+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Well, I tried the same number as I'd called before (3-4 times). But I was told I cannot get any update on my permanet residence application through calling anymore and the only way is raising a webform...

well, I tried the same number as I used before...:rolleyes: Have you called them recently?
I called them 3 weeks ago. From September 1st, they stopped answering the calls from outside Canada.

If you live outside canada, you have to use apps (Fongo,...) to get Canadian phone number.

Ramin_mj

Sep 12, 2019
WOW, congrats! My AOR is almost one month after yours and I'd almost lost hope in getting my PPR sooner than March 2020. Did you get any update in your profile regarding medical expiration or extention on it (mine will be expired in two weeks)?
Thank you!
No, I did not get any update regarding my medical exam.
I hope you get the PPR soon.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @Mr_nobody, I know I have until the expiration of COPR for landing, but I was wondering how late it is safe to complete the landing? Do you think is this something that I should do asap?
No, there is no need to worry about that. you can technically do your landing anytime before the expiry of your COPR. However, given Canadian weather, I recommend you to do it asap because soon the weather is going to below -25 or something similar in many parts of Canada (even it is below -15 in most of cities right now).

Reactions: earlybird2019

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

I finally got the PPR after 342 days. Does anybody know what is the average time do we have before landing, or in other words, expiration of entry visa? I read in couple of places that the expiry date is usually around the medical exam expiry date. In my case, my medical expiry date was couple of weeks ago. Does anybody have any idea about cases like me or the average time for landing?

Thanks,

I hope everyone hears the good news very soon.

FSW-Outland
AOR: 30/11/2018
Medical passed: 20/12/2018
Biometrics submission: 10/01/2019
GCMS Note:
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Started July 2019
PPR: 7/11/2019
Congratulations for ppr. You can finally relax and enjoy your ppr.
For COPR, yes they give COPR up to expiry of your medical, however, note that for your case, they probably extended your medical for 1 year before issuing you PPR. In fact, this is the last step before PPR, where they review all your docs one more time and check your medical. Either they send the person to do remed or they extend it for one more year (which is the case for you).

To make sure of that check your account, you can see the expiry date of your COPR as soon as they issue it (look at the info about the counterfoil in your account)

Reactions: Ramin_mj

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Well, I tried the same number as I'd called before (3-4 times). But I was told I cannot get any update on my permanet residence application through calling anymore and the only way is raising a webform...

well, I tried the same number as I used before...:rolleyes: Have you called them recently?
Interesting, I didn't know that. Please update us if you find new info on this matter.
I think it is inevitable. One day, they stop answering phones as they receive enormous amount of calls everyday.

Reactions: Shadima

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
@Niloofargandomkar @ms-nobody
Salam,
I really did not want to answer anymore as I already told you twice in the past, but I decided to answer (for the last time) on this issue. Niloofar khanom, the best thing is to apply for GCMS or CBSA notes. I told you a couple of months ago:
1- webform is useless, they only send template response.
2- The online status that you see is the same for everyone, you can't get a good picture from your status.
3- IP1 and IP2 are stages made up by people on these forums, but they have nothing to do with what CIC does.
4- Yes, you can call them and ask about the status of your brothers application. Or you can go and talk to your MP, but none of these methods are as good as ordering notes. Order notes and get a good picture of what is happening behind the scene. For ordering notes, I recommend ordering GCMS notes instead of CBSA as you still don't know if they passed the eligibility or not (CBSA is also good, but GCMS might be more useful). There is a chance that his case has not been sent to CBSA. So, CBSA might tell you that they don't have any record about you. But, it you already applied for CBSA, that is also good. Wait for it.

Second, as I refered you before, if you look at my signature, there is a big post about why you should order notes and the stage of any application that are important.. Read it, it will help you.

Third, do you wanna know how to apply for it, Google it! there are many youtube videos with step by step instruction on how to apply for it.

Fourth, I hope next time, your question is more about the details of your GCMS notes than

Good luck

Hiii
My brother received an email and they asked for following documents:
Military
Schedule A
Travel history
CV/Grad/Kit

Please help me
What CV/Grad/Kit means?

He was provided military schedule and travel history in his application. Why they are asking for it again??

Should he fill out the forms with pen and then sign it or he should type in computer???

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello hello,

Here is IRCC's latest response to my webform (I specifically asked for status of everything):
  • The medical examination results on file are valid. (although it will be expired in two weeks)
  • The security background verification is in process.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
In your experience, do you think it is a common response? I found it weird that my eligibility has not been met/passed yet. I am now so worried if there is something wrong with my eligibility requirements.
I haven't received my GCMS notes yet and haven't ordered the other ones yet. :( The average processing time for getting CBSA/CSIS is 50-60 days, should I really order them? Is it worth it?

Last edited:

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hello hello,

Here is IRCC's latest response to my webform (I specifically asked for status of everything):
  • The medical examination results on file are valid. (although it will be expired in two weeks)
  • The security background verification is in process.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
In your experience, do you think it is a common response? I found it weird that my eligibility has not been met/passed yet. I am now so worried if there is something wrong with my eligibility requirements.
I haven't received my GCMS notes yet and haven't ordered the other ones yet. :( The average processing time for getting CBSA/CSIS is 50-60 days, should I really order them? Is it worth it?
When did you order your GCMS note?
My guess is that your eligibility has been met/ passed and then they started your security check.

I have seen similar cases that they have been told by an agent over the phone that their eligibility passed/ met and then when they raise a webform, they got the same response.

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
When did you order your GCMS note?
My guess is that your eligibility has been met/ passed and then they started your security check.

I have seen similar cases that they have been told by an agent over the phone that their eligibility passed/ met and then when they raise a webform, they got the same response.
Ahaaa!

I ordered my GCMS notes on Aug 25th and then at the end of Sep in response to my update request, I was told due to work load, blah blah blah an extension of 60 days is needed to process my request. So, I haven't received the notes yet but in almost two weeks I'll reach the 60 days extension. time. I just hope they'd return to me with some updates about eligibility at least.

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Ahaaa!

I ordered my GCMS notes on Aug 25th and then at the end of Sep in response to my update request, I was told due to work load, blah blah blah an extension of 60 days is needed to process my request. So, I haven't received the notes yet but in almost two weeks I'll reach the 60 days extension. time. I just hope they'd return to me with some updates about eligibility at least.
I did order the note on Aug 7th and still have not received it. I guess it is much better to call them and speak with an agent over the phone. You can use Apps like Fongo and TEXTNOW to get Canadian phone number.

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
I did order the note on Aug 7th and still have not received it. I guess it is much better to call them and speak with an agent over the phone. You can use Apps like Fongo and TEXTNOW to get Canadian phone number.
Yeah, I should.
Could you share which number you use to call to (through these apps)?