+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR timeline

Harry000

May 18, 2019
Could anyone help with the current timeline for PPR to COPR process? My details are as below:

Ready for Visa mail - May 9, 2019
Submitted passport with VFS Chennai - May 10, 2019

Current status:

Visa application, tracking ID No.******************** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2019/05/13

At the time of passport submission, when I checked with VFS officer, they mentioned, you should be receiving the passport in 7-10 days time. When I checked with VFS thru "Chat with us" option yesterday, they provided the below answer:
"....your visa application is under process with the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi. The minimum processing time for a Package Transmission is 10 calendar days from the date your applications received by the Canadian High Commission..."

Could anyone help me with the realistic timeline for PPR to COPR?

Reactions: Garth 117

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
In both cases you've been told it takes at least ten days. Your passport has been processing for less than ten days.

Is there something that VFS is telling you that you don't believe?

Reactions: g.isid

djmehta33

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Could anyone help with the current timeline for PPR to COPR process? My details are as below:

Ready for Visa mail - May 9, 2019
Submitted passport with VFS Chennai - May 10, 2019

Current status:

Visa application, tracking ID No.******************** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2019/05/13

At the time of passport submission, when I checked with VFS officer, they mentioned, you should be receiving the passport in 7-10 days time. When I checked with VFS thru "Chat with us" option yesterday, they provided the below answer:
"....your visa application is under process with the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi. The minimum processing time for a Package Transmission is 10 calendar days from the date your applications received by the Canadian High Commission..."

Could anyone help me with the realistic timeline for PPR to COPR?
Hello there,

I hope you might have received the Passports and CoPR by now as per their information. Please share your updates.

FAYZAN ALI

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Hello there,

I hope you might have received the Passports and CoPR by now as per their information. Please share your updates.
Hi there,
It is very unfortunate to see that Visa Offices are taking too much time to process things.
I got my PPR on 23rd May.
Sent the Passport on 23rd May.
What time can I expect the passport back?

djmehta33

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi there,
It is very unfortunate to see that Visa Offices are taking too much time to process things.
Hi,

You must receive your passports before the end of this week or max by Monday I assume. Visa offices are taking time as they are stamping visas for all the other categories as well. Don't worry and stay positive, you will get your visa soon. Good luck.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi there,
I have seen it take between three days and a month for passports to be returned. Hopefully yours will be fast.

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Usually it is about 1 week for CIC to approve your passport, then 1 more week for sending it back to you. However it can take up to more than 1 month for about 20% of the applicants from what I have seen on this forum. Personally it took me 1.5 months to get back my passport (there was no complication, just that CIC is slow sometime)

FAYZAN ALI

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Usually it is about 1 week for CIC to approve your passport, then 1 more week for sending it back to you. However it can take up to more than 1 month for about 20% of the applicants from what I have seen on this forum. Personally it took me 1.5 months to get back my passport (there was no complication, just that CIC is slow sometime)
I was going to book my tickets for this Friday.

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the info. I feel better knowing it can take about a week (at least) for the passport to be returned. I am also waiting for the return of my passport. But it's only been one business day since my application was approved and finalized (just last Friday). I check for the activation of my tracking number constantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: linsa

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
I have an update... my return tracking number got activated last night (June 3rd), and as of this morning, the package is already in my city, so I should get the package later today if there are no other issues.

My application was finalized and approved last Friday, May 31st. Full timeline below.

Reactions: vdmello

Kemkeneya

Oct 15, 2016
I got the email on May 29th to submit me and my daughter passports. Sent them on the same day via Xpresspost with Canada post, they didn't delivered in until June 4th and no update since. Can someone give me an idea of the turn around time. Btw I am currently in Canada and I applied through the provincial nominee program. My thing is I forgot to take out our permits..

postdoc_fellow1008

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
I got the email on May 29th to submit me and my daughter passports. Sent them on the same day via Xpresspost with Canada post, they didn't delivered in until June 4th and no update since. Can someone give me an idea of the turn around time. Btw I am currently in Canada and I applied through the provincial nominee program. My thing is I forgot to take out our permits..
Around 7-10 days ideally to finalize your application on their end and to put the visa on your passport (but your case specifically might take longer since there are two passports to process). Then wait for the tracking number of your return envelope to get activated. Upon activation, give another couple days for delivery.

Reactions: Nao4luv

Kemkeneya

Oct 15, 2016
Around 7-10 days ideally to finalize your application on their end and to put the visa on your passport (but your case specifically might take longer since there are two passports to process). Then wait for the tracking number of your return envelope to get activated. Upon activation, give another couple days for delivery.
Thanks..I just don't have any permits

Reactions: chizoboi