am a student in US and if I leave I need to re-apply for F-1 visa (my old visa expired 4 years ago!). So, there is a risk if I want to re-apply for visa as the clearance time is not certain for F-1 visas. Hopefully, I will figure out a way to solve this! For now, just thank god! :)) And thank you all again for your kind help!
I don't think you would receive any email or update for medical extension if it was done during the final review.
I know that @arash2002 was in the same situation where they extended his medical for one year. I am not sure if he is still around to give us more information.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018

Congratulations, It is such a relief to get PPR :)

Ramin_mj

Sep 12, 2019

Yes, I am a student in US and if I leave I need to re-apply for F-1 visa (my old visa expired 4 years ago!). So, there is a risk if I want to re-apply for visa as the clearance time is not certain for F-1 visas. Hopefully, I will figure out a way to solve this! For now, just thanks god! :)) And thank you all again for your kind help!
Congratulations on your PPR. We are sharing the same situation. The only difference between your case and mine is that my medical was already expired in October and probably as Mr_nobody mentioned it was extended for another year. But you still have another two months to the expiration of your medical.
I sent my passport to Ottawa for visa stamping two weeks ago. The approximate processing time is 4-5 weeks. I will update you here when I received my passport regarding the time for landing.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations on your PPR. We are sharing the same situation. The only difference between your case and mine is that my medical was already expired in October and probably as Mr_nobody mentioned it was extended for another year. But you still have another two months to the expiration of your medical.
I sent my passport to Ottawa for visa stamping two weeks ago. The approximate processing time is 4-5 weeks. I will update you here when I received my passport regarding the time for landing.
If you are like me and you can't wait for the passport to arrive, check your account, the info about your COPR (expiry date, etc.) will all be shown in your profile as counterfoil section. :))))

FYI, I also had 2-3 months left to the expiry of medical but they didn't extend it as I was inland!

Ramin_mj

Sep 12, 2019
If you are like me and you can't wait for the passport to arrive, check your account, the info about your COPR (expiry date, etc.) will all be shown in your profile as counterfoil section. :))))

FYI, I also had 2-3 months left to the expiry of medical but they didn't extend it as I was inland!
Haha, OK I will check. Thanks, Mr_nobody! The only issue is that I have to ask my representative(lawyer) to look at my account. Is the counterfoil updated already or I have to wait until the status changes to Approved? I know that it has not been updated to "approved" yet.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Haha, OK I will check. Thanks, Mr_nobody! The only issue is that I have to ask my representative(lawyer) to look at my account. Is the counterfoil updated already or I have to wait until the status changes to Approved? I know that it has not been updated to "approved" yet.
No, if I remember correctly, you should wait till it gets approved

Reactions: Ramin_mj

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
I appreciate it :) And congrats for your PR :)

Reactions: Ramin_mj

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019

What is the counterfoil section? :D So, the only way we can find out if there is an extension is when we get the COPR documents back or if they reply to my email/webform request regarding my landing deadline, right?

Last edited:

Ramin_mj

Sep 12, 2019
Just to give you an update, I received a response to my email regarding my landing deadline. They said I have to complete landing before 2020/11/18. So, they must have extended my medical at the time of the final review as Mr_nobody predicted!
Interestingly, the IRCC was fast in replying, I am surprised! That is good news for you (and probably me) as you will have plenty of time to get prepared for your landing. Now you can relax a bit and enjoy your PPR. :)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just to give you an update, I received a response to my email regarding my landing deadline. They said I have to complete landing before 2020/11/18. So, they must have extended my medical at the time of the final review as Mr_nobody predicted!
glad to hear that! Now, you can relax and enjoy your PPR :) :) :)

Reactions: Eternity87

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

Did any of you order CSIS note? I did order it and It is mentioned that my security check is in process. Does it mean that CSIS part has not finished yet and then they will send my file to CBSA? Or they write this for all applications that are under SS no matter the fille is with CSIS or CBSA?

Reactions: Mr_nobody