17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of other doubts.
1. My wife has done her IELTS and WES evaluation. Are those documents needed as Education proof for her or would University marksheets suffice?
2. Do we need to submit copies of passports that have expired? The old passport has departure/arrival stamps that are done within the last 10 years.

Thanks and regards.,
SaBong.

If you are adding your spouse post ITA, you to not need to ECA or IELTS as you do not get points for it. But you will have to file the degree certificates. If you have the ECA and IELTS, you can submit that too. Marksheets are not required.

Passports, expired and current, that have any visas or stamps have to be submitted.

Reactions: SaBong

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
If you are adding your spouse post ITA, you to not need to ECA or IELTS as you do not get points for it. But you will have to file the degree certificates. If you have the ECA and IELTS, you can submit that too. Marksheets are not required.

Passports, expired and current, that have any visas or stamps have to be submitted.
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
SaBong.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
Hi all,
I will provide a background of my case: I received my
OINP nomination positive response on 25th October 2019,
ITA on 30th Oct 2019,
AOR on 25th Nov 2019,
Medicals on 13th Dec 2019,
Biometrics on 26th Dec 2019.

According to GCMS notes my EE eligibility was passed on 7th July 2020.

However, I got married on 9th July 2020 (after the AOR, obviously) and intimated IRCC about the same through Web Form within 2 weeks of my marriage. I received an acknowledgement for the same from them on 30th July 2020. The GCMS notes also reflect that the addition of my spouse has been acknowledged by them. The notes mentioned that they have forwarded the details for review to the concerned department. No further details about my spouse have been requested so far.

On 21st Nov 2020, I received my PPR. The mail says I am needed to submit my passport within 30 days of its receipt.
At this point in time, I am confused as to whether to submit the passport or forego the PPR in order to let IRCC complete the procedure for the addition of my spouse. My case is with the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi and therefore the IRCC call center agents within Canada refuse to provide any information on it. They requested me to contact the New Delhi office only by either Web Form or email, both of which I have been doing since the PPR but I have received only one generic response so far.

Kindly provide any information that could be of assistance to me in order to help me with the decision of sending my Passport at present or to wait for the procedure to complete from their end.

Thanks much!
Same thing happening with me but I am CEC. Can you please advise what are the documents you send to them on second time in web form. And time line after how many days they replied.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Same thing happening with me but I am CEC. Can you please advise what are the documents you send to them on second time in web form. And time line after how many days they replied.
Hi Parantap47,
They finally responded in December asking for the documents. The list includes spouse's Birth certificate, Work History documents, Educational documents, Marriage certificate along with Wedding and Post Wedding photographs. 3 separate forms related to personal and family information. I haven't sent anything as part of the web form. All the documents that needed to be submitted were done from the IRCC application portal.
I submitted all these documents around 20th January. I have not received any response after that.

Thanks and regards,
SaBong.

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
Hi Parantap47,
They finally responded in December asking for the documents. The list includes spouse's Birth certificate, Work History documents, Educational documents, Marriage certificate along with Wedding and Post Wedding photographs. 3 separate forms related to personal and family information. I haven't sent anything as part of the web form. All the documents that needed to be submitted were done from the IRCC application portal.
I submitted all these documents around 20th January. I have not received any response after that.

Thanks and regards,
SaBong.
Did you raise the web form or email to cpc Ottawa

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Did you raise the web form or email to cpc Ottawa
Hi @Parantap47 ,
I'm sorry but I do not understand your query. Could you please be a bit more clear in terms of what communication you are referring to?
As mentioned previously, I haven't raised web forms or emails. All the communication with IRCC has happened from within the IRCC portal.

Thanks and regards,
SaBong.

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
Hi @Parantap47 ,
I'm sorry but I do not understand your query. Could you please be a bit more clear in terms of what communication you are referring to?
As mentioned previously, I haven't raised web forms or emails. All the communication with IRCC has happened from within the IRCC portal.

Thanks and regards,
SaBong.
I meant that how you reach ircc for adding spouse after they issue ppr just for you. You used web form or direct email to cpc Ottawa.

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am going through the same situation currently, I am CEC inland and my marital status got changed in November 2020 and on 7th December 2020 I submitted documents ( Spouse PCC, birth certificate, marriage certi, Imm 5406 for a spouse, copy of passport pages and request to add a spouse as a dependent). I received the confirmation saying that they received the docs and send to VO on 8th Jan 20221. I also called IRCC helpline on 28th January 2021 to know the status of my application and the status of the spouse process, agent told me they will add the spouse before they finalize my application. On 16th February 2021 I found my application is approved and copr issued. I received the COPR from the Etobicoke office yesterday stating that I am permanent resident of Canada and I have to submit the photographs for PR card. I need advise about following.

What should I do, go ahead and submit the photographs for PR card or wait.

I also submit the webform last week explaining the above noted and sent an email to CPC Ottawa for my situation , what are the chances they will reply and ask for the spouse documents?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am going through the same situation currently, I am CEC inland and my marital status got changed in November 2020 and on 7th December 2020 I submitted documents ( Spouse PCC, birth certificate, marriage certi, Imm 5406 for a spouse, copy of passport pages and request to add a spouse as a dependent). I received the confirmation saying that they received the docs and send to VO on 8th Jan 20221. I also called IRCC helpline on 28th January 2021 to know the status of my application and the status of the spouse process, agent told me they will add the spouse before they finalize my application. On 16th February 2021 I found my application is approved and copr issued. I received the COPR from the Etobicoke office yesterday stating that I am permanent resident of Canada and I have to submit the photographs for PR card. I need advise about following.

What should I do, go ahead and submit the photographs for PR card or wait.

I also submit the webform last week explaining the above noted and sent an email to CPC Ottawa for my situation , what are the chances they will reply and ask for the spouse documents?
You should call and ask if your spouse has been added. In you are an inland applicant and your spouse is outside Canada, then then you will be issued a COPR and subsequently your spouse will be issued a COPR after you have yours.

Before this, you should clarify, if this is the case, or IRCC has not even added your spouse and just processed the application without your spouse.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
You should call and ask if your spouse has been added. In you are an inland applicant and your spouse is outside Canada, then then you will be issued a COPR and subsequently your spouse will be issued a COPR after you have yours.

Before this, you should clarify, if this is the case, or IRCC has not even added your spouse and just processed the application without your spouse.
Thanks for the reply. I have called IRCC agent and they said they will send a note/email about spouse add-on to the officer who reviewed my file.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016

Hello @ leagalfalcon,

I have called the IRCC today and ask exactly what you mentioned above. and they said the office didn't review and consider my request for the spouse add-on, agent added that there are a high chance officer approved the file as a single applicant and closed the file. But the call centre agent sent an email to the officer who reviewed my file stating that the applicant sent a request for Add-on before COPR in December, it is now in the officer hands to reopen the application and add the spouse.
from your experience, do you know they reopen the file or not.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @ leagalfalcon,

I have called the IRCC today and ask exactly what you mentioned above. and they said the office didn't review and consider my request for the spouse add-on, agent added that there are a high chance officer approved the file as a single applicant and closed the file. But the call centre agent sent an email to the officer who reviewed my file stating that the applicant sent a request for Add-on before COPR in December, it is now in the officer hands to reopen the application and add the spouse.
from your experience, do you know they reopen the file or not.
If your family composition changes any point before you become a PR, you have to inform IRCC and the new family member has to be admissible for criminality, medicals and security.

However, in an odd situation if your COPR is confirmed and you are in Canada, which would mean that effective the date you received the cOPR you are a PR, you may have to file spousal sponsorship.

Also, the officer in most cases will re-open the file and process your spouse and issue new COPR. However, wait for a final confirmation from IRCC on what to do next.

Parantap47

Nov 11, 2016
If your family composition changes any point before you become a PR, you have to inform IRCC and the new family member has to be admissible for criminality, medicals and security.

However, in an odd situation if your COPR is confirmed and you are in Canada, which would mean that effective the date you received the cOPR you are a PR, you may have to file spousal sponsorship.

Also, the officer in most cases will re-open the file and process your spouse and issue new COPR. However, wait for a final confirmation from IRCC on what to do next.
thanks for the reply. In my case, I added my spouse in December 2020 and I called in 11 Jan 2021 and eligibility was recommended passed and background check was pending. I don't know why they haven't add.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , I had created this thread to ask about what to do when my spouse had not been added even after intimating IRCC and I had received a PPR without her name in the PPR. Your responses were spot on. They requested the documents on 23rd December 2020. We submitted all the forms on 21st January 2021.

The name of my spouse still does not appear on my profile.
I had requested GCMS notes and the last Notes entry says "Incoming correspondence that was at provided has been flipped to received in bulk. Incoming information will need to be reviewed at next due date" dated 17th Feb 2020.
There has been only one ghost update after that date

The updated entity is
Review of additional documents
  • February 18, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
which I believe is the same one mentioned in the GCMS notes.

No other updates have been made on my file after that. I have sent several web forms but they end up with the same generic response, 'Please be patient.

I wanted to know:
1. Does all of the data indicate that my wife has not been added to the profile at all?
2. If yes, does that mean all of her credential checks(education, security, background) have not even been started? Will this process add another (un)expected 2-5 months for the processing to happen?
3. Since she has no UCI number, is it possible for her to do upfront medicals?