+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

Today, I have got an update on my EE profile, which includes a note: "The estimated processing time is 5 months.".
Can we trust that is it really 5 months remaining to complete my PR process or it may take shorter or longer?

Thank you all in advance for answering my question.

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Dear all,

Today, I have got an update on my EE profile, which includes a note: "The estimated processing time is 5 months.".
Can we trust that is it really 5 months remaining to complete my PR process or it may take shorter or longer?

Did you submit your application in September??

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Yes. On 29th of September.
6 months is the average processing time for PR applications from AOR. Based on CIC 80 percent of applications are processed within 6 months. Unfortunately, in most cases Iranian applications take longer than 6 months.

There are some cases that has been processed within 6 months. So just wait and see how fast they will process yours. I wish you will be the lucky one :)

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
6 months is the average processing time for PR applications from AOR. Based on CIC 80 percent of applications are processed within 6 months. Unfortunately, in most cases Iranian applications take longer than 6 months.

There are some cases that has been processed within 6 months. So just wait and see how fast they will process yours. I wish you will be the lucky one :)
Ok. Thank you for the answer. I am hoping for the best. Good luck to all of my countrymates!

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi all
I have submitted my application for pr on May 2018 through pnp paper based and as my police certificate wasn't ready at that time so we have sent the recipe of letter that showed we have applied for PCC and waiting for that one it took us about six month for us to get the PCC and send it to our lawyer in Canada then he said he needs to wait for CIC to ask for ADR then send it to them so we have got the ADR asking for police certificate then on April 2019 and the lawyer send it to them ( CIC gave us a Temporary file number which starts with EP) . we waited till October but there was no news . on the first of Oct my lawyer told us as my Nomination expiry date was on Oct 2018 so pr application process is stoped due to Nomination expiry so we need to ask CIC to extend my Nomination .
I'm so confused and frustrated .
Anybody has any idea?
I want to apply for work permit to come to Canada then wait for my pr because I have already waited alot , anybody knows how long would it take me to get the work permit ?
Thanks in advance

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all
I have submitted my application for pr on May 2018 through pnp paper based and as my police certificate wasn't ready at that time so we have sent the recipe of letter that showed we have applied for PCC and waiting for that one it took us about six month for us to get the PCC and send it to our lawyer in Canada then he said he needs to wait for CIC to ask for ADR then send it to them so we have got the ADR asking for police certificate then on April 2019 and the lawyer send it to them ( CIC gave us a Temporary file number which starts with EP) . we waited till October but there was no news . on the first of Oct my lawyer told us as my Nomination expiry date was on Oct 2018 so pr application process is stoped due to Nomination expiry so we need to ask CIC to extend my Nomination .
I'm so confused and frustrated .
Anybody has any idea?
I want to apply for work permit to come to Canada then wait for my pr because I have already waited alot , anybody knows how long would it take me to get the work permit ?
Thanks in advance
  • Are you from Iran? Can you put your detailed timeline in your signature so I can help you.
  • So, from your description, you are outland but your representative is in Canada, right?
  • I know for online based applications, you don't have to wait for them to ask for ADR. If you or your rep already had the details of your application, you could raise a CSE and send the doc.
  • Sometimes, for paper based applications, you can create an online account and connect your paper based application to your account. This way, you can follow your progress easier.
  • I am not that much familiar with pnp, I hope @ms-nobody is still around here. He may be able to help you better.
  • About expiry date again. Which province you are nominated from? I think some provinces don't have any problem as long as you apply before the expiry date. Now, it is not your fault anymore, the processing time just got too long.
  • When was your nomination expiry date? Oct. 2018 or 2019? If 2018, already one year has passed. If they wanted to reject you, they would have done it by now.
  • For work permit, look at the following and see if you are eligible.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17
    There is also employer specific work permit. For that, you need to find an employer to sponsor your.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Dear all,

please put your timeline in signature to get better answer from forum

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
  • Are you from Iran? Can you put your detailed timeline in your signature so I can help you.
  • So, from your description, you are outland but your representative is in Canada, right?
  • I know for online based applications, you don't have to wait for them to ask for ADR. If you or your rep already had the details of your application, you could raise a CSE and send the doc.
  • Sometimes, for paper based applications, you can create an online account and connect your paper based application to your account. This way, you can follow your progress easier.
  • I am not that much familiar with pnp, I hope @ms-nobody is still around here. He may be able to help you better.
  • About expiry date again. Which province you are nominated from? I think some provinces don't have any problem as long as you apply before the expiry date. Now, it is not your fault anymore, the processing time just got too long.
  • When was your nomination expiry date? Oct. 2018 or 2019? If 2018, already one year has passed. If they wanted to reject you, they would have done it by now.
  • For work permit, look at the following and see if you are eligible.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17
    There is also employer specific work permit. For that, you need to find an employer to sponsor your.
Thank you so much for your kind reply.
I don't know how to put my time line in my profile but I'll try to find out how to do it.

I'm from Iran
I have a job offer with positive LMIA
applied for pr and work permit in the same time
OINP paper based application foreign worker with job offer . outland
AR 18 May 2018
I've never got file number CIC just gave me a Temporary file number .
My representative is in Canada
ADR ( police Certificate ) April 2019
Nomination Expiry date Oct 2018
Can I link my application online with a Temporary file number?
Thank you

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind reply.
I don't know how to put my time line in my profile but I'll try to find out how to do it.

I'm from Iran
I have a job offer with positive LMIA
applied for pr and work permit in the same time
OINP paper based application foreign worker with job offer . outland
AR 18 May 2018
I've never got file number CIC just gave me a Temporary file number .
My representative is in Canada
ADR ( police Certificate ) April 2019
Nomination Expiry date Oct 2018
Can I link my application online with a Temporary file number?
Thank you
As I told you before, if the Expiry date is oct 2018, how come they sent you an ADR in 2019? Why didn't they reject you? It seems that it is their fault that you reached the expiry date. You submitted everything on time, it is just the processing time that is taking time.

I don't know if the temporary file number is enough or not? Why don't you give it a try? see these links
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1223&top=3
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hi everyone, for those living in GTA (Toronto) and need help for landing at 1000-island bridge operating 24/7,

I wanted to share my experience as below

As I work during the week, my family and I left GTA and reached Gananoque around 8 pm on Friday. We booked a hotel so that we could go around or take boats the day after and also go to border overnight.

We reached 1000-island bridge around 10:30 pm (paid the toll fee), there was only 1 lane processing and only 3 cars ahead of us. We got to US border at 10:40 pm, told the officer we are there for flag-pole. He kindly guided us to park the car for security check and we went to the building. They asked the main applicant a few questions and prepared docs in 20 minutes. The main thing was a paper with our names on it doing flag-pole.

Then he guided us how to return without entering US. We made a U-turn and reached the Canadian border at 11:10 pm. There was one lane processing cars and we waited for 2 minutes until it was our turn. The Canadian officer checked our docs and guided us to the building to do the immigration process.

There was a very kind and helpful lady helping us do the landing. remember the following docs:

- all work/study/residence permits
- passports
- COPR
- prepare Proof of fund (just in case)

She processed everything and we left around 11:45 pm, overall 20 minutes (5 minutes per passport)

Definitely much easier than Naigara and we enjoyed our next day stay in Gananoque.
@fahmoh and @Mr_nobody
Well It took 21 days for me to get approval after sending my passport and now I am contemplating about flag-polling as I need to get my SIN ASAP and get incorporated which i can not do that on my current open work permit, i know some friends(not our fellow citizens) tried the normal route and made an attempt to book an appointment for interview from Vancouver and after over a month with no response then they did flag-polling with no issue.
My main concern and question is : what is the impact of flag-poling for our fellow citizens, giving the fact that my wife is in green card queue, what is the letter that we are receiving upon falg-pole, is it formal deny of entry and what will be the impact for future visa request and trip to south of border? should we forever answer to question like have you ever denied to enter to port of entry and provide explanation and what is the harm of it, the other option for me is use the incoming Canadian visa and fly somewhere to mexico which is not cheap as most of the flights have stops in US which i cant use and direct one is very expensive. appreciate your thoughts please.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Hi friends,
I want to know how many days after AOR, you got the invitation for biometrics?
My AOR was october 2nd. After 2 weeks, i was asked for 2 additional documents like my wes report but after that no news. Is this normal?
More than one month after my AOR and still i am not asked to do biometrics.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@fahmoh and @Mr_nobody
Well It took 21 days for me to get approval after sending my passport and now I am contemplating about flag-polling as I need to get my SIN ASAP and get incorporated which i can not do that on my current open work permit, i know some friends(not our fellow citizens) tried the normal route and made an attempt to book an appointment for interview from Vancouver and after over a month with no response then they did flag-polling with no issue.
My main concern and question is : what is the impact of flag-poling for our fellow citizens, giving the fact that my wife is in green card queue, what is the letter that we are receiving upon falg-pole, is it formal deny of entry and what will be the impact for future visa request and trip to south of border? should we forever answer to question like have you ever denied to enter to port of entry and provide explanation and what is the harm of it, the other option for me is use the incoming Canadian visa and fly somewhere to mexico which is not cheap as most of the flights have stops in US which i cant use and direct one is very expensive. appreciate your thoughts please.
Salam
sorry I didn't check this forum over the weekend.
I heard from non-Persians who tried that it does not have any impact on future visa. It seems that it is a very common thing and they know every year a lot of people from Canada go to the border for Flag poling. Some friends of mine actually tried and could get visa easily afterwards, but none of them were Persians. For Persians, we are going to have issues getting visa, no matter if we do this flag poling or not!

For the process, yes you will receive a letter showing that you were denied to enter. But I don't know what they write on that letter, sorry. But, I think every time you have to mention you were denied to enter to the US because of flag poling. It is going to be in your records, but again it seems it does not have any impact for future visas. Every one says it is harmless. I don't know.

Some other options
1- I don't know what does "get incorporated" mean? Is it something work related? I know that there is an urgent processing of PR card for those who are in rush. See this link for the conditions:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
Email them and explain it is urgent for you. They may give you a time quickly. If not, you can think about other options.

2- I knew that in some cities, they used to offer in-land landing on a walk-in base only for some specific days in a month. For example, Ottawa office used to offer landing on a walk-in base twice per month. However, I heard from another person they canceled it recently. Raise a CSE and ask them if there is still any office that offers walk-ins or not? (Even though, I think plane ticket to mexico may be cheaper and faster for you that going to Ottawa from Vancouver!)

3- For travelling to Mexico, are you sure you don't need a visa? I know that those who have PR don't need a visa, but not sure you.
Sorry, after typing this, I searched for you and found this link. Thought sharing with you instead of removing the comment. It seems you don't have any issue entering the mexico.
https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/toronto/index.php/en/servicesforeigners/doclegalization/52-conservices/225-visitors-who-do-not-require-a-visa-with-a-stay-up-to-180-days

4- If you decided to go to Mexico, you can look at some cheaper airlines as well. For example, check Air Transat. It is a small Canadian airline. I have never used them myself. So, I don't know about the quality, but I heard that they have cheaper tickets than westjet and aircanada.

Reactions: ms-nobody