+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

raysflavor

Jul 31, 2017
I should have been more specific in that I was referencing Ottawa as the VO.
Ok. I dont really know the timelines for people who sent passport to Ottawa. My LVO is ottawa but passports sent to Accra. Final approval happened in 10 working days (2weeks) it will probably take a few more days before i receive my stamped passport.

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
I have been monitoring the time for PPR to COPR for few applicants in this group and few other groups. And it looks like they get an update within 2 weeks. I'm expecting my Return tracker to be active by next week.

Hope the timeline for COPR won't increase further.

Reemahabitat

Jun 1, 2018
Hello, I have a query.
My CoPR expires on 20 Sep 2019. Would it be safe to travel to canada for the first itme on Sep 1st? PR issuance will take a further 2-3 months. By that time my CoPR would be expired already. Would my stay, because of expired CoPR and pending PR, be illegal? Just trying to gain clarity so I dont make any mistakes. Will appreciate help.

Also any email address or contact number where I can get an official reply/acknowledgement on this?

Thanks for help!! Sorry I am alone so confused on things. Will appreciate help.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hello, I have a query.
My CoPR expires on 20 Sep 2019. Would it be safe to travel to canada for the first itme on Sep 1st? PR issuance will take a further 2-3 months. By that time my CoPR would be expired already. Would my stay, because of expired CoPR and pending PR, be illegal? Just trying to gain clarity so I dont make any mistakes. Will appreciate help.

Also any email address or contact number where I can get an official reply/acknowledgement on this?

Thanks for help!! Sorry I am alone so confused on things. Will appreciate help.
Yes you can travel by then. If you have a visa as well then make sure you travel before the earlier of the two expiration. Also your stay would not be considered illegal as you would be a PR.

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hey guys,
I received my PPR yesterday and will be submitting the passports tomorrow. Could you please let me know whether the below listed documents are enough ? I will be submitting the passport at VFS Chennai, India.
1. Passport
2. Photo- Can I submit the same photo I uploaded post ITA?
3. PPR email copy
4. Envelopes for passports
Hey!! I too submitted my passport for copr stamping at vfs chennai. Any updates on the passports. Is your copr stamping done? I submitted on 19th feb and haven’t heard back from them yet.

Reemahabitat

Jun 1, 2018
Yes you can travel by then. If you have a visa as well then make sure you travel before the earlier of the two expiration. Also your stay would not be considered illegal as you would be a PR.
I have a COPR and single entry visa. They both expire on the same date. So once i land even if my visa and COPR both expire, it doesnt matter? I'll be a PR. just without card

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hey,

My tracker activated on Friday March 8, 2019.

PPR: 21 Feb, 2019
Passport Sent: 25 Feb, 2019
Received at Ottawa: 26 Feb, 2019
Online Application Status: Approved on 6 March, 2019
I'm waiting for my return tracker Activation.

Thanks!

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hey,

My tracker activated on Friday March 8, 2019.

PPR: 21 Feb, 2019
Passport Sent: 25 Feb, 2019
Received at Ottawa: 26 Feb, 2019
Online Application Status: Approved on 6 March, 2019
I'm waiting for my return tracker Activation.

Thanks!
Congrats.

Reactions: jp_88

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello everyone! I had submitted my passport and the supporting documents for COPR stamping at VFS Chennai on Feb 19th. I got an update on 20th Feb saying my application is being processed at IRCC Delhi. It’s been almost 3 weeks and I haven’t heard back from them. I have to fly back to the US by the end of March and I was hoping to have the COPR stamping done before that. Is there any way I can contact someone at IRCC Delhi and understand the reason behind the delay in the processing of my application?

Thank you!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Quick question for people who submitted their passports to Ottawa please. Just wanted to be sure I got their instructions right.

So I’m supposed to purchase a medium sized prepaid xpresspost envelope right, enclose in it the filled annex a, passport, two photographs with my name and address written at the back, and the return xpresspost (standard size) envelope? So I leave the address sections of the return envelope blank?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone! I had submitted my passport and the supporting documents for COPR stamping at VFS Chennai on Feb 19th. I got an update on 20th Feb saying my application is being processed at IRCC Delhi. It’s been almost 3 weeks and I haven’t heard back from them. I have to fly back to the US by the end of March and I was hoping to have the COPR stamping done before that. Is there any way I can contact someone at IRCC Delhi and understand the reason behind the delay in the processing of my application?

Thank you!
I feel for you. I submitted February 25 (IRCC message on Feb26), vfs said it would take 7-10 days, but now 2 weeks later still noting. We booked our fligt to Canada on 23rd of march and now worried we`ll have to postpone the flight, which for 4 people will be hefty penalty fees. Really discouraging.