+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

Prg.7778

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Called last friday
They said that they got the passport but not stamped yet. Thats what they told me previous week too.
Hope to recieve this week
Mine was received on June 28 and no update as well. Did call today the agent has sent an inquiry with the tracking number to check what's going on.

JSAA

Apr 23, 2019
PPR - Jun 24
Send passport - Jun 26
Approved - ???
Tracking - ???
Received - ???

I'm starting freaking out without any update!!!!

MCWrang

May 23, 2018
CEC - INLAND
ITA: May 23, 2018
AOR: July 8, 2018
MEP: July 23, 2018
PPR: June 17, 2019
Passport Sent: June 18, 2019
Passport Delivered: June 20, 2019
Application Approved: July 9, 2019
Return Tracker Activated: July 10, 2019
Passport Received: July 15, 2019 (Canada Post was late in delivering)

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hi all!!

First off congratulations to all of you who've received your PPR!! :) :) :)

I have read through my PPR email and I have 2 major queries regarding it.

General Outline:

1. Our case- Principal applicant and spouse accompanying
2. Both of us are Indian passport holders
3. Both of us have visit visa for Canada already which is valid until our passport expiry date
4. E-mail says "Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter."
5. My passport is valid till 2021 and my Canada visit visa expires only in 2021,whereas my spouse's passport is expiring within 12 months so its given for renewal now.

QUERY 1

This is the part where I require some clarification...Please find my queries mentioned in GREEN and related queries are GREEN and UNDERLINED against the scenarios.

PPR E-mail section STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) contains 2 scenarios...

Scenario 1
: if you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):- As per point 3 above, I already have a Canadian visit visa. Do they mean this or based on point 2, does it mean that we both are Indian passport holders so therefore we require a visa to enter Canada ? since in general Indians do require a visa to enter Canada. Can someone elaborate on this?

Scenario 2: If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
This doubt is basically aligned with scenario 1, whether we must take a visa or not is still hanging in the air. but the other part that's unclear is it says if you don't require a visa to enter Canada then "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member"

QUERY 2

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS Please relate this query to scenario 2 above... Under instructions it says ....."Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you"...
please note how ambiguous the scenario 2 points and the instructions seem here? :/ :? in one place it says photocopy but in the final instruction it says submit passports?

My only niggle is that the instructions don't seem very clear and it would be good if someone could offer me some clarification on this and I apologize for the long query, I hope its comprehensible.

Thank you in advance !!
:)

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
PPR - Jun 24
Send passport - Jun 26
Approved - ???
Tracking - ???
Received - ???

I'm starting freaking out without any update!!!!
I have the same timeline as you. I am really worried whats happening on the other end..still no sign .

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all!!

First off congratulations to all of you who've received your PPR!! :) :) :)

I have read through my PPR email and I have 2 major queries regarding it.

General Outline:

1. Our case- Principal applicant and spouse accompanying
2. Both of us are Indian passport holders
3. Both of us have visit visa for Canada already which is valid until our passport expiry date
4. E-mail says "Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter."
5. My passport is valid till 2021 and my Canada visit visa expires only in 2021,whereas my spouse's passport is expiring within 12 months so its given for renewal now.

QUERY 1

This is the part where I require some clarification...Please find my queries mentioned in GREEN and related queries are GREEN and UNDERLINED against the scenarios.

PPR E-mail section STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) contains 2 scenarios...

Scenario 1
: if you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):- As per point 3 above, I already have a Canadian visit visa. Do they mean this or based on point 2, does it mean that we both are Indian passport holders so therefore we require a visa to enter Canada ? since in general Indians do require a visa to enter Canada. Can someone elaborate on this?

Scenario 2: If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
This doubt is basically aligned with scenario 1, whether we must take a visa or not is still hanging in the air. but the other part that's unclear is it says if you don't require a visa to enter Canada then "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member"

QUERY 2

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS Please relate this query to scenario 2 above... Under instructions it says ....."Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you"...
please note how ambiguous the scenario 2 points and the instructions seem here? :/ :? in one place it says photocopy but in the final instruction it says submit passports?

My only niggle is that the instructions don't seem very clear and it would be good if someone could offer me some clarification on this and I apologize for the long query, I hope its comprehensible.

Thank you in advance !!
:)
You are from India so you need a visa to get into Canada so you need to submit your passport.
Whether you already have a tourist visa doesn’t matter.
IRCC will issue you a PR visa.

Reactions: MB8489

JSAA

Apr 23, 2019
I have the same timeline as you. I am really worried whats happening on the other end..still no sign .
My profile has been updated.
PPR - Jun 24
Send passport - Jun 26
Approved - Jul 15
Tracking - ???
Received - ???

Lostinuk

Jun 28, 2019
Hi all I got my DM on the 19th June, but still waiting for my COPR to arrive from LVO. Has anyone else got theirs recently?

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
You are from India so you need a visa to get into Canada so you need to submit your passport.
Whether you already have a tourist visa doesn’t matter.
IRCC will issue you a PR visa.
Thanks a lot for the prompt response :)

Now its clear to me :)

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
I received a mail stating my copr expires on 16th december 2019.. Does this mean I must do my landing before this date and can someone take me through the landing formalities ?

SolidB

Jun 12, 2019
Hello all.
Please I have submitted my passport since 18th of April 2019, yet no update and the passport is yet to be returned.
Wrote a mail in June, first got a response that it was not in Ghana VO but later, 2 weeks ago an apology letter for the mix up and that once it is ready will be sent through VFS.
Is it normal to stay for 3 months after ppr?