+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I have somebody in Canda and am going to ask them to order it to their own address and then send it over here by mail or maybe by email if that's possible. I was reading some of these forums that talk about security screening and it seems like CBSA waits for the results from CSIS before it processes its own security screening. There's so much bullshit being said in some of these forums that I'm not sure how accurate this is but could it be that the ghost update I saw in May was from CSIS? Have you heard such a thing before?
I have never heard of. The only think I know is that CSIS does their job first, submit to CBSA and they will carry on. But, I heard CSIS finishes in a couple of months. The rest, the file is in CBSA. The same as you, I only heard these things from the forums. I am not sure how valid they are.
by the way for myself, I only received one ghost update regarding my SS. I didn't receive anything showing that I passed CSIS part.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I have never heard of. The only think I know is that CSIS does their job first, submit to CBSA and they will carry on. But, I heard CSIS finishes in a couple of months. The rest, the file is in CBSA. The same as you, I only heard these things from the forums. I am not sure how valid they are.
by the way for myself, I only received one ghost update regarding my SS. I didn't receive anything showing that I passed CSIS part.
This whole process is so nebulous. :D

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
Hi Guys,
is there anyone who got PR and withdraw his work permit application. Did you get the money back? how long it takes? Thanks

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply, How did you receive the money? Via Direct deposit? My application has been withdrawn on May 14 but no reimbursement yet.
First of all, congratulations on the pr, if you already received it. Update your immitracker and signature here, not for me but for others. I also got my pr, but these info that we share will help others.
For reimbursement, you need to wait for the officer to pick your file. The processing time for the work permit is here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
From this link, you can guess when the officer is going to pick up your file. They will reimburse you if they haven't started reviewing your eligibility, otherwise, they may not reimburse you.
They also reimburse you with the same method that you paid. If you paid by credit card, they will reimburse you to the same credit card. Otherwise, they will send you a check via mail.

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I see. Thanks for the info. I think I need to start reading a little about different types of visa in the states.
Edit: I will bother you guys if I have any question and if you don't mind
Absolutely, :) I will be more than happy to answer as much as I know.

P.S. In my case they start some level of security screening, but they have not asked for CV or schedule A form. Could it be a positive sign that they send it for the regular type?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Absolutely, :) I will be more than happy to answer as much as I know.

P.S. In my case they start some level of security screening, but they have not asked for CV or schedule A form. Could it be a positive sign that they send it for the regular type?
Thank you very much
It is hard to tell. Not always they ask for CV. The best way to know is through GCMS notes, have you ever ordered? Did you see any sign of security?

Reactions: earlybird2019

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thank you very much
It is hard to tell. Not always they ask for CV. The best way to know is through GCMS notes, have you ever ordered? Did you see any sign of security?
Actually, I got somewhat conflicting status from agents, according to one my case has been sent for ss and it is in progress while the other agent said the result is ready for review. I will order GCMS notes to find out for sure.

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Actually, I got somewhat conflicting status from agents, according to one my case has been sent for ss and it is in progress while the other agent said the result is ready for review. I will order GCMS notes to find out for sure.
Yeah, the best thing is to order notes. Otherwise, sometimes the agents don't give precise answers. Maybe, some info gets redacted for them as well. Just guessing.

Reactions: earlybird2019

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Thanks @Mr_nobody, I hope the first agent was right otherwise my fantasy of moving to Canada in summer is over
I am an inland applicant with 6 years of background in Canada (study, work, driving history, credit history, loans, mortgages, property purchase, you name it) It has been a year waiting for my PR... My fantasy was to get my PR within 6 months so I can travel easier for my job or change my job plus had plans to travel for my friends weddings etc...! I have cancelled my entire life for now everything is on a limbo!
I hope you get it soon, but forget about your fantasy! It is possible that fantasy to turn into long waits, frustration and anxiety!!! It is a serious problem but please do a favor to yourself and be prepared. Specially with the current political situations the security checks may take forever.
Unfortunately, being Iranian has many flaws abroad and it is going to stick with us even when becoming citizens...

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
I am an inland applicant with 6 years of background in Canada (study, work, driving history, credit history, loans, mortgages, property purchase, you name it) It has been a year waiting for my PR... My fantasy was to get my PR within 6 months so I can travel easier for my job or change my job plus had plans to travel for my friends weddings etc...! I have cancelled my entire life for now everything is on a limbo!
I hope you get it soon, but forget about your fantasy! It is possible that fantasy to turn into long waits, frustration and anxiety!!! It is a serious problem but please do a favor to yourself and be prepared. Specially with the current political situations the security checks may take forever.
Unfortunately, being Iranian has many flaws abroad and it is going to stick with us even when becoming citizens...
Thanks, I understand, this is a very upsetting wait. The advantage for inland applicants is that they can move forward with BOWP till pr process is done, for outland folks there is nothing but waiting.

Last edited: