+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied QSW through PEQ program. The following is my timeline. Does any body have the same timeline?

App: Dec 2017
Aor: Feb 2018
MR: Apr 2018
CV request: Aug 2019

I have not heard anything from CIC since August and 23th month has already passed.
There are not many people from Quebec programs on this forum, unless they are silent readers. QSW is notorious for their slow processing. For Express Entry, CV is the sign of security, but I am not sure about Quebec. You might have been sent for security.
What is your visa office? They probably sent your application to CBSA for SS after CV request. If you know that your eligibility passed you can order CBSA note.
his/her visa office is Quebec. Their processing is completely different than the rest of Canada. I am not even sure if CBSA does their processing or they have their own separate units.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Sydney, Nova Scotia.
I just got a second medical request. So hopefully good news is on the way.
Interesting, I thought that Quebec does everything by themselves.
For Express Entry, files go to Sydney and from there goes to CBSA for SS. From what you are saying, the same thing happened to you.
Anyways, the good news is that your SS has been done and the officer is doing the final review. Your PPR will come a couple weeks after you submit remed.

Reactions: pinkkk_blueee

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
There are three possibilities:
1- Your criminality is passed:
2- The officer finally checked your additional doc and updated your account nost probably sending you to SS)
3- It was the final review and PPR
Sadly, with 99% probability, it is either 1 or 2
Hi,
Given that I got my last ghost update last week and the fact that I have not received any emails/news (no PPR), I believe as you suggested I'm either in stage 1 or 2. Do you think it is helpful to order CBSA notes right now, or should I just wait a couple of more weeks as CBSA might not have my file yet? ( based on my webform inquiry response, my security background verification is in process).
Thanks!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
Given that I got my last ghost update last week and the fact that I have not received any emails/news (no PPR), I believe as you suggested I'm either in stage 1 or 2. Do you think it is helpful to order CBSA notes right now, or should I just wait a couple of more weeks as CBSA might not have my file yet? ( based on my webform inquiry response, my security background verification is in process).
Thanks!
Sorry you might have told me but I forgot. Have you ever ordered regular GCMS notes? How d you know your eligibility is passed and your criminality is in progress? Have you received any ADR such as CV/resume etc.?
If not, maybe it is better if you order regular GCMS notes as you file may have not been sent to CBSA yet. Otherwise, you can order CBSA because your case is probably in SS.

For the webform, I am not sure how precise they are. First of all, most of their responses are template emails. They just copy and paste some of your info there. Second, your security info is redacted from your notes for a reason. I am not sure if it is redacted for them or not, but even if it is not, there is a chance that they can't share you any info since it is related to SS.

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Sorry you might have told me but I forgot. Have you ever ordered regular GCMS notes? How d you know your eligibility is passed and your criminality is in progress? Have you received any ADR such as CV/resume etc.?
If not, maybe it is better if you order regular GCMS notes as you file may have not been sent to CBSA yet. Otherwise, you can order CBSA because your case is probably in SS.

For the webform, I am not sure how precise they are. First of all, most of their responses are template emails. They just copy and paste some of your info there. Second, your security info is redacted from your notes for a reason. I am not sure if it is redacted for them or not, but even if it is not, there is a chance that they can't share you any info since it is related to SS.
Yes, I ordered GCMS notes twice. The first one (received in August), mentioned that my eligibility was met (not passed) and my criminality was in progress. I ordered another GCMS notes in September but I have never received them due to some delays in processing of the notes; they told me it might take more than 90 days to get them and by now, I do not think if they are even helpful as I got a ghost update back in October where following that, I received a message asking for my CV. Few days after submitting my CV, I got another ghost update (no message/email). Two weeks ago, I submitted an inquiry regarding my application status through the webform and following is the response:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
· The security background verification is in process.
· The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· Your cv/resume was received by the responsible office.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
So, based on this response, I am assuming my criminality check is finally passed. Last week (one month after submitting my CV), I got another ghost update (again no emails). I contacted the company that orders the GCMS notes and they told me the processing time of the notes is taking longer than usual and the 90-day processing time is still affecting all requests. So, I am not sure if ordering new notes is helpful as I have not received the old ones yet. That is why I thought maybe ordering CBSA notes might be more helpful.

Sorry about the long post and thanks a lot for you help!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, I ordered GCMS notes twice. The first one (received in August), mentioned that my eligibility was met (not passed) and my criminality was in progress. I ordered another GCMS notes in September but I have never received them due to some delays in processing of the notes; they told me it might take more than 90 days to get them and by now, I do not think if they are even helpful as I got a ghost update back in October where following that, I received a message asking for my CV. Few days after submitting my CV, I got another ghost update (no message/email). Two weeks ago, I submitted an inquiry regarding my application status through the webform and following is the response:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
· The security background verification is in process.
· The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· Your cv/resume was received by the responsible office.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
So, based on this response, I am assuming my criminality check is finally passed. Last week (one month after submitting my CV), I got another ghost update (again no emails). I contacted the company that orders the GCMS notes and they told me the processing time of the notes is taking longer than usual and the 90-day processing time is still affecting all requests. So, I am not sure if ordering new notes is helpful as I have not received the old ones yet. That is why I thought maybe ordering CBSA notes might be more helpful.

Sorry about the long post and thanks a lot for you help!
Oh in that case, yeah you can go ahead and order CBSA notes. However, given that your criminality and eligibility is passed, there is not much you can do about it. For your case, notes will just add some extra info

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

I hope one of you can help me. I am currently on temporary work visa and my visa will expire on 15th of August 2020. My AOR is 28 Sept 2019. Now I have 2 questions:

1) when is the best time to extend my work permit? I checked ic CIC website and it says from inside Canada it will take 116 days? This sounds too long for me. Have anybody has similar experience?

2) Before applying for my work permit, I have had the Canadian visitor visa for 5 years in my passport and the expiration date is till end of 2022. Some believe that after getting work visa, any type of visa that have been issued before work visa in not valid anymore!! Do you think that my visitor is still valid? if so, can I stay in Canada in case my work permit is not extended after August 2020?

Thank you all in advance for answering my questions.

h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello friends,
I am inland CEC applicant, AOR: 20 December 2018 and my eligibility and security passed in September, 2019. However, they have recently requested my wife's CV although our background checks have been passed (we both were under ss for about 6 months). BTW, our VO is Edmonton CPC which is really slow. Do you have any idea why they asked my wife's CV in the final decision step? your time is appreciated.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Dear all,

I hope one of you can help me. I am currently on temporary work visa and my visa will expire on 15th of August 2020. My AOR is 28 Sept 2019. Now I have 2 questions:

1) when is the best time to extend my work permit? I checked ic CIC website and it says from inside Canada it will take 116 days? This sounds too long for me. Have anybody has similar experience?

2) Before applying for my work permit, I have had the Canadian visitor visa for 5 years in my passport and the expiration date is till end of 2022. Some believe that after getting work visa, any type of visa that have been issued before work visa in not valid anymore!! Do you think that my visitor is still valid? if so, can I stay in Canada in case my work permit is not extended after August 2020?

Hello there,

when you seek advice, better to give more about your case. for instance what is the work permit based on, what's the condition imposed on your permit, under what category you applied for PR and much more.

based on the info you provided these are your answers:

1- you can apply to renew the wp from 120 days to its expiry. it's been said that apply no later than 30 days prior expiry. But many applied in the last week or even day.

2- we don't use the term " work visa " if you applied within CANADA. it called Work Permit. in general, unless you become a permanent resident of Canada your visitor visa is valid until the expiry of its date. Having said that IRCC may void your visa at any time. here are some scenarios: if you came to Canada with a visitor visa and then claimed for refugee status, then your visa is probably no more valid ( if you were issued a removal order)
Or in general, if you become inadmissible at any time.

3- take a look at your permit and the condition on that. Once you applied to renew your permit within Canada, You are under implied status which lets you work for the same employer as long as you are inside Canada until a decision is made on your renewal. based on the decision on your wp renewal, you may have some options. for more details consult with a regulated immigration consultant or a lawyer.

Hello friends,
I am inland CEC applicant, AOR: 20 December 2018 and my eligibility and security passed in September, 2019. However, they have recently requested my wife's CV although our background checks have been passed (we both were under ss for about 6 months). BTW, our VO is Edmonton CPC which is really slow. Do you have any idea why they asked my wife's CV in the final decision step? your time is appreciated.
your file is pending a final decision. At some points under Background check, they share and receive data from different partners. there may be some confusion in the data they have found and what you declared. don't worry at all. at this point, you may request CBSA notes and you may find out more about your case.

Oh in that case, yeah you can go ahead and order CBSA notes. However, given that your criminality and eligibility is passed, there is not much you can do about it. For your case, notes will just add some extra info
champion e ki budi to ;);););););););););)

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear all,

Permit and visa are two different things.
Visa or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) are just for allowing you to enter the Canada. With visa you can enter the Canada and stay here as a tourist, but you can't study or work here and you won't have access to medical health care and other options that are for residents here.

Study permit and work permit, as from their names, allow you to study or work in Canada. They are not for entering the country. So, for example if you have a valid work permit, you can't travel outside and come back in Canada without the Visa. That is why you have to apply for a visa to be able to enter. With study and work permit, you can stay and live in Canada and you will have access to free medical health care.

Now, do you have work permit up to August 2020 or is it Visa?

1) You can apply to extend your work permit before it expires. However, you can't do it too early. It should be at most 4 months before the expiry of your current work permit.

2) Again, the visa has nothing to do with the permit. You can stay in Canada with that Visa like a tourist, but you can't work or study here. That visa just allows you that you can enter the Canada if you want to travel. All in all, you should not let your work permit expires as you will lose your status and then you have to go apply for something called "restoration of status", which is not a good thing to do

Note: If you applied for a new work permit on time and because of the processing time, the previous one expires. That is OK. Because you applied on time and it is not your fault that it took so long. So, in that situation, even though your permit expired, but you can stay in Canada using something called "implied status".

Search for the terms that I mentioned here, you can find lots of info about them and learn what you need to do

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello friends,
Yeah it seems that it is for the final review. The officer wants to look at the resume and makes sure that everything is alright. If you know SS is passed, then PPR will arrive very soon. :)

Reactions: h.Canada

h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Yeah it seems that it is for the final review. The officer wants to look at the resume and makes sure that everything is alright. If you know SS is passed, then PPR will arrive very soon. :)
Thanks @Mr.nobody. I think they requested my wife's CV to check whether she had any funding or bursaries from Iran. I believe having bursaries from the original country is an obstacle for PR.

h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello there,

when you seek advice, better to give more about your case. for instance what is the work permit based on, what's the condition imposed on your permit, under what category you applied for PR and much more.

based on the info you provided these are your answers:

1- you can apply to renew the wp from 120 days to its expiry. it's been said that apply no later than 30 days prior expiry. But many applied in the last week or even day.

2- we don't use the term " work visa " if you applied within CANADA. it called Work Permit. in general, unless you become a permanent resident of Canada your visitor visa is valid until the expiry of its date. Having said that IRCC may void your visa at any time. here are some scenarios: if you came to Canada with a visitor visa and then claimed for refugee status, then your visa is probably no more valid ( if you were issued a removal order)
Or in general, if you become inadmissible at any time.

3- take a look at your permit and the condition on that. Once you applied to renew your permit within Canada, You are under implied status which lets you work for the same employer as long as you are inside Canada until a decision is made on your renewal. based on the decision on your wp renewal, you may have some options. for more details consult with a regulated immigration consultant or a lawyer.

your file is pending a final decision. At some points under Background check, they share and receive data from different partners. there may be some confusion in the data they have found and what you declared. don't worry at all. at this point, you may request CBSA notes and you may find out more about your case.

Thanks for your reply. We've called IRCC several times and they said that your security checks have been passed. We'd also ordered CBSA notes that does not specifically say that security is passed (it is blank) and it just has some dates. For example, in sub activity for security section the updated date is August.

champion e ki budi to ;);););););););););)