+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salaam guys

I have some questions for those who already applied for BOWP:

1. YES or NO: "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? "
2. Can I also apply for my wife's work permit with my application?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Salaam guys

I have some questions for those who already applied for BOWP:

1. YES or NO: "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? "
2. Can I also apply for my wife's work permit with my application?
Salam,
1) Yes
I had the same issue with this question and it is very confusing. If you choose "No", then the tool will not offer you the option for BOWP. I also called cic and asked them. Apparently, for sponsorship applicants, they send them a letter called approved in principle (AIP), which basically means the applicant passed the eligibility, but s/he is waiting for criminality ans security. But, they don't send this letter to express entry applicants. However, as long as you passed the eligibility in your GCMS notes, that should be fine. See this link as well:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp
2) I don't know. Logically, it should be the same as your PGWP, shouldn't it? I think thety will issue open work permit to the spouse of the permit holder (study or work permit) in general. I am not sure though!

Reactions: soheilhs and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salam,
1) Yes
I had the same issue with this question and it is very confusing. If you choose "No", then the tool will not offer you the option for BOWP. I also called cic and asked them. Apparently, for sponsorship applicants, they send them a letter called approved in principle (AIP), which basically means the applicant passed the eligibility, but s/he is waiting for criminality ans security. But, they don't send this letter to express entry applicants. However, as long as you passed the eligibility in your GCMS notes, that should be fine. See this link as well:
2) I don't know. Logically, it should be the same as your PGWP, shouldn't it? I think thety will issue open work permit to the spouse of the permit holder (study or work permit) in general. I am not sure though!
Thanks, my friend..
I think that you have spent quite some time on all these things, and now you are an expert :) Good for you, and lucky us!

As for the second question, I see that, logically, the answer should be YES. Another reason is that your dependent's permit is valid until your permit's expiry date. So, if you wait to get your new permit and then apply for your dependent's one, your dependent may illegally stay in Canada for a while.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks, my friend..
I think that you have spent quite some time on all these things, and now you are an expert :) Good for you, and lucky us!

As for the second question, I see that, logically, the answer should be YES. Another reason is that your dependent's permit is valid until your permit's expiry date. So, if you wait to get your new permit and then apply for your dependent's one, your dependent may illegally stay in Canada for a while.
Thanks for the complement. That is what happens when CIC drags on with the processing of the applications and I don't have better things to do :D

Reactions: aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I am also at the same boat. Applied on Feb 2017. Asked for CV on September 2018. I have received my notes and got surprised that they started my security screening on Dec 2018( after 22 months!!!!!!!!!) . With this event I should wait at least for the 3rd year. As much as I know, they perform security screening for all Iranian applicants so I think spending time to carry out that an applicant will go through security screening does not make sense. We should take some actions!!!! At least for inland Quebec skilled workers.,the situation for Iranians is quite difficult. Last year the processing time for Iranian applicants was 24 months and now we see 3 years and more ahead.
How about the processing time for applicants from other countries? Do you know how long it usually takes?

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Salam,
1) Yes
Is there any way to get an "approved in principal" letter for Express Entry applications that are already passed Eligibility and Criminality and just waiting for Security Screening?

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Is there any way to get an "approved in principal" letter for Express Entry applications that are already passed Eligibility and Criminality and just waiting for Security Screening?
No they don't give you that letter, but apparently if you give them your UCI number, they can take out your application and get it by themselves. You should also send them the confirmation of the application for PR.

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
No they don't give you that letter, but apparently if you give them your UCI number, they can take out your application and get it by themselves. You should also send them the confirmation of the application for PR.
I am student right now. Used to be students by providing AOR letter could receive PR and citizens benefits. But now they are asking for a letter that application is approved in principals and just waiting for the final approval.

I am being charged 3 times that I should be.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Got an ghost update 40 days after ip2. I think its triggered with my criminality passed as they were working on it since last month and also asked me an updated PCC. does it make sentence or there is chance of something else ? I haven't been asked any ADR as of today.

Last edited:

mehdiattari

Jun 13, 2018
Iran
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-07-2018
Don't worry my friend. Given other Persian applicants, it is not something unexpected. We are all in the same boat. I know it is hard to be in the limbo, but there is nothing we can do about it.
One of the problems is that Persians are not united! Last year, there were some movements to make CIC hears our voice. Applicants create the #DelayedIranianApplicants on Twitter and Facebook. They arranged demonstration in front of Parliament of Canada. The topic was even discussed in Parliament as well. These actions had some impact and many cases that were left untouched for several months moved forward and finalized by CIC.
However, all these were from a small group of Persians and the majority of people didn't bother participating or helping in any way whatsoever. The people who also arranged the movement left the group one by one after they got their own PR.
You can even tell from this forum. I sent the link to many people on immitracker to see what we can do, but they all ignored as though I am gathering everyone for my own benefit and as if I am going to misuse their info in some mysterious way!
yeah, unfortunately, this is one of the biggest problems with regards to Iranian community in many issues.

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I am student right now. Used to be students by providing AOR letter could receive PR and citizens benefits. But now they are asking for a letter that application is approved in principals and just waiting for the final approval.

I am being charged 3 times that I should be.
That's really odd. You mean they used to charge PR applicants same as PRs and Canadians with only having AOR in your hand?!
And how do you get such letter (approval of application in principals) to use this benefit?