+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
PPR: November 4
Passport Delivered on November 8
Application approved: November 24
CoPR Received November 29

We applied for WP as well since it expired in Oct 2019. We just received confirmation of the WP today.

Do we wait to receive the WP docs and then flagpole, or do flagpole regardless and inform the Agent that we'll shred the WP (since that's what they normally do if there's a WP)?
Typically they keep your work permit and issue the PR confirmation letter. You are the still allowed to flagpole and come back using the visa stamped after COpr. They will ask you to shred the new work permit once you receive it.

Reactions: azeemmarecan

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Application was approved November 29
Return Tracker activated December 3 - item processed
December 4 - in transit
Delivery estimate not showing :(

Reactions: sureshcoim

azeemmarecan

Aug 23, 2019
PPR: November 4
Passport Delivered on November 8
Application approved: November 24
CoPR Received November 29

We applied for WP as well since it expired in Oct 2019. We just received confirmation of the WP today.

Do we wait to receive the WP docs and then flagpole, or do flagpole regardless and inform the Agent that we'll shred the WP (since that's what they normally do if there's a WP)?
Adding on to this:

My wife and I just completed the Flagpole today at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge. It's a relatively simple process. However, the most crucial part of this exercise is to plan your time to reach the Canadian Border within the first few minutes from when it opens - which involves arriving at the US border, waiting in the queue there, taking the U-Turn immediately, waiting in the queue at the Canadian border, hoping the ones in front of us aren't there for CoPR (or at least our turn is still within the quota :D ).

I can share a detailed write-up of my experience if anyone needs more info.

Reactions: robertzmj

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Adding on to this:

My wife and I just completed the Flagpole today at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge. It's a relatively simple process. However, the most crucial part of this exercise is to plan your time to reach the Canadian Border within the first few minutes from when it opens - which involves arriving at the US border, waiting in the queue there, taking the U-Turn immediately, waiting in the queue at the Canadian border, hoping the ones in front of us aren't there for CoPR (or at least our turn is still within the quota :D ).

I can share a detailed write-up of my experience if anyone needs more info.
Just wondering why you chose to flagpole instead of making an appointment with an immigration officer. COPR is arriving back today and have been debating which to do

azeemmarecan

Aug 23, 2019
Just wondering why you chose to flagpole instead of making an appointment with an immigration officer. COPR is arriving back today and have been debating which to do
To answer your question I'd like to share what all I've considered before choosing to Flagpole

Advantages of interview:
1. Its less of a hassle
2. Processing times after that is relatively quicker than Flagpole, based on of my contact's experience

Disadvantage of interview:
1. To get an appointment, you need to request for one by sending them an email. They take upto 30 days just to reply to your email, and then I dont know how many more days or weeks they'll make you wait for the appointment
2. Based on reading some of the comments on the Forum, a lot of people have waited upto 50+ days and not received an email, while only a few received it within 4 days of sending the email. That depends on where you stay and the closest IRCC office. I believe the one applicant who received it sooner stays in Kitchener

My personal reasons for choosing Flagpole:
1. I have an international work trip mid of Jan. And according to the Processing Timeline it takes 26 days to get the PR card. The CBSA agent will say 6-8 weeks. But if I have any chances of receiving it before the trip, its via the flagpole.
2. My WP expired. Which requires me to update my employer of the my status every 30 days. If I complete the landing, I can immediately get the SIN and apply for my OHIP as well
3. The other most important part for me personally is this is like a closure to the 1.5 years of effort we put in. And knowing that it's completed, from my side, gives me the peace of mind. Of course, I'd still have to wait for the PR Card to come to my hands, but I've completed everything that is required of me.

P.S. We did request for the appointment by email and still have not received any update yet. So yes, did not want to leave things hanging in limbo :)

All the best.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Application approved on the 30th Nov and return tracker on my Canada Post express envelope still not activated.

Anyone else experienced this long a wait for COPR to be sent after approval??

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
To answer your question I'd like to share what all I've considered before choosing to Flagpole

Advantages of interview:
1. Its less of a hassle
2. Processing times after that is relatively quicker than Flagpole, based on of my contact's experience

1. To get an appointment, you need to request for one by sending them an email. They take upto 30 days just to reply to your email, and then I dont know how many more days or weeks they'll make you wait for the appointment
2. Based on reading some of the comments on the Forum, a lot of people have waited upto 50+ days and not received an email, while only a few received it within 4 days of sending the email. That depends on where you stay and the closest IRCC office. I believe the one applicant who received it sooner stays in Kitchener

1. I have an international work trip mid of Jan. And according to the Processing Timeline it takes 26 days to get the PR card. The CBSA agent will say 6-8 weeks. But if I have any chances of receiving it before the trip, its via the flagpole.
2. My WP expired. Which requires me to update my employer of the my status every 30 days. If I complete the landing, I can immediately get the SIN and apply for my OHIP as well
3. The other most important part for me personally is this is like a closure to the 1.5 years of effort we put in. And knowing that it's completed, from my side, gives me the peace of mind. Of course, I'd still have to wait for the PR Card to come to my hands, but I've completed everything that is required of me.

P.S. We did request for the appointment by email and still have not received any update yet. So yes, did not want to leave things hanging in limbo :)

All the best.

thank you for your response ... we have a trip booked at the end of february if we flagpole before the new year do you think the PR card will show up on time - we were going to book an interview but did not realize it was done thru email and could take a while just to book ... i wish we could get the cards on the spot if only it were possible ... i guess we will send an email in the mean time as we still have to get day off of work to flagpole if there is no email response by the approved day off

suren2020

Aug 21, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-10-2019

Advantages of interview:
1. Its less of a hassle

All the best.
Did you try call CIC helpline to book the appointment?

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
We have applied for FSW-O on British passports. We got the COPR last week. It says that we have to upload a copy of the COPR email and passport copies on the online portal but there is no placeholder for it. Where do we upload it?

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have asked this question on so many forums and nobody seems to know an answer. For most of the applicant I know, they were asked to submit actual passport along with the letter to the nearest VO. But since we are from visa exempt country; I am at loss where to upload it. We contacted IRCC on the email address provided but haven’t received a reply yet. Many thanks

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
I have asked this question on so many forums and nobody seems to know an answer. For most of the applicant I know, they were asked to submit actual passport along with the letter to the nearest VO. But since we are from visa exempt country; I am at loss where to upload it. We contacted IRCC on the email address provided but haven’t received a reply yet. Many thanks
If you visa exempt , you still have to mail copy of your passport and pictures.Double check the instructions on your PPR request letter. It should be written there.