+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
I will have about 2hour and 20 minutes layover in Montreal. Do you think that would be enough for going through landing formalities?
With covid19 limitations and restrictions, it's a bit worrying me because CIC website says after you land in Canada by air you have to go directly to your place of self isolation without any stop, preferably with your own vehicle (not any public transport). It's not mentioned anywhere what if one has a connecting flight inside Canada to their final destination.
They ask travelers to wear some kind of facemask for the duration of their trip. I feel 2 hours is ok, but it won't hurt to check with your airline if they would give you the next flight with minimal fee (just in case).

Edits: I recall CBSA office had a phone that people were calling for general questions on customs, you may wanna call and check with them if they are happy with your travel plan for going to self-isolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadima

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thanks for your reply.
I will have about 2hour and 20 minutes layover in Montreal. Do you think that would be enough for going through landing formalities?
With covid19 limitations and restrictions, it's a bit worrying me because CIC website says after you land in Canada by air you have to go directly to your place of self isolation without any stop, preferably with your own vehicle (not any public transport). It's not mentioned anywhere what if one has a connecting flight inside Canada to their final destination.
Hi @Shadima, it would be a shorter flight and the process would be easier if you fly directly to Toronto.

Reactions: Shadima

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear all,

I have got a ghost update today after being under security about 5 months? Does that mean that PPR is coming soon?

In total, this is the 4th ghost update I received since my AOR? Please share your experience what this could mean? Thank you.

zdelta

Nov 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have applied for sponsorship of my wife in May 2019.
I applied at 21 May 2019 and in 22nd of August the sponsorship approved. In 27th of the same month the case sent to Ankara office and we are still waiting for an update during this pandemic
I have a couple of questions and some tips about the case to consult
1- does asking an electronic note of our case pause the processing?
2- in the note it is mentioned her security check has not started yet but in profile the background check is in processing status still! What does this mean?
3- we requested an electronic note in February and after that I requested our MP to get some update of the case recently. In both of them the security check is not initiated!
4- before Ankara visa office putting every thing on hold, they asked us to send some additional information and that was the last update
Do you have any clue what is going on with the case? I tried every leverage to ask federal and provincial governments to expedite the process but apparently it is all like talking to a dead phone
I appreciate your kind support and suggestions
Thank you

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Dear all,

I have got a ghost update today after being under security about 5 months? Does that mean that PPR is coming soon?

In total, this is the 4th ghost update I received since my AOR? Please share your experience what this could mean? Thank you.
Hi @Amy2000_2019, It's more likely PPR or less likely ADR, you will find out shortly in a few days. Anyways it shows your file is moving which is a good sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy2000_2019

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
They ask travelers to wear some kind of facemask for the duration of their trip. I feel 2 hours is ok, but it won't hurt to check with your airline if they would give you the next flight with minimal fee (just in case).

Edits: I recall CBSA office had a phone that people were calling for general questions on customs, you may wanna call and check with them if they are happy with your travel plan for going to self-isolation.
Thanks for your reply. We decided to go with the direct flight to Toronto.

@Amy2000_2019 we were under the security screening for 5-6 months too. Hope you'll a hear a good news soon.

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi @Amy2000_2019,

Short Answer: a few days. If it was for PPR or even ADR you should have found out by now. Have you tried to contact them to ask specifically?
Thank you so much. Yes. I did contact them by webmail 2 days ago and not yet received any reply. By the way, I am almost sure it will not be due to ADR, because my ADR changed to NOT applicable since 5 months ago which was the start of SS (It was actually after I submitted all additional documents). I am hoping the golden message comes soon. 2 weeks has passed from GU and yet nothing!

Reactions: earlybird2019

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Thank you so much. Yes. I did contact them by webmail 2 days ago and not yet received any reply. By the way, I am almost sure it will not be due to ADR, because my ADR changed to NOT applicable since 5 months ago which was the start of SS (It was actually after I submitted all additional documents). I am hoping the golden message comes soon. 2 weeks has passed from GU and yet nothing!
Are you an inland applicant? if yes maybe they are trying to schedule a landing appointment which will take some time. I recall some of the inland folks got landing email instead of usual PPR. Anyway congratulation :)

Reactions: Amy2000_2019

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Just wanted to Update you guys that my PPR is not yet ready. Even though my process takes about a year and I have passed everything, yet the PPR has not come yet. It looks weird. I have got more than 5 GU during a year and I wonder what the officer is waiting for.?! I am CEC inland.