USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am an inland PR applicant. After my marriage, I apprised IRCC about my marriage and my intent to add my wife (outside Canada) to my application, but they never acknowledged or asked for any additional documents for my wife. Now, I have received the "PR Portal (PR Conformation)" mail saying that my application has been approved and they have asked certain questions, like confirming whether I am inside or outside Canada, any change in situation, etc. I have replied with requested details and also to add my wife to the application.

In my case, I understand few more months will be added to my timeline, as verification processes will have to be done in relation to my wife. However, my question is: Will these additional verification vis-a-vis my wife also mean that I will be getting my CoPR late? I was thinking, can I not get my CoPR at this stage itself, and once my wife's processes are complete, then she can get hers. Or, I will have to wait for my spouse's processes to complete before we both can get our CoPRs? Please let me know.

@SaBong : Will appreciate your inputs, as well. Thank you!

Regards!
No use in sending your passports. Soon, IRCC will ask for your spouse docs. Expect 4-5 months of processing. You both will get new passport request.

Reactions: Armstrong17

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

I am an inland PR applicant. After my marriage, I apprised IRCC about my marriage and my intent to add my wife (outside Canada) to my application, but they never acknowledged or asked for any additional documents for my wife. Now, I have received the "PR Portal (PR Conformation)" mail saying that my application has been approved and they have asked certain questions, like confirming whether I am inside or outside Canada, any change in situation, etc. I have replied with requested details and also to add my wife to the application.

In my case, I understand few more months will be added to my timeline, as verification processes will have to be done in relation to my wife. However, my question is: Will these additional verification vis-a-vis my wife also mean that I will be getting my CoPR late? I was thinking, can I not get my CoPR at this stage itself, and once my wife's processes are complete, then she can get hers. Or, I will have to wait for my spouse's processes to complete before we both can get our CoPRs? Please let me know.

@SaBong : Will appreciate your inputs, as well. Thank you!

Regards!
You can't send your passport now. You will have to wait for IRCC to add your spouse and then a new request will be generated for the both of you.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
No use in sending your passports. Soon, IRCC will ask for your spouse docs. Expect 4-5 months of processing. You both will get new passport request.
Thank you! Sure, I will wait for my spouse's documents to be asked by IRCC now.

I am in Canada and the primary applicant. Hence, I won't be getting PPR, but my wife will.
If everything goes well, I will get an eCOPR on the PR portal, whereas my wife (in India) will receive her COPR along with stamped passport when it is sent back to her. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Reactions: RSub

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
You can't send your passport now. You will have to wait for IRCC to add your spouse and then a new request will be generated for the both of you.
Thank you!
Just a question: When you say, "... wait for IRCC to add your spouse...", does it mean that, after addition, I would be able to see an entry for my wife in the GC Key/IRCC secure account?

Regards!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thank you! Sure, I will wait for my spouse's documents to be asked by IRCC now.

I am in Canada and the primary applicant. Hence, I won't be getting PPR, but my wife will.
If everything goes well, I will get an eCOPR on the PR portal, whereas my wife (in India) will receive her COPR along with stamped passport when it is sent back to her. Is this correct?

Thank you!
Correct.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Thank you!
Just a question: When you say, "... wait for IRCC to add your spouse...", does it mean that, after addition, I would be able to see an entry for my wife in the GC Key/IRCC secure account?

Regards!
Yes. Strangely for some spouse details appeared in a week and for some it appeared after few weeks. Just IRCC things.

No_Expert5379

May 16, 2023
Hi @RSub @legalfalcon,

I know someone who married after he got Copr and informed IRCC about his wedding. But when he applied for PR he was single and before he landed he raised a webform and said he is married and informed IRCC he is getting married in Feb.

He got a response from IRCC after the webform -

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

He has landed here now and told cbsa he is married and told them as well that he submitted a webform but CBSA took his passport and copr. Can you please advise what are the possible scenerios?

Any help is appreciated.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi @RSub @legalfalcon,

I know someone who married after he got Copr and informed IRCC about his wedding. But when he applied for PR he was single and before he landed he raised a webform and said he is married and informed IRCC he is getting married in Feb.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

He has landed here now and told cbsa he is married and told them as well that he submitted a webform but CBSA took his passport and copr. Can you please advise what are the possible scenerios?

Any help is appreciated.
He shouldn't have landed. He should have waited. I am not sure how CBSA allowed him as his landing is misinterpretation. No matter how many e-mails or web form responses he may have had, he should have waited for his spouse to be added before landing. Now he will have issues sponsoring his wife.

Ajs76337

Nov 18, 2023
Hi @RSub @legalfalcon,

Any help is appreciated.
Hi

We are in a similar situation and received the same reply to our webform request. Did CBSA allow the person to complete the landing?