+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after Private College

Diya Sharma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019
Do anyone know about fitness and health promotion program in durham college???

How much is the visa success rate?
Scope?? I will get a postgraduation work permit or not??

brunorv

Oct 30, 2019
Hello guys,

Here is my situation. I have a very good proposal to study in Toronto (Toronto School of Management) one year and a half diploma. This school is private, therefore is NOT eligible for PWGP. However, my plan is to take the "pathway" they offer to continue with bachelor degree in Yorkville university. This university is private as well but based on the DLI, PWGP is elegible if I graduate from Bachelor of Business Administration (Project Management).

After reading most of the comments in here, I'm not sure if it's good idea to continue with this plan as these two schools are private. I would like to work post graduation and if possible get the permanent residence.

Thanks!

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@russ6970
@Bs65

Could you answer this question?
What if a private institute that was allowed to confer degrees eventually shut down it's operations. Would the students of that college be able to claim additional points for Canadian education in Express Entry? (If they didn't shut down , then the students would definitely be able to as it was allowed to confer degrees by provincial government)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@russ6970
@Bs65

Could you answer this question?
What if a private institute that was allowed to confer degrees eventually shut down it's operations. Would the students of that college be able to claim additional points for Canadian education in Express Entry? (If they didn't shut down , then the students would definitely be able to as it was allowed to confer degrees by provincial government)
That is a rare situations. Would likely depend on if they were close to graduation. Many would be told to transfer to another school.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
That is a rare situations. Would likely depend on if they were close to graduation. Many would be told to transfer to another school.
Hi @canuck78
What if students graduated with a degree and the college shut down later? Would the candidate receive Canadian Education points?
Thanks