AOR Received.
20/08/2018
Med's Request
02/05/2019
Med's Done....
21/05/2019
Passport Req..
02/07/2019
Hi! Is it normal to receive a PPR Final Request Notice after you have submitted your passport?

PPR: 11 June 2019
Submitted Passports (to CPC-Ottawa): 3 July 2019
Passports Received: 4 July 2019
Final Request Notice for PPR: 16 July 2019

I emailed CPC-Ottawa and sent a message through the Web Form, but no response yet. I'm applying from the US.
I would call them to confirm they started processing your passport, just for your peace of mind.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
My application was approved about a week ago on the 10th but my return tracker still hasn't been activated. Is anyone here on the same boat?

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hi all

i have a query regarding submitting passports and other documents to vfs.. after getting PPR email.
Hi all!!

First off congratulations to all of you who've received your PPR!! :) :) :)

I have read through my PPR email and I have 2 major queries regarding it.

General Outline:

1. Our case- Principal applicant and spouse accompanying
2. Both of us are Indian passport holders
3. Both of us have visit visa for Canada already which is valid until our passport expiry date
4. E-mail says "Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter."
5. My passport is valid till 2021 and my Canada visit visa expires only in 2021,whereas my spouse's passport is expiring within 12 months so its given for renewal now.

QUERY 1

This is the part where I require some clarification...Please find my queries mentioned in GREEN and related queries are GREEN and UNDERLINED against the scenarios.

PPR E-mail section STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) contains 2 scenarios...

Scenario 1
: if you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):- As per point 3 above, I already have a Canadian visit visa. Do they mean this or based on point 2, does it mean that we both are Indian passport holders so therefore we require a visa to enter Canada ? since in general Indians do require a visa to enter Canada. Can someone elaborate on this?

Scenario 2: If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
This doubt is basically aligned with scenario 1, whether we must take a visa or not is still hanging in the air. but the other part that's unclear is it says if you don't require a visa to enter Canada then "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member"

QUERY 2

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS Please relate this query to scenario 2 above... Under instructions it says ....."Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you"...
please note how ambiguous the scenario 2 points and the instructions seem here? :/ :? in one place it says photocopy but in the final instruction it says submit passports?

My only niggle is that the instructions don't seem very clear and it would be good if someone could offer me some clarification on this and I apologize for the long query, I hope its comprehensible.

Thank you in advance !!
:)

Hi all

My spouse's passport renewal is in progress to ensure the 12 month validity period is met as per my PPR e-mail.

1. We sent a mail regarding the passport renewal to IRCC and they responded stating we need to make an online payment of 30 dollars for replacement of an immigration document.
Hence, we are assuming that we need to submit the receipt of this payment while submitting the passports to vfs for visa stamping and receiving COPR. is my understanding correct??

2. While visiting the vfs website for passport submission and going through the instructions it says to include "Any applicable visa application centre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees etc"
so I am confused if this needs to be paid online in prior like the 30 dollar fees for the receipt to be attached... As I was under the assumption that we pay everything to vfs while submission..

please clarify the above ;)
your suggestions will be highly valuable

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Update for me:
PPR: Jun 24
Passport Sent: Jun 24
Passport Delivered: Jun 26
Application Approved: Jul 11
Return Tracker Activated: Jul 17
CoPR Received: Jul 18

Reactions: litttlestar

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Small update here:

PPR: Jun 25
Copy of Passport sent to CPC-Ottawa: Jul 2
Delivered: Jul 5
Application Approved: Jul 17 (according to CIC agent)
COPR sent: Jul 18 (according to CIC agent)
Return Tracker Activated: Jul 19
CoPR Received: ??

Last edited:

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Inland applicant here. So I got my CoPR and called IRCC to make the landing appointment, expecting to talk to an actual person and get a date... and I get an automated message saying to email them and they will get back to me within THIRTY days? Presumably when they get back to me, the appointment may be several weeks after that as well...

How many people actually put up with this? I am so tempted to just drive to the border and make them do it there... They say they prefer you don't do that, but am I seriously supposed to just wait around for more months when I could just go to the border and get it done tomorrow?

Sorry for the rant. I would love to hear some input from the other inland applicants in this thread on what you plan on doing.

Prg.7778

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Inland applicant here. So I got my CoPR and called IRCC to make the landing appointment, expecting to talk to an actual person and get a date... and I get an automated message saying to email them and they will get back to me within THIRTY days? Presumably when they get back to me, the appointment may be several weeks after that as well...

How many people actually put up with this? I am so tempted to just drive to the border and make them do it there... They say they prefer you don't do that, but am I seriously supposed to just wait around for more months when I could just go to the border and get it done tomorrow?

Sorry for the rant. I would love to hear some input from the other inland applicants in this thread on what you plan on doing.
Going to the border is the best way to do it if you have your COPR. Convenient and easy

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019

Just go to the border. It's the easiest, quickest most painless and hassle free way of doing it.

I'm going for a trip to my home country in about two months and I'll land on my way back. The only reason for that is because I'm moving in about a month and I'm afraid that if I land next weekend, my PR card won't get to me before my trip (It might be delivered to my old address instead). :(

If it weren't for that I'd just go to the border.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Hey everyone, I just got my application approved and I'm sharing my timeline in case anyone wants to see it.

CEC- INLAND

ITA: Jan 30, 2019
AOR: Feb 5, 2019
MEP: Mar 21, 2019
PPR: June 20, 2019
Passport Sent: June 20, 2019
Passport Delivered: June 24, 2019
Application Approved: July 10, 2019
Return Tracker Activated: ???
Passport Received: ???

About 13 business days from passport delivered to application approved.

Good luck to you all.
Quick update: My return tracker was activated today (July 19, 2019).

Reactions: mbaleine

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Just go to the border. It's the easiest, quickest most painless and hassle free way of doing it.

I'm going for a trip to my home country in about two months and I'll land on my way back. The only reason for that is because I'm moving in about a month and I'm afraid that if I land next weekend, my PR card won't get to me before my trip (It might be delivered to my old address instead). :(

If it weren't for that I'd just go to the border.
Thanks. We went to the border on Saturday, and while the queues for the cars were pretty brutal (about 45 mins into USA then 45 more mins back into Canada), the officer was really friendly and processed our PR in about 15 mins.

For anyone planning on going to the border in Alberta, I highly recommend Coutts instead of Carway. Based on previous experience at Carway with temporary work permits, they hate immigration work and will put you in a waiting room for hours seemingly out of spite alone, and lecture you on how you are wasting their time.

ivan.bc

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Just got my passport/COPR and I'm sharing my final timeline with you all.

CEC- INLAND

ITA: Jan 30, 2019
AOR: Feb 5, 2019
MEP: Mar 21, 2019
PPR: June 20, 2019
Passport Sent: June 20, 2019
Passport Delivered: June 24, 2019
Application Approved: July 10, 2019
Return Tracker Activated: July 19, 2019
Passport Received: July 22, 2019

Almost 30 days from passport delivery to getting it back.

Best of luck to you all.