+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after Private College

jotsingh123

Apr 18, 2018
i want to study In canada and i need some information regarding work permit as if a. person studing in a private college which don’t give workpermit and after completing 1 year course. want to study more in public college with a study of 2 years to study in public college ? is this possible ?

jotsingh123

Apr 18, 2018
yes u can first study in private college and then do 2 years course from public and get work permit but thats just waste of ur time and money on private college. why would u want to study in private college there is no point?
The point i want to discuss that studing in private college 1 year will allow to get PR Faster

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The point i want to discuss that studing in private college 1 year will allow to get PR Faster
No why would you think that studying in a private college accelerates a PR application given does not even qualify for a PGWP so therefore no opportunity to gain Canadian work experience for a start. Always recommended to attend a public college preferably for 2 years to qualify for a 3 year PGWP to get the all important work experience.

jotsingh123

Apr 18, 2018
No why would you think that studying in a private college accelerates a PR application given does not even qualify for a PGWP so therefore no opportunity to gain Canadian work experience for a start. Always recommended to attend a public college preferably for 2 years to qualify for a 3 year PGWP to get the all important work experience.
Ohhh i see Thankyew so Much I will come back if i have any confusion regarding this... I really apperciate

Apr 26, 2018
hi i got canada 2 year visa.My college name is WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE SURREY BC.but my college is private and am not confirm that this eligable to PGWP.i have 2 year course is this possible if i study here one year and atfer that can transfer to any public college.Also i will alot of try to admission any public collage but in PTE speking medoule score 35 only and over 51.so alot colleges not accept this profile so what i do ?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
if you have not started your course and want a PGWP, I suggest applying for 2 year courses in a public college.

Apr 26, 2018
but english requriement is not enough for the admission any public college or on other option first admission in ESL After that start study

My PTE score 51 over all
Reading= 54
Writing =57
Listening=52
Speking =35

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Well if you want PREP you have to improve your English. That is why the CIC don't give them if you are in a private college. The entry requirements are not as strict therefore the standard if education is not as good

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
No problem. Just remember you are going to a mainly English speaking country. Not only will improving your language skills help you get into a public college, it will help you integrate into Canadian life much better

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I can't help you decide what college or course you want. You have to research other colleges in the province you want to go to

Gill Raman

May 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am going to start my 3 year study in a private college which is pacific link college in surrey. So can i get work permit after completing my studies or i need to switch to a public college after 1 year and would i get a 3 year work permit after attending my remaining 2 years of study in a public college. Please reply fast as soon as you see this, please anyone.