+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I need to share with you my experience regarding WP and Ohip, my WP expired Jan 1th also OHIP card, I did apply to extend my WP last September but my WP expired Jan before receiving extended WP. I went service Ontario and I told them I have applied for PR and I showed them my application receipt then they renewed my OHIP for one more year. In that time I haven't had any valid visa.

After a month I got my new WP and they refund all money that I paid for extending that.
Thanks for sharing this @Kevin Kav . I didn't know you can get ohip while on implied status. What kind of charge they refund you? Were they for OHIP itself, or were they the costs that you paid for doctor in that period of time?

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Thanks for sharing this @Kevin Kav . I didn't know you can get ohip while on implied status. What kind of charge they refund you? Were they for OHIP itself, or were they the costs that you paid for doctor in that period of time?
Not Ohip, I don't think Ohip has cost. I did apply to extend open WP for myself, student visa for my kids and visitor visa for my wife. I payed around $1,150 for all, after finishing process they refund me $500 so I just payed $615 to extend all.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Not Ohip, I don't think Ohip has cost. I did apply to extend open WP for myself, student visa for my kids and visitor visa for my wife. I payed around $1,150 for all, after finishing process they refund me $500 so I just payed $615 to extend all.
Interesting. Who refunded you? Can you share, maybe others can use the same rule and get refunded for their applications

Farfass

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
ADR in November
AOR Received.
17 July 2018
Med's Done....
4 August 2018
yeah. Congratulations again. It is so refreshing seeing someone gets ppr. It definitely brings a ray of hope for us who are waiting :)
Thanks. It will come when you least expect it. I wish you all the best.

Reactions: aasaf and Mr_nobody

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
doesn't make sense to me that CIC refund the visa fee because of having OHIP! Double Check your CRA My account to see the reason for the refund.

Reactions: Mr_nobody