+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, that's what I mean.
You could also directly email the office, but I'm not sure if it would work any better. They may not even address your question. I would say first try CSE and/or calling IRCC.... @Mr_nobody?
@Diana1313 It takes some days for them to add your CSE to your application. Wait for some days and call them to see if they received it or not. You can alternatively raise another CSE. You can also email the Sydney office, but that is not necessary. In fact, all your documents as well as your communications with cic (CSE, etc.) will be put on Global Case Management System (GCMS). So, the call center and CSE agents can tell the last status of your application. You can email the visa office as well, but it is really not necessary. Also, since they haven't checked the completeness of your application, I don't think the Sydney office has opened your application at all.
In terms of rejection, they will not reject or approve your application unless they check all your documents (including the one you submitted through CSE).

Last edited:
Reactions: Diana1313 and aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank @Mr_nobody .Yeah, the due date was May 1st. I called IRCC, the ghost update was acutally my security pass.
I hope I get the PPR email or interview invitation soon.
I don't remeber which path was yours. Could you share the step-by-step procedure after receving PPR or invitation. I want to be prepared and take the steps as fast as possible when I get either of those two options. Cheers
So, if you receive PPR, you need to send you passport, alongside the ppr letter, a form for your address, and some photo ids to their office. Then it will take some days and they will send you COPR. With COPR, you have to go to do the landing. Now, either you can go to boarder or you can raise a CSE and ask for appointment for inland landing. After landing is done, your status is basically changes to PR. It still takes sometime for them to send you the PR card. However, before the PR card and using the COPR, you can get a new sin number, health card, etc.
Sometimes, instead of ppr, they will send a landing interview, which is much faster for you as you directly go to landing. There, they will check your passport, photo id, etc., and you don't have to wait for the passport to go back and forth.
See my timeline for all the details.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey @Mr_nobody :)

Yes, I forgot to upload the original PCCs.
Well, when it comes to R.10 completeness check, they don't give you a chance to correct your mistake. There may be some exceptions, though. When they refuse your application due to incompleteness, they let you know the reason.
What does PFL stand for?

@Diana1313 is lucky that they haven't touched her application. I recall that she was complaining why her medical hasn't been done yet. Medical check starts only if R.10 is done.
Procedural Fairness Letter, is a letter that they send to some applicants, explaining them why they were rejected and giving the last chance to correct it.
You are right, they don't do these for those cases that are not complete. non-complete cases are usually straight rejection. PFL is usually for cases that get rejected after several reviews by different officers

Reactions: aasaf

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Thanks. Nothing changed at all. It was a ghost update, so no change in my profile.
So what is your current status in profile? I mean what is written in front of your background check? Eligibility? All passed?

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
I think you should choose a VFS which is in turkey but I am not 100% confident about this because I have used the travel agencies for passport pickup and I did not consult a VFS in person. But I know that in my case, my passport was taken to a VFS in turkey.
Great thanks for your answer. Wish you best

Reactions: arash2002

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hey @Mr_nobody :)

Yes, I forgot to upload the original PCCs.
Well, when it comes to R.10 completeness check, they don't give you a chance to correct your mistake. There may be some exceptions, though. When they refuse your application due to incompleteness, they let you know the reason.
What does PFL stand for?

@Diana1313 is lucky that they haven't touched her application. I recall that she was complaining why her medical hasn't been done yet. Medical check starts only if R.10 is done.
I really hope we’re lucky !

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
@Diana1313 It takes some days for them to add your CSE to your application. Wait for some days and call them to see if they received it or not. You can alternatively raise another CSE. You can also email the Sydney office, but that is not necessary. In fact, all your documents as well as your communications with cic (CSE, etc.) will be put on Global Case Management System (GCMS). So, the call center and CSE agents can tell the last status of your application. You can email the visa office as well, but it is really not necessary. Also, since they haven't checked the completeness of your application, I don't think the Sydney office has opened your application at all.
In terms of rejection, they will not reject or approve your application unless they check all your documents (including the one you submitted through CSE).
Thanks for your support guys.
I was going crazy because I knew they didn’t touch our case, now I’m praying they don’t touch it till they get my CSE . Pretty ironic . Haha.

Dear Narges - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Feb 23, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality is in progress.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan and Feb for all but the youngest child. They will be requested at a later date.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Thanks for your support guys.
I was going crazy because I knew they didn’t touch our case, now I’m praying they don’t touch it till they get my CSE . Pretty ironic . Haha.

Dear Narges - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Feb 23, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality is in progress.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan and Feb for all but the youngest child. They will be requested at a later date.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan
hmmm, Sorry, but I'm really confused!
I suppose this email is about your application!? Then, doesn't "medicals are valid" mean that you already passed the medical exam?!
Criminality check is done based on your PCCs, I believe. "Criminality is in progress" means that they already accepted your PCCs.

AND the prerequisite for medicals and criminality check is that R.10 is done! Isn't it?! Really confused.

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
Hi fellows. As I said about 3 months ago, I finally passed the eligibility after 16 months! (AOR Oct 2017) and I was asked to provide Schedule A (most probably start of the background check). I did not call IRCC nor ordered GCMS notes to find out whether I've been sent for SS or not. Last week, I received a new request to do medical exams for me and my wife, which I have booked an appointment to do at the end of this week. This is kind of weird since we did initial medical exams in Sep 2017, and IRCC did not ask us to redo it in Sep 2018 when it expired, and it was mentioned that "You do not need medical exams at this moment" in the status bar. Even if they had extended it for one more year, it should've expired in Sep 2019 and they would've required new medical exams by then, not now that we are in April. Anybody's had or heard about similar incident?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi fellows. As I said about 3 months ago, I finally passed the eligibility after 16 months! (AOR Oct 2017) and I was asked to provide Schedule A (most probably start of the background check). I did not call IRCC nor ordered GCMS notes to find out whether I've been sent for SS or not. Last week, I received a new request to do medical exams for me and my wife, which I have booked an appointment to do at the end of this week. This is kind of weird since we did initial medical exams in Sep 2017, and IRCC did not ask us to redo it in Sep 2018 when it expired, and it was mentioned that "You do not need medical exams at this moment" in the status bar. Even if they had extended it for one more year, it should've expired in Sep 2019 and they would've required new medical exams by then, not now that we are in April. Anybody's had or heard about similar incident?
Salam
Some points:
1- Sch A is for security. Did you have any ghost update?
2- Remed is always a good sign. Usually they ask for re-medical when they are ready to send ppr. (otherwise, there is no point in remed over and over again). With your description, I am sure you are the same and you are gonna get your ppr soon as well. Maybe in a month.
3- You are right, sometimes they extend medical. It is decided by the officer.
4- Without your notes, it is hard to say what is the reason. It is possible that you were review required and your file was left untouched. TBH, it is a VERY VERY BAD decision not to order notes. You could have possibly saved several months of time.
Anyways, good to hear that your file is moving. Hope you get your ppr soon.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salam
Some points:
1- Sch A is for security. Did you have any ghost update?
2- Remed is always a good sign. Usually they ask for re-medical when they are ready to send ppr. (otherwise, there is no point in remed over and over again). With your description, I am sure you are the same and you are gonna get your ppr soon as well. Maybe in a month.
3- You are right, sometimes they extend medical. It is decided by the officer.
4- Without your notes, it is hard to say what is the reason. It is possible that you were review required and your file was left untouched. TBH, it is a VERY VERY BAD decision not to order notes. You could have possibly saved several months of time.
Anyways, good to hear that your file is moving. Hope you get your ppr soon.
Point #4 ro bayad ba abe tala nevesht :)

I'd like to add that every applicant should request their first notes in < 3 months after their AOR. I know several cases got rejected after +7 months just because the officer couldn't verify some of their documents (i.e., their cases were under review). So, it doesn't only save your time, but may also save your life.

@aliagha, you're a lucky man, if your case was under review. :) Congrats for passing the most important part, eligibility! :)

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
hmmm, Sorry, but I'm really confused!
I suppose this email is about your application!? Then, doesn't "medicals are valid" mean that you already passed the medical exam?!
Criminality check is done based on your PCCs, I believe. "Criminality is in progress" means that they already accepted your PCCs.

AND the prerequisite for medicals and criminality check is that R.10 is done! Isn't it?! Really confused.
Hi ! I received this reply yesterday, and I was confused as well because it’s different from what I could find out through my call to CIC. So what to do next?
I don’t really know at which stage my application is now. In my profile it has been noting that medicals are being reviewed for the past 16 days.
I guess There’s still not much I can do other than wait till Monday, call to see if my CSE and the uploaded PCC scans have been received and ask once more ask the status?

While asking status, what should I exactly ask?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi ! I received this reply yesterday, and I was confused as well because it’s different from what I could find out through my call to CIC. So what to do next?
I don’t really know at which stage my application is now. In my profile it has been noting that medicals are being reviewed for the past 16 days.
I guess There’s still not much I can do other than wait till Monday, call to see if my CSE and the uploaded PCC scans have been received and ask once more ask the status?

While asking status, what should I exactly ask?
I'm still confused. So, my text below may not be coherent. Sorry about that

These are the main steps that an application go through: R.10, medical, eligibility, criminality, and security.

As I already wrote, R.10 is supposed to be the first step. You've got 2 contradictary responses. One says that they haven't even touched your file. Another says that you've passed r.10 and criminality has started!

If your account shows that medical is in process, then your R.10 should be already done!

When you ask about the status, try to be more specific. That is, ask about medical, criminality, eligibility...

Btw, who is this Robyn Sullivan? an MP?

Reactions: Diana1313

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
@Mr_nobody and @aasaf Thank you very much guys for your heartwarming words. I also truly hope that after redoing the medical exams, PPR arrives very soon.
1- No I did not have any ghost update since they asked for Schedule A.
4- By not ordering notes, I did not mean that I never ordered one. I just didn't request for it after the beginning of the background check. I ordered the first notes in March 2018 (less than 6 months after AOR), and the second one in August. In both of them the status of eligibility was "review required" and background check "not started". As I said before, this review was for my first work experience for which I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (in Jan 2018) and the officer was in doubt that I had misrepresented it.

In fact, I made several follow-ups with IRCC, IPC-Ottawa, MP, Ralph Goodale, and even Ahmed Hussein (Minister of immigration), and none of them ever provided a satisfying answer why my file has taken this long. I believe everything is in officers' hands and no one, not even Justin Trudeau can ask the officers why you leave some cases untouched for a long time and force them to expedite the process.

Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
@Mr_nobody and @aasaf Thank you very much guys for your heartwarming words. I also truly hope that after redoing the medical exams, PPR arrives very soon.
1- No I did not have any ghost update since they asked for Schedule A.
4- By not ordering notes, I did not mean that I never ordered one. I just didn't request for it after the beginning of the background check. I ordered the first notes in March 2018 (less than 6 months after AOR), and the second one in August. In both of them the status of eligibility was "review required" and background check "not started". As I said before, this review was for my first work experience for which I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (in Jan 2018) and the officer was in doubt that I had misrepresented it.

In fact, I made several follow-ups with IRCC, IPC-Ottawa, MP, Ralph Goodale, and even Ahmed Hussein (Minister of immigration), and none of them ever provided a satisfying answer why my file has taken this long. I believe everything is in officers' hands and no one, not even Justin Trudeau can ask the officers why you leave some cases untouched for a long time and force them to expedite the process.
Sorry to hear that :(
You should be relieved now :)
I hope you get your ppr soon.

Cheers