+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ppr from ND-unable to send. suggestions?

jun479

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 21,2012
File Transfer...
Aug 21,2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Sep 1, 2012; we requested for 2nd ppr - still waiting. Went in process on ecas on sep 26, 2012
Hey everyone,
I just received PPR from ND. I am unable to send my passport right away. Please let me know if the following msg that I composed is appropriate to send to ND. Please share your thoughts.

This is in reference to the attached email that we received from CIC regarding passport request and other 2 documents ( PRPF fee and police clearance).I have already paid the landing fees as well as submitted my police clearance with the application.

I am currently residing and working outside India(i.e. Saudi Arabia) as indicated in my application. The Saudi laws do not allow residents to keep passports in their possession. They are usually held with the sponsor(company). As New Delhi's processing time is 9 months,it would be difficult for me to get a hold of the passport for such a long period of time. Also, if a situation came up it would be difficult for me to travel without my passport.
Given the above circumstances, is it possible that New Delhi CIC requests the passport at a later stage when my file processing is almost complete?

Please let me know and advise me for the above matter.

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Show the email you received from CIC to your employer in Saudi. Saudi employers kept their workers passport to be sure that their workers won't leave them untill the last day of their contract. Much better if you can submit a new Police Clearnce.

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
jun479 said:
Hey everyone,
I just received PPR from ND. I am unable to send my passport right away. Please let me know if the following msg that I composed is appropriate to send to ND. Please share your thoughts.

This is in reference to the attached email that we received from CIC regarding passport request and other 2 documents ( PRPF fee and police clearance).I have already paid the landing fees as well as submitted my police clearance with the application.

I am currently residing and working outside India(i.e. Saudi Arabia) as indicated in my application. The Saudi laws do not allow residents to keep passports in their possession. They are usually held with the sponsor(company). As New Delhi's processing time is 9 months,it would be difficult for me to get a hold of the passport for such a long period of time. Also, if a situation came up it would be difficult for me to travel without my passport.
Given the above circumstances, is it possible that New Delhi CIC requests the passport at a later stage when my file processing is almost complete?

Please let me know and advise me for the above matter.
It is possible to submit it later. Just send a case specific enquiry to the NDVO and inform them of your situation. From what I have seen, they usually will reply with something along the lines of "we will send another request closer to the time that the visa is ready to be issued, but this will cause a delay in the processing of your application." I guess there is such a high volume of applicants at the NDVO so this must make things a bit quicker for them, but it's not good if they're holding people's passports for months on end.