+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I'm still confused. So, my text below may not be coherent. Sorry about that

These are the main steps that an application go through: R.10, medical, eligibility, criminality, and security.

As I already wrote, R.10 is supposed to be the first step. You've got 2 contradictary responses. One says that they haven't even touched your file. Another says that you've passed r.10 and criminality has started!

If your account shows that medical is in process, then your R.10 should be already done!

When you ask about the status, try to be more specific. That is, ask about medical, criminality, eligibility...

Btw, who is this Robyn Sullivan? an MP?
I precisely asked when I called. But the agent said that R10 isn’t complete, criminality has started and medicals are being double checked ! Eligibility and security haven’t started. We need to give Biometrics and haven’t been invited to give those also, don’t they need Bios for criminality?? So confusing

Sullivan is Goodale’s secretary

Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I am definitely ordering notes once I hit the 90 day post AOR mark. Because I would really like to know what’s been happening

Reactions: aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I precisely asked when I called. But the agent said that R10 isn’t complete, criminality has started and medicals are being double checked ! Eligibility and security haven’t started. We need to give Biometrics and haven’t been invited to give those also, don’t they need Bios for criminality?? So confusing

Sullivan is Goodale’s secretary
A very simple theory is that the secretary did a mistake...

Reactions: Mr_nobody

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Thanks mate. Yes, the ghost update was for security pass.
Could you also share the procedure of post-PPR with me. I don't remeber it was PPR email or interview for you. In either case could you provide the detailed information here, I want to be fully prepeared and save some time if possible. Thanks.
Dear Amir,
I would be grateful if you share you profile status,
What is written in front of your background check? And eligibility check? They are written passed?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody and @aasaf Thank you very much guys for your heartwarming words. I also truly hope that after redoing the medical exams, PPR arrives very soon.
1- No I did not have any ghost update since they asked for Schedule A.
4- By not ordering notes, I did not mean that I never ordered one. I just didn't request for it after the beginning of the background check. I ordered the first notes in March 2018 (less than 6 months after AOR), and the second one in August. In both of them the status of eligibility was "review required" and background check "not started". As I said before, this review was for my first work experience for which I received a Procedural Fairness Letter (in Jan 2018) and the officer was in doubt that I had misrepresented it.

In fact, I made several follow-ups with IRCC, IPC-Ottawa, MP, Ralph Goodale, and even Ahmed Hussein (Minister of immigration), and none of them ever provided a satisfying answer why my file has taken this long. I believe everything is in officers' hands and no one, not even Justin Trudeau can ask the officers why you leave some cases untouched for a long time and force them to expedite the process.
The only thing that can help RR is to upload new docs supporting your claims. I agree with @aasaf. You were lucky that they provided PFL. Sometimes, the officer rejects and does not give a second chance. That is why I also believe that after 3-4 months of aor, we need to get a set of notes and make sure that everything is in order. If RR, we need to quickly raise another CSE and include more docs. I don't know, did them mention in your notes why it is RR? Did you include anymore docs afterwards?

For the part of expediting, I agree no one can push them except if you have an order from the court. The other problem is that wen your file goes to the RR, your case basically goes out of the usual route. That is why your file is left untouched for a long time. They also run several reviews by several senior case analysts and officers to make sure that everything follows the law. All these take lots of time.

Now, all said, with your description, it seems that you finally passed eligibility, am I right? For criminality and security, there is nothing to do other than waiting. I still believe that all of them is almost done for you and they are ready to finalize the case. You can always call them and ask

Reactions: aliagha

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Amir,
What is written in front of your background check? And eligibility check? They are written passed?
The status of the application will not change until you receive COPR. Even if you receive ppr, checking passport is part of checking the eligibility. Only Copr changes it

Reactions: canadalover2018

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
The status of the application will not change until you receive COPR. Even if you receive ppr, checking passport is part of checking the eligibility. Only Copr changes it
Even the background check would not change? After the ghost update I just noticed that my additional document after 13 months changed to NA! So the ghost was for that?

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
No, it won't. Yes ADR stays NA. For me it is even NA now, after everything is finished!
So bad!!!! I was getting hope that may mine are finished! I still do not know if they started my security or no! Canada says it is out of Canada! Paris does not answer! Their phone system is also automated and no info for Visa!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
So bad!!!! I was getting hope that may mine are finished! I still do not know if they started my security or no! Canada says it is out of Canada! Paris does not answer! Their phone system is also automated and no info for Visa!
For you, I think the only help is to order notes.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
For you, I think the only help is to order notes.
It is less than one month I ordered GCMS! Also I ordered CBSA, but they answered after 30 days that they need another 30 day!

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Dear Amir,
Sorry for late reply.
Same as what I have had since December 18.
Eligibility: We are reviewing....
Medical: Pass.
Additional Document: Not Applicable.
Interview: You don't need...
Biometrics: You don't need...
Background Check: We are processing your background check...

Last edited:

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Sorry for late reply.
Same as what I have had since December 18.
Eligibility: We reviewing....
Medical: Pass.
Additional Document: Not Applicable.
Interview: You don't need...
Biometrics: You don't need...
Background Check: We are processing your background check...
Thanks for your reply. You did me great favor! Mine just change to NA! So I should wait long time to hear something!

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
So, if you receive PPR, you need to send you passport, alongside the ppr letter, a form for your address, and some photo ids to their office. Then it will take some days and they will send you COPR. With COPR, you have to go to do the landing. Now, either you can go to boarder or you can raise a CSE and ask for appointment for inland landing. After landing is done, your status is basically changes to PR. It still takes sometime for them to send you the PR card. However, before the PR card and using the COPR, you can get a new sin number, health card, etc.
Sometimes, instead of ppr, they will send a landing interview, which is much faster for you as you directly go to landing. There, they will check your passport, photo id, etc., and you don't have to wait for the passport to go back and forth.
See my timeline for all the details.
Thanks for the info. I have not received either of those two yet. Hopefully it happens this week.