+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you visa exempt , you still have to mail copy of your passport and pictures.Double check the instructions on your PPR request letter. It should be written there.
It doesn’t say to send the copy. It just asked us to send pictures by mail and upload passport copy on the online portal.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
It doesn’t say to send the copy. It just asked us to send pictures by mail and upload passport copy on the online portal.
Call IRCC and ask them. I am not familiar with this. I just checked my PPR letter. It did not ask to upload documents for those who are visa exempt. Maybe it is a new requirement. Call IRCC.

azeemmarecan

Aug 23, 2019
thank you for your response ... we have a trip booked at the end of february if we flagpole before the new year do you think the PR card will show up on time - we were going to book an interview but did not realize it was done thru email and could take a while just to book ... i wish we could get the cards on the spot if only it were possible ... i guess we will send an email in the mean time as we still have to get day off of work to flagpole if there is no email response by the approved day off
I believe you should receive your PR card before your trip if you do the Flagpole next week or the week after. The CIC timelines indicate 26 days and CBSA agent stated 6-8 weeks. Which any which way is before the end of February. So you should be covered.

I also found this link where you can request for urgent processing of pr card: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

This may or may not apply to your scenario, but you can check it out.

Lastly, yes, go ahead and send out an email requesting for the interview. If you get it sooner, that's great! If not, you can fall back on Flagpole. Just ensure to set a deadline for how long you are willing to wait for the interview reply, and if you dont receive it by then, you'll Flagpole.

Do check the Flagpole timings as well to help with your plan.

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Anyone submitted the passport on or before Nov 22 and waiting for approval?
Yes my passport was delivered on Nov 20 and my application is still not approved yet.

vivi153

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Got my PPR today.
My wife is in india and I am CEC inland applicant.
I came to US for a visit and planning to stay untill christmas. I have couple of questions.
1. As per the email "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member."
So , Do I have to send her photos as well or is it enough if she submits in India ?

2.I am thinking to give an US address to receive my PR card . is it ok ?

Please give your ideas.

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Thanks for the response. You will get it today or early next week. Keep us posted. Can you share which VO office you sent the passport to? I did send to Ottawa.
I sent to Ottawa as well. Lets hope we get passport soon.

Reactions: sureshcoim

r_fish

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
I believe you should receive your PR card before your trip if you do the Flagpole next week or the week after. The CIC timelines indicate 26 days and CBSA agent stated 6-8 weeks. Which any which way is before the end of February. So you should be covered.

I also found this link where you can request for urgent processing of pr card: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

This may or may not apply to your scenario, but you can check it out.

Lastly, yes, go ahead and send out an email requesting for the interview. If you get it sooner, that's great! If not, you can fall back on Flagpole. Just ensure to set a deadline for how long you are willing to wait for the interview reply, and if you dont receive it by then, you'll Flagpole.

Do check the Flagpole timings as well to help with your plan.
thank you so much your responses and timeline have been very helpful for me.
We sent an email for an appointment but I believe we are going to flagpole at the Prescott, Ontario boarder crossing this weekend !! May as well get the ball rolling!!!

robertzmj

Nov 19, 2014
Anyone submitted the passport on or before Nov 22 and waiting for approval?
My passport was delivered on Nov. 21 and without any further information today. I don’t know whether it has been approved because I don’t have the GCKey, but with online tool, no update.

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
My passport was delivered on Nov. 21 and without any further information today. I don’t know whether it has been approved because I don’t have the GCKey, but with online tool, no update.
Hey. My application in online just updated to approved. Passport delivered on nov 22 and VO is Ottawa. You and other guy will get it today!! Good luck.

robertzmj

Nov 19, 2014
Got my PPR today.
My wife is in india and I am CEC inland applicant.
I came to US for a visit and planning to stay untill christmas. I have couple of questions.
1. As per the email "Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member."
So , Do I have to send her photos as well or is it enough if she submits in India ?

2.I am thinking to give an US address to receive my PR card . is it ok ?

Please give your ideas.
I think that all the documents should be in one single package so it is better that you and your wife submit together.