+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
We did give biometrics last year for a multiple visitors visa for Canada, but we have to repeat them and I know it’s a must, almost everyone before and after our AOR have gotten their MEP and BIL

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I spoke with an agent and they confirmed that the security check was started on April 1st.
I think it is going to be long... Sooooo frustrating after 8 months of waiting the security check just started.
Yes I told you! Anyways, try to relax and enjoy your time. We are not here to give false hopes, rather help each other take this long time easily and if we have some info, share it with others.

There is a tiny little bit of hope that the person meant regular security, but most probably it is SS like the rest of us. The good point though is that recently they finalize SS in 4-5 months (at least it was the case for me, @aasaf, and @soheilhs). Hope yours gets finalized soon as well.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
You are really in better position than me! After 13 month not only security not started but just moved to another visa office! Have you had any ghost update when your security got started?
I think anyone who has ADR receives a ghost update indicating that the officer reviewed that.
Maybe your also started. Only notes can tell

Reactions: canadalover2018

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
I think anyone who has ADR receives a ghost update indicating that the officer reviewed that.
Maybe your also started. Only notes can tell
13 months after ADR just reviewed additional documents! Well done! With new office! Means I should wait 1 year!!!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I’m going crazy as well, my AOR is Feb 23 and after 62 days, I haven’t been invited for Biometrics yet, are medicals are “ we are reviewing “ for 14 days now. I have no idea what’s going on
Diana, please put your timeline in your signature so others can use the info and help you.
If you are applying from Iran, medicals might take longer than inland applicants.
We did give biometrics last year for a multiple visitors visa for Canada, but we have to repeat them and I know it’s a must, almost everyone before and after our AOR have gotten their MEP and BIL
How do you know that? As far as I know biometrics are valid for 10 years and you don't have to do it multiple times as they stay the same in those years. Are you sure about that?
For medicals, some times there is something wrong with the test (the tubes wre dirty, the facilities didn't work properly, etc.), they sometimes ask to redo it. Also, a question, did you do upfront MEP or is the hospital responsible for sending them? Are you sure the hospital has sent the results properly?

Reactions: earlybird2019

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
How do you know that? As far as I know biometrics are valid for 10 years and you don't have to do it multiple times as they stay the same in those years. Are you sure about that?
people applying for PR, regardless of their valid biometrc which was taken for Temporary visas have to give new biometric.

the old biometric is still valid for any visas except PR visa. this applied since 2018 Summer I think. there however maybe some exception for whom currently in Canada.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
people applying for PR, regardless of their valid biometrc which was taken for Temporary visas have to give new biometric.

the old biometric is still valid for any visas except PR visa. this applied since 2018 Summer I think. there however maybe some exception for whom currently in Canada.
Oh I see. Thank you very much Soheil. I didn't know that.
It is so stupid though. The finger print won't change in a year. Why do they want it again?!!!

even though I applied before this new biometric rule, I saw they added the biometric that I did 5-6 years ago to my application! I thought they are gonna do the same!

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Oh I see. Thank you very much Soheil. I didn't know that.
It is so stupid though. The finger print won't change in a year. Why do they want it again?!!!

even though I applied before this new biometric rule, I saw they added the biometric that I did 5-6 years ago to my application! I thought they are gonna do the same!
@soheilhs @Mr_nobody , I beg to differ, if someone got biometric under any visa and apply for PR and using the same UCI, biometric will be transferred to PR application, this normally happens upon medical approval, this happens to me and my wife. again this means that your previous visas should not be paper based and you are using the same UCI upon applying PR.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@soheilhs @Mr_nobody , I beg to differ, if someone got biometric under any visa and apply for PR and using the same UCI, biometric will be transferred to PR application, this normally happens upon medical approval, this happens to me and my wife. again this means that your previous visas should not be paper based and you are using the same UCI upon applying PR.
You differ with which one of us?! Soehil was already against my idea :D
Anyways, What you just said makes more sense to me and this is what I was saying originally. However, I am not sure. If I get a chance I will search about it

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Diana, please put your timeline in your signature so others can use the info and help you.
If you are applying from Iran, medicals might take longer than inland applicants.

For medicals, some times there is something wrong with the test (the tubes wre dirty, the facilities didn't work properly, etc.), they sometimes ask to redo it. Also, a question, did you do upfront MEP or is the hospital responsible for sending them? Are you sure the hospital has sent the results properly?

So this is my immitracker timeline

FSW-O (Iran)
ITA Jan 2019
AOR Feb 23 2019
I’m main applicant with my husband and two kids under 14
April 11 medicals went from we don’t need any to we are reviewing you results ( we did them upfront and they were sent to IRCC after two days which I’m sure of because I got the e-medical completed form emailed to me)
I got a ghost update one day after and that’s it. Also my biometric info from last year is reflected in my account. But Since 2019 every PR applicant, regardless of previous biometrics, needs to undergo fingerprinting again. I’ll share the source below

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018

So this is my immitracker timeline

FSW-O (Iran)
ITA Jan 2019
AOR Feb 23 2019
I’m main applicant with my husband and two kids under 14
April 11 medicals went from we don’t need any to we are reviewing you results ( we did them upfront and they were sent to IRCC after two days which I’m sure of because I got the e-medical completed form emailed to me)
I got a ghost update one day after and that’s it. Also my biometric info from last year is reflected in my account. But Since 2019 every PR applicant, regardless of previous biometrics, needs to undergo fingerprinting again. I’ll share the source below
Good luck in the race

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I also called my panel physician last week, he confirmed all was well and that he hasn’t heard back from CIC and no additional tests or any redo was requested