+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR extension for a planned trip

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Yep, can't determine the what would happen without going through this personally, or hearing from a reliable source or knowing the specific laws pertaining to this situation. Another question here would be if you can enter with your multiple-entry work visa after you get married and w/ or w/o CoPR.
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems entering without the CoPR after getting married (on work visa).

Aug 28, 2018
Please what email or what platform can I send a request for an extension. I received a request to submit within 15 days but I have a very important work travel in about three weeks and would need my passport.

nila21

Oct 23, 2017
Please what email or what platform can I send a request for an extension. I received a request to submit within 15 days but I have a very important work travel in about three weeks and would need my passport.
I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca - they responded pretty quick.. you can attached your ticket to prove that u have travel plans.. so they will consider your case and provide extension. In my case i had to renew my passport. so they provided me with 30 extra days.

Aug 28, 2018
Please what is the processing time to have your passport stamped with a Visa for COPR purposes. I was invited to submit my passport and some documents to have a Visa stamp and for COPR completion. The problem is that I am to travel for a work assignment on or before the 22nd of September and I worry that if I submit my documents and passport, I may not have it back in time for my work trip.

I was given a 15 days deadline to submit passport, etc and I already have 7 days left. I sent a mail (for extension) to the email address provided on Wednesday last week but I'm yet to get a response. It was my hope that if the extension is granted, I can submit from where I am travelling to and get it back there since I will be there a short while.

What do you advise at this stage? Should I go ahead and submit (if its confirmed I can receive it before the 20th/22nd thereabout? OR should I just wait for a response (although i have a 7 day grace period)

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, @cc31, @canadapr, Sorry for the late reply; I was away on holidays so without access to emails.

1. We got granted an extension of 1 month (30 days).
2. I didn't provide any proof with the request email but was very clear about the reasons and included all the dates etc and also included the exact date till which I needed an extension.
3. The response was really very simple and straightforward - have copied it below

"Dear Sir/Madam, Please note that your passport submission date was extended to xyz/2017. You are requested to provide our office with your passport before this date for finalization of your application."

4. they are usually good granting extensions so I really don't think they won't grant an extension if you have a genuine reason. As for what happens if you aren't granted an extension; I am not really sure. A more probable outcome is you don't get a response in time, in which case, from my experience I recommend to try contacting via several means if you don't get a response. (email to the office, case specific query form on CIC website, other means if you can find these).
what was email id you sent email ?

ks2018

Jan 31, 2019
Hi -

I got my passport request on Jan 18 with 30 days to submit passport, but I have to travel for work every week and my current project will go in till Feb 28. I emailed for an extension through IRCC web form, the abdbiimmigration@international.gc.ca email address and at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. Today, I got an update on my application with a letter saying -

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.

Please note that an extension has been granted for the submission of Passport Copies for you and your spouse. The new deadline is March 8, 2019.

At the same time, the IRCC folks have added another section on my application saying 'Replacement Need; Passport' with deadline 8 March 2019! It seems like there is some confusion and they are talking about passport copy we submit with application. Super confused - what do I do now!?

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019

If I need an extension for sending passport because of travel does anyone know how long it will take? as I messaged since Wednesday and no reply yet. I replied on the email they sent it from and also on the ircc web form.Do I email the CPC ottawa email? The passport request that I got was from Sydney office, would that be a problem or?

sky2019

Jan 4, 2019
I received a do not reply email from the email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca when I sent a request to them via email for extension. Is this what you guys got and how long do they take to respond? I will wait till Monday end of day if I don't hear back then I will just send the passport and not risk as the trip was not so urgent i guess :(

tantan911

May 16, 2018
Hi,

I'm new immigrant to Canada that just received my PPR and submitted the passports for me and my family. However, surprisingly I have found that the expiry date of the visa is (2-May-19). My medical test was on (3-Sep-2018) which the visa should be valid for one year later as the PPR email states (3-Sep-2019).

I have figured out that the Visa expiry date is the same as my wife's old passport expiry date. I believe my profile was approved before the date that I have submitted the new passport.

I have already booked international flights to Canada and domestic flights as well on (15-June-2019).

Any help what to do ? I already submitted an IRCC web form inquiry but they just replied it's has been forwarded to the responsible office. but a week left and no solution has been provided from them.

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
I received a do not reply email from the email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca when I sent a request to them via email for extension. Is this what you guys got and how long do they take to respond? I will wait till Monday end of day if I don't hear back then I will just send the passport and not risk as the trip was not so urgent i guess :(
Hey
Did you get an extension?