+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request from New-Delhi, currently located at Canada on WP. How to send PP ?

hardhy

Jan 6, 2012
Hi Guys,
TOPIC: All applicants who are currently located at Canada and have applied for PNP at CHC, New Delhi and got request to send their Passports.

I looked at many topics but didn't get any consolidated information on this topic, hence starting the new one. In case I missed this topic, appreciate if you can point to existing one.

I had applied at New-Delhi under OPNP in November 2011 and currently located at Canada under Work Permit.
Few days back I got email from CHC, New Delhi to undergo medicals and send Passport.
I have already undergone medical test.
I am currently located in Canada and can't send my passport to New Delhi while I am still here in Canada.
Is anybody else facing/faced the same issue? I am looking for possibilities to explore my next move.
Greatly appreciate if you can share your experience at this forum.

ram_gsv

Dec 13, 2011
i am also an OPNP and living in Canada with work permit.

I got a letter from CHC-ND to send passport and i send it through UPS courier. they will deliver you passport with a special procedure..

currently my PP is with CIC-ND. i sent it on Nov-1st and i waiting for to get it back.

they don't send your passport back to canada, they will deliver it to your india address. so make sure some body will bring it to you by hand.

it takes at least three to four month to get back the passport if you have submitted proper documents. make sure you keep your work permit original with you. put a copy of it with passport while sending.

you can't travel to any where in next four month. so keep this in your mind.

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Cant anybody from India send it through safe courier service like we did from Canada ?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Don't ever ever ever mail or courier your passport from abroad to India. Its illegal to mail or courier your passport to/from abroad to India.

You have to fly to India and courier it through FedEX to CHC-ND. Even no courier company in India would be ready to mail your passports from India. If you conceal and send it via Indian Post, it's not safe at all. The only bet is if somebody could bring in by hand from India to Canada.
I know it's a ridiculous rule but that's the way it is.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
@ hardy

I would suggest you to follow the topic below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-applied-for-pr-from-canada-in-new-delhi-chc-t96795.0.html