+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

I have received my PPR email DEC 24 2020. My PPR items package arrived in Ottawa DEC 29 2020.

- I was wondering what is the average amount of time it is taking in OTTAWA center to send COPR docs?
- Also, how will I know if my application has been approved (I don't see in my express entry portal) and COPR documents are sent? Is it only by the return tracker when activated or can I call IRCC and check?

Thank you :)

SonuJ

May 28, 2019
Am in same boat. My passport was received in Ottawa on 14th Jan, 2021. Still waiting to hear anything on that.

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Am in same boat. My passport was received in Ottawa on 14th Jan, 2021. Still waiting to hear anything on that.
Hi, Have you happen to reach IRCC? Did they atleast confirm the passports are delivered/ at location?

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Hi all, I recently got my PPR and my package got delivered to Ottawa today via FedEx. However, on the proof of delivery, the delivery location is at a different address in Ottawa!! FedEx told me that due to Covid, a lot of packages can't go directly to the recipient's address in Canada and the recipient asks for a third-party delivery location! does anybody have the same experience?!! I'm really worried about having my passport be delivered to a random place!! I sent my package from the US btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Going2Can

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi all, I recently got my PPR and my package got delivered to Ottawa today via FedEx. However, on the proof of delivery, the delivery location is at a different address in Ottawa!! FedEx told me that due to Covid, a lot of packages can't go directly to the recipient's address in Canada and the recipient asks for a third-party delivery location! does anybody have the same experience?!! I'm really worried about having my passport be delivered to a random place!! I sent my package from the US btw.
Hi, May I know which address you have mentioned and which address they have delivered too?

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Hi, May I know which address you have mentioned and which address they have delivered too?
The address I sent to per PPR:
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

The delivery location:
2303 Stevenage Dr, Ottawa, ON K1G 3W1, Canada!

I checked w/ FedEx again and they said the third party delivery (due to Covid) happens to ground shipments! when I was sending my package, the ground shipment was the fastest delivery option by FedEx at that time! :/

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

The delivery location:

I checked w/ FedEx again and they said the third party delivery (due to Covid) happens to ground shipments! when I was sending my package, the ground shipment was the fastest delivery option by FedEx at that time! :/
Thank you for the information. This are some conversations on the same subject I found online. I hope it helps! Seems like others have faced the same issue but got their passports back safely. Due to the extensive number of mails delivered to same location this approach (3rd party delivery) was done earlier. You can find the detailed scenarios below.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fedex-delivered-to-2303-stevenage-ottawa-on-k1g5b3.554353/
https://community.movnorth.com/t/clarity-needed-for-where-to-send-passports-to/1041/41
You can also raise a webform/call IRCC/email: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca detailing your situation to double check.

Last edited:

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Thank you for the information. This are some conversations on the same subject I found online. I hope it helps!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fedex-delivered-to-2303-stevenage-ottawa-on-k1g5b3.554353/
https://community.movnorth.com/t/clarity-needed-for-where-to-send-passports-to/1041/41
You can also raise a webform/call IRCC/email: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca explaining your situation.

I hope your situation resolves soon.
Ah, what a relief! thank you so much for sharing!!! gave me a good panic for the last 2-3 hours! and really not sure why FedEx told me this happened due to Covid!

jagni

Jun 20, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

The delivery location:

Hi, did you hear from Ottawa VO that your package is safe? Any acknowledgement of the receipt of your passports?

AG-PPR2020

Jan 25, 2021
US
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
07-12-2020
Med's Done....
16-12-2020
Passport Req..
14-01-2021
Hi, did you hear from Ottawa VO that your package is safe? Any acknowledgement of the receipt of your passports?
I wrote to the email provided on the PPR letter when I saw the delivery address and the agent confirmed that there is no issue with it. I didn't receive any acknowledgement of receipt but this past Wednesday (23 days after the package delivery date) I got an email requesting a new set of photos -which means that my passport package is delivered and safe with them. (for some reason they didn't accept the photos I sent in my passport package even though the photographer knew and followed their standards -they said something about the background not being white enough!! :confused:)

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hello Guys,

We received PPR request two week ago. The applicant is in India and filled the passport submission form using link provided on vfs india website. Its mentioned that they reply within 2 business days, but its been 8 business days since the passport submission form was filled. Do you know how long its taking them these days to send the response and further information on what to do next? Our main worry is that PPR says passport has to be submitted within 25 days of receiving PPR and vfs radio silence has already wasted 2 weeks.

Murecious

Jun 16, 2021
Hi I submitted my passport and other documents as requested through vfs office in Nigeria to ghana ircc office and I have received a mail that its been received by vfs office in ghana and is forwarded to Canada ircc office for the past 3weeks up till now no further mail have been sent to me can someone help me on the timeframe for ppr to copr in ghana ircc office

Reactions: manku_patel