June 2019
Hi guys,

my timeline is as follow, FSW inland
AOR: 25 April 2019
Apply for BOWP: 14 May
Medical passed: 5 June
BOWP approved: 4 Sep
BG: we are processing...

Since my work permit got approved, I think my criminality and eligibility has been passed (133 days so far).
I should also mention that I've contacted one of the MP and he told me last week that nothing(neither criminality nor security) is initiated on your file and we don't know why! whereas he had told me two months earlier, the criminality has been started, so I suspect he made up sth in the second time I approached him.

my question is, in this step my security will be started or as MP said my criminality check will start? I am confused a little bit.
If they want some additional document such as job-related document or CV, usually in which step they will ask for it?

Thanks

Reactions: Mr_nobody

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
The ghost updates are usually good signs, except for the case that they ask for new photos (ADR). All in all the whole process usually takes 2-3 weeks. You are going to receive your Card soon. Th point is that after you did landing, you are technically PR of Canada. The card is just the document. Don't worry about it
You are right...
My PR Card application also got approved today. The processing time for PR Card is 12 days now! I think they want to ship the card faster and get rid of the visa stamp for inland applicants and send them landing interview directly.
I should be receiving it soon! I just need it as I am travelling soon.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys,

my timeline is as follow, FSW inland
AOR: 25 April 2019
Apply for BOWP: 14 May
Medical passed: 5 June
BOWP approved: 4 Sep
BG: we are processing...

Since my work permit got approved, I think my criminality and eligibility has been passed (133 days so far).
I should also mention that I've contacted one of the MP and he told me last week that nothing(neither criminality nor security) is initiated on your file and we don't know why! whereas he had told me two months earlier, the criminality has been started, so I suspect he made up sth in the second time I approached him.

my question is, in this step my security will be started or as MP said my criminality check will start? I am confused a little bit.
If they want some additional document such as job-related document or CV, usually in which step they will ask for it?

Thanks
Hello Monica.
BOWP requires your eligibility (approved in principle). I don't think it has anything to do with criminality.

For you PR, instead of asking MP, why don't you apply for GCMS notes and get all the information that you need?!!! order one and make your life easier.

PS: Please put your timeline in your signature

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
Yeah, I don't know what is the best way to solve this problem. I think the best way probably is to ask everyone to create immitracker profile so everyone can follow. Otherwise, everyone a new person comes on this forum, he has to go hundreds of pages back to get some timeline. Do you have any idea other than immitracker?
Signature would be fine. Anyway, I got my golden email :). It took around 530 days. I wish everyone would get it soon...
It was around two weeks after @rajahoomi approximately the same time difference of our CV requests. I will update my timeline and most probably go to thousand-island to Land.

I saw in some posts how fast it was during weekdays but I have to go on a weekend evening to avoid the crowd. No idea how crowded it would be on the bridge during weekend evenings??!!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Signature would be fine. Anyway, I got my golden email :). It took around 530 days. I wish everyone would get it soon...
It was around two weeks after @rajahoomi approximately the same time difference of our CV requests. I will update my timeline and most probably go to thousand-island to Land.

I saw in some posts how fast it was during weekdays but I have to go on a weekend evening to avoid the crowd. No idea how crowded it would be on the bridge during weekend evenings??!!
WOW ! What a surprise. Maybe they check this forum and decide to give you guys ppr :D :D :D
Congratulations! Glad to hear that your file has been processed. Yeah these days security takes 4-5 months.

May I ask if you are living in Kingston?

Reactions: Ken_89 and fahmoh

fahmoh

Sep 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
WOW ! What a surprise. Maybe they check this forum and decide to give you guys ppr :D :D :D
Congratulations! Glad to hear that your file has been processed. Yeah these days security takes 4-5 months.

May I ask if you are living in Kingston?
Thank you for your kind message. "Them checking this forum" came to my mind too :D.

No, I live in GTA but Niagara processes only 10 landings a day. Everybody is recommending thousand-island bridge .

I May have to book a hotel to stay overnight o_O

Monica68

May 28, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
April 2019
Med's Done....
June 2019
Hello Monica.
BOWP requires your eligibility (approved in principle). I don't think it has anything to do with criminality.

For you PR, instead of asking MP, why don't you apply for GCMS notes and get all the information that you need?!!! order one and make your life easier.

PS: Please put your timeline in your signature
Thanks,
How can I put the info in my signature? I did not find anything in my profile

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018

Wow! Congratulations!

If that's the case I kindly urge the Canadian immigration agent who is secretly watching this forum to move my file a bit forward in the line. Your cookie would be taken care of. :D:D:D

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys,

I have ordered a note on August 5th and I have not received it yet. How long does it normally take?
Normally it takes one month, but don't be surprised if you don't receive it on time. There is an email address that you can send email to and ask about the last status of your request. If you search these forums you can find that email address. If you ordered through a 3rd party, you can email them and ask them to follow it up.

Reactions: StarWar2018

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Wow! Congratulations!

If that's the case I kindly urge the Canadian immigration agent who is secretly watching this forum to move my file a bit forward in the line. Your cookie would be taken care of. :D:D:D
hahaha
Cookie :D :D :D
or your cookie will be preserved.

Reactions: Ken_89

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, If I have lived in North Europe in the past 10 years (getting MSC, Phd and a few years of work), is it still possible that my background check still takes ages as an Iranian? or it might be faster in my case? any experience?

Actually, after filling the forms, the system did not ask me for Iranian police certificate?

Your answer is appreciated!

Last edited:

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hi, If I have lived in North Europe in the past 10 years (getting MSC, Phd and a few years of work), is it still possible that my background check still takes ages as an Iranian? or it might be faster in my case? any experience?

Actually, after filling the forms, the system did not ask me for Iranian police certificate?

Hi,
I assume it would be faster, especially if you haven't done any military service in Iran. In my case, I've lived in Europe for last 7 years but still my application is going through the long security screening process (I think).

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Hi,
I assume it would be faster, especially if you haven't done any military service in Iran. In my case, I've lived in Europe for last 7 years but still my application is going through the long security screening process (I think).
Unfortunately no one can really predict that. I have even seen cases who have US green card but still went through SS.
Definitely living in EU would help. Hope they process it faster for you.