+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Well, that is true, the COPR that they issue is valid either for one year or up to expiry of the medicals. However, before they finalize your case, the officer will review everything one more time. Depending on the situation, one of these might happen: 1- they will issue your copr up to your expiry date, only if there is enough time. 2- They will send you for remedical 3- they will extend the validity of your medical for one more year automatically, which gives you enough time for landing. However, I don't know what is their process for choosing what they are going to do with your case.

Hi Friends,

I got another ghost update today (after a month of getting a request for my CV/resume and submitting it on Oct., 15). Could this new ghost update be regarding another additional document request for SS? Or, could it be hopefully regarding PPR? :D

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Friends,

I got another ghost update today (after a month of getting a request for my CV/resume and submitting it on Oct., 15). Could this new ghost update be regarding another additional document request for SS? Or, could it be hopefully regarding PPR? :D
There are three possibilities:
1- Your criminality is passed:
2- The officer finally checked your additional doc and updated your account nost probably sending you to SS)
3- It was the final review and PPR
Sadly, with 99% probability, it is either 1 or 2

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
There are three possibilities:
1- Your criminality is passed:
2- The officer finally checked your additional doc and updated your account nost probably sending you to SS)
3- It was the final review and PPR
Sadly, with 99% probability, it is either 1 or 2
I raised a webform inquiry last week and received an email response saying that my SS was in progress and my criminality was valid. But, I got no updates in the past weeks regarding the changes in my criminality status and SS (until today). So, if either 1 or 2 is the case then they must have delays in updating the profile I guess unless it is the third option (which as you mentioned is unfortunately of the least probability).

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I raised a webform inquiry last week and received an email response saying that my SS was in progress and my criminality was valid. But, I got no updates in the past weeks regarding the changes in my criminality status and SS (until today). So, if either 1 or 2 is the case then they must have delays in updating the profile I guess unless it is the third option (which as you mentioned is unfortunately of the least probability).
Usually they respond to web form inquiries using template emails and hence they are useless. I wouldn't give too much attention to it.

Reactions: Eternity87

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi Friends,

What was the status of your additional document after submission? If it it was " we are reviewing the additional document you have provided" then my guess is that your security check has finished and your file is ready for PPR (considering your AOR date).

Reactions: Eternity87

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
What was the status of your additional document after submission? If it it was " we are reviewing the additional document you have provided" then my guess is that your security check has finished and your file is ready for PPR (considering your AOR date).
One day after I submitted my CV, I received a ghost update and the status of my additional document changed to NA.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Dear All,
I have a couple of questions. I would be grateful if anyone can answer.
1. I was invited to give my fingerprints on November 6th. But until now, my husband did not get such a letter. So is this a mistake? Can o do anything?
2-how can i know which office is processing my application?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,

Does someone know if PhD period in Europe is considered as work experience for EE, if we were on work visa and worked full-time and paid tax?
I think it can be considered as long as you have a letter with all the conditions that CIC is looking for. Search in this website. I have seen a lot of other people from other nationalities who tried that and it worked for them.

Reactions: Amy2000_2019

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear All,
I have a couple of questions. I would be grateful if anyone can answer.
1. I was invited to give my fingerprints on November 6th. But until now, my husband did not get such a letter. So is this a mistake? Can o do anything?
2-how can i know which office is processing my application?
Hello,
1- Do you mean biometry? Wait for others to comment on it. I applied before this biometry law and I am not sure how it works.
2- you can call them and ask. (given your info, your file is at early stages, so your file will move around due to workload redistribution)

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Hello,
1- Do you mean biometry? Wait for others to comment on it. I applied before this biometry law and I am not sure how it works.
2- you can call them and ask. (given your info, your file is at early stages, so your file will move around due to workload redistribution)

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i mean biometrics.
To which number i should call?

pinkkk_blueee

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied QSW through PEQ program. The following is my timeline. Does any body have the same timeline?

App: Dec 2017
Aor: Feb 2018
MR: Apr 2018
CV request: Aug 2019

I have not heard anything from CIC since August and 23th month has already passed.

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied QSW through PEQ program. The following is my timeline. Does any body have the same timeline?

App: Dec 2017
Aor: Feb 2018
MR: Apr 2018
CV request: Aug 2019

I have not heard anything from CIC since August and 23th month has already passed.
What is your visa office? They probably sent your application to CBSA for SS after CV request. If you know that your eligibility passed you can order CBSA note.